Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
That is the problem. Lack of consistent committed support.
For some as at most clubs that is the case but it's also tosh in many peoples' cases. As JannerinCardiff alluded there are many who justc cannot do it every game. I live on the continent so as soon as the fixtures are out I plan my trips to visit family. I look for Tues/Sat games to take in two or if I have a choice of Pompey or Accrington it's a no brainer which I choose though I saw both this season as they were days apart.
There are many all over the UK and further afield who can only attend a handful of games. The solution for me is a flexi so I don't get locked out of a more attractive fixture. The no potd works well for the club I'm sure but it does also put off those who have to make a late decision.

Reactions: smudja
May 8, 2011
For some as at most clubs that is the case but it's also tosh in many peoples' cases. As JannerinCardiff alluded there are many who justc cannot do it every game. I live on the continent so as soon as the fixtures are out I plan my trips to visit family. I look for Tues/Sat games to take in two or if I have a choice of Pompey or Accrington it's a no brainer which I choose though I saw both this season as they were days apart.
There are many all over the UK and further afield who can only attend a handful of games. The solution for me is a flexi so I don't get locked out of a more attractive fixture. The no potd works well for the club I'm sure but it does also put off those who have to make a late decision.
But the problem is that Argyle do not have a large enough commited fan base that go to every game. Which for a city the size of Plymouth is shocking.
In terms of % of the population that go to football, Argyle are probably bottom of League 1.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
What about the people who can't go to every match, but can only go to a say 4-5 home matches maximum? This group of people look at the fixture list when it comes out and think I'd like to go to that one and that one and plan a trip ... then when the tickets go on sale they are snapped up and this fan can't get a ticket.
As jerryatricjanner said "The solution for me is a flexi "

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I always thought the outside of the Lyndhurst could be used before games and at half time? There’s plenty of room there for fans to mingle and for kiosks to be set up, it could be fenced off or a temporary marquee set up, although the half time smokers and vapers may not like it!

With the security checks before games it’s basically a no go area for the public anyway.
I would have thought that they could extend out a few feet as a single storey to widen the concourse and add extra kiosks.

Dec 3, 2005
I think 5000 ST holders at this stage is amazing.
When you consider the financial pressure being placed on many supporters and their families.
It appears that paying around £400 for a ST is not a worrying think for some on here. But for many £400 will be an unjustified expense at this time. So I think 5000 is an amazing figure. Just wish some on here would have some empathy with those who now find that Argyle is not a priority, at the moment

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
So if we sell Cooper for say 8 million, and the basic rule is, if you have money you invest it to generate more money. Where do you invest?

Where do you get a return ? Bigger playing budget has no credible ROI, just a gamble. We are growing organically and the playing budget will grow with it. Filling in a corner of the stadium will give a return, assuming we have some sell out matches, which we will a few times a season at least. The term of the payback may be many years, but there is definitely a payback and the money would otherwise sit there doing nothing to our long term organic growth. I would think a large transfer fee = increased capacity. Better than the money sitting in the bank and what else could it be spent on that would definitely provide additional revenue ?

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
keep the stadium the size it is then expect to remain mediocre and others ripping you for supporting an under achieving stale club

Feb 8, 2005
Pay a large transfer fee and you will have to do it again in two years time when his contract ends, so that will be a non starter.

Jul 12, 2016
The ground is too small. With 1/3 of the stadium already sold to ST holders, there will be so many sell outs next year.
We can argue about the size of capacity until you are blue in the face but although Home Park looks nice from some angles it looks awful from others!
With going on 300000 people living in the City alone, why wouldn't you want say a 30000 stadium that's complete?
If you have the money to build a stadium or you have the contacts to do this which I am quite certain Mr Hallett has then why not do it?
It will be worth it when the crowds come, you wouldn't need amateur standard seating in when Liverpool next rock up for a start, and you never know, maybe fans will again flock in to the stadium with it being a nice shiny one?
You can cite the last time we were in the Championship all you like but no one knows what would happen the next time we are there and no one can predict that attendances would go down again year on year.
Build it and they will come!
Pie in the sky! You’ll be waiting an awful long time before we get regular attendances of 30,000 .There is optimism and fantasy land and your idea is the latter. Who would invest millions in a stadium which would be half empty for the vast majority of the season?If we struggle next season you will understand how fickle some Argyle “supporters “can be.

Apr 27, 2019
Totally disagree.

Argyle have a very large contingent of fans that don't live in Plymouth. What about the people who can't go to every match, but can only go to a say 4-5 home matches maximum? This group of people look at the fixture list when it comes out and think I'd like to go to that one and that one and plan a trip ... then when the tickets go on sale they are snapped up and this fan can't get a ticket. If we had a bigger stadium that fan and other floaters would be able to go to the match and provide much needed revenue to strengthen the playing side.

You talk like you are a ST holder - there is very large fanbase of Argyle fans that are not ST holders.
You have the option of the Flexi ticket which gives you priority booking👍

Reactions: Argylegames

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
You have the option of the Flexi ticket which gives you priority booking👍

But if you went to 4 or less home matches, getting a flexi ticket wouldn't work out good economically. It would actually be cheaper to pay separately and go to 4 individual matches.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
But if you went to 4 or less home matches, getting a flexi ticket wouldn't work out good economically. It would actually be cheaper to pay separately and go to 4 individual matches.
The way I look at it is that a Lower Mayflower flexi costs me about the same as 4 individual tickets elsewhere in the ground and by only attending 4 of my 6 I haven't really lost out financially. I also have the fall back that if I can attend the full 6 great and it almost guarantees me a ticket for sought after games(Chelsea aside)