Season tickets (on sale Tuesday 21 May) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season tickets (on sale Tuesday 21 May)

Jan 6, 2004
Personally I would say 15,000 is on the optimistic side. 10% might not renew and 20% on the waiting list might not take the option up. Pure guesswork on my part of course. I also think if we did have as many as 15,000 we wouldn't have anything like 10,000 casuals as you call them. Whether season ticket holders or potd fans we only just sold 15,000 home tickets for a few games this season. On the other hand Leeds, Leicester, Saints and maybe a couple of others we might have have hit the low to mid 20,000 mark.
I dont quite know what you mean by "only just" selling out. There were a couple of games where extra tickets came on very late and were only just sold before the match, but that is become they came out late! We dont know how many would be fans just dont bother because they assume sold out. I know a couple of families in this category who would like to start taking the kids to the odd game but do not because the chances of getting seats together if at all are minimal.

I think there is every chance we would get 25,000 home fans for the big matches, not every week for sure but in 86/87 when are average for first season back in the championship was 12,000 we got up to 21,000. Why is it unrealistic to think we could get up to 25,000 now when football is twice a popular?

Anyway I accept these figures are pretty much unknowable as they are hypothetical. My point is that crowds clearly will not fall off next season as some of our more pessimistic posters predicted they would if we struggled this season and Simon now accepts the case for a higher capacity is made out (funding it a different matter of course...)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I thought the same. I sit in the lower mayflower, so hopefully I'm not one of them 😂.

Expected rise, but I noticed the ticket exchange price as stayed the same for my area. So although they say you get your money back, you actually get nearly £4 less than the cost per game.

Think you would of been contacted by now if you was one who had to move

Reactions: Truro 1980

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Does anybody know why the club cap season ticket sales, is it law or just the clubs choice.

Most clubs do cap season tickets, I don’t know why they do it but I guess so it’s kind of a even playing field where others get a chance to watch a match

Reactions: truejanner
Jan 6, 2004
Most clubs do cap season tickets, I don’t know why they do it but I guess so it’s kind of a even playing field where others get a chance to watch a match
If you sell out to season ticket holders you essentially freeze the fan base, if nobody else has a chance of watching a match interest outside the season ticket holder base is likely to drop off. If going to home park was a closed shop we would miss out on the next generation of fans (although I think this is already happening to certain extent, people who are not already fairly committed Argyle fans seem to just be assuming they will not get in)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I dont quite know what you mean by "only just" selling out. There were a couple of games where extra tickets came on very late and were only just sold before the match, but that is become they came out late! We dont know how many would be fans just dont bother because they assume sold out. I know a couple of families in this category who would like to start taking the kids to the odd game but do not because the chances of getting seats together if at all are minimal.

I think there is every chance we would get 25,000 home fans for the big matches, not every week for sure but in 86/87 when are average for first season back in the championship was 12,000 we got up to 21,000. Why is it unrealistic to think we could get up to 25,000 now when football is twice a popular?

Anyway I accept these figures are pretty much unknowable as they are hypothetical. My point is that crowds clearly will not fall off next season as some of our more pessimistic posters predicted they would if we struggled this season and Simon now accepts the case for a higher capacity is made out (funding it a different matter of course...)
The Millwall Tuesday evening game only just about sold out and I think it was another Tuesday evening game also but they were rare exceptions.
I did agree with you that we would hit the mid 20,000s for some games.
For sure some more casual fans don't go because late in the day there is only single seats available.
I didn't see attendances falling next season either so we are pretty much in agreement.

Reactions: Green Flash

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
It also gives the chance to make more money from the corporate and - just as importantly - "tourist" fans. Argyle clearly dont have this anything like a Liverpool for example but they want people coming in, spending in the club shop, buying more drinks etc as its a "day out"

Mar 1, 2023
Where can you see the ticket exchange pricehttps://www.pafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-exch

Where can you see the ticket exchange price?
On the website there is a section that was titled 24/25 ticket exchange. I just went on it again and the date of the post at the top of the article was July 23. So, still a chance they might up it, although the link does say 24/25.