Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Season ticket sales. (Approaching 9,000)

jerryatricjanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
⚽️ Whittaker Sponsor
Apr 22, 2006
Very encouraging and not unexpected. With a third being new buyers we could be looking at 8,000 plus this season.
I like the match day pricing structure too with some attractive prices for the less glamorous fixtures.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
Cunningham Sponsor 👱‍♀️
⚽️ Whittaker Sponsor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Kids Shirt Donor 💚
👱‍♀️ McMahon Sponsor
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
But we lose out on revenue every time we have a sell out.
There are two different aspects here.

1. If you can't guarantee a seat by walking up to the ticket office because the game is sold out then it encourages you to ensure a seat by buying a ST.
2. If we are losing money because we are turning people away consistently then the club need to address that in a sustainable way.

The only way we can justify large expansions is if the overwhelming majority of the crowd are ST holders, and we are consistently turning people away as there is no room.
When last in the Prem Pompous had a crowd which was mostly ST holders as you couldn't get a seat otherwise. (Away area excepted)

Interesting that you mention Pompey and it being difficult to get tickets for individual games when they were in the Prem. I have a couple of mates who are Portsmouth fans, and that caused a fair bit of alienation among supporters who didn't get every Saturday off work for instance. If you've got the cash to buy a ST, you don't live too far away and you work Monday to Friday it's fine, but it's important that other people get access to matchday tickets too.

When I was in my early 20s I worked in a shop which meant I got four Saturdays off a year (and a day off on Boxing Day was out of the question) so I could only really go to Tuesday night games. If the ground had already been sold out to ST holders I'd just never have been able to watch Argyle live. Luckily we were absolutely terrible at the time so it was never a problem.

Jul 12, 2016
Interesting that you mention Pompey and it being difficult to get tickets for individual games when they were in the Prem. I have a couple of mates who are Portsmouth fans, and that caused a fair bit of alienation among supporters who didn't get every Saturday off work for instance. If you've got the cash to buy a ST, you don't live too far away and you work Monday to Friday it's fine, but it's important that other people get access to matchday tickets too.

When I was in my early 20s I worked in a shop which meant I got four Saturdays off a year (and a day off on Boxing Day was out of the question) so I could only really go to Tuesday night games. If the ground had already been sold out to ST holders I'd just never have been able to watch Argyle live. Luckily we were absolutely terrible at the time so it was never a problem.
Buy a flexible ticket?

jerryatricjanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
⚽️ Whittaker Sponsor
Apr 22, 2006
Buy a flexible ticket?
I think he was referring to Pompey or Argyle in the Prem and that wasn't an option I guess. It is the option I take at Argyle even though I will be unlikely to be able to attend 6 at home, it is more likely to be 3 or 4 at home and the same away. At 60 odd quid for an old git in the lower Mayflower it is still decent value and I can give my unused tickets to someone deserving as the season draws to a close.

Jan 6, 2004
I think if we had been promoted we would have sold out of season tickets (assuming they would limit season ticket sales to around 12,000) I would have got one even though only attend half matches, and many others would too.

Dec 30, 2020
Extremely encouraging that so many new people are taking up season tickets.

The Halletts have obviously invested very heavily in 'the matchday experience' (ugh) and in the professional people charged with delivering it.

It's probably quite hard to for those of us posting here to judge whether this investment is delivering because it has little bearing on our own matchday attendance or support for Argyle.

But these figures (admittedly from the not unbiased source of the club itself) suggest that it is.

Last edited:

About Pasoti

• Created by David Gadd in 1996, we are one of the oldest UK football sites. The site is now owned by Ian Newell & Ian De-Lar. Our Site Designer is Adam. Pasoti is family friendly and prides itself in being an online community. Give it a try, perhaps you'll like it. We are 100% independent of Plymouth Argyle Football Club. We do though, donate money to the Argyle Academy on a regular basis!

If any member requires individual details of the Good Deeds Fund please contact either Ian Newell or Ian De-Lar, who will be only too happy to discuss the various causes that benefit.

Please note if you register and log in the adverts will be far far less obtrusive. Visit us on Twitter!

Quick Navigation

User Menu