🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
He Who Would Valiant Be ‘Gainst All Disaster,
Let Him In Constancy Follow The Master.
There’s No Discouragement Shall Make Him Once Relent
His First Avowed Intent To Be A Pilgrim.

Says it all.

Reactions: bigalf

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
It's up there with our national anthem. Certainly not to leave the crowd on a high - unless it's Dave Banana's version.

Apr 1, 2009
The amount of people that sing it would indicate it’s popularity
That's true, but is it just a question of having something to sing when we win? Are you happy that our victory song has absolutely no connection to our club or city, or indeed our country, and is sung by crowds at sporting events all over the world?

Yes, it's better than nothing as people know (most of) the words and do sing it. However, at a club that is doing great things in forging its own identity and role in its local community, wouldn't it be great if we had a victory song that was our own, had some local connection, and was different from what everyone else sings. Sadly, and it's probably the fault of the fans as much as the club, in this instance we'd rather follow others than do something unique.

Having read the posts and looking at some of the requirements, preferences and suggestions I have been mulling this over. Me and my mate tried turning Hey Jude into Nah nah nah nanah nah naaaah Ab-dou at Loftus Rd many moons ago which never took off so I gave up then on my chant writing career

I don't normally like manufactured stuff and off the cuff randomness is sometimes the most effective and Sinatra was mentioned earlier, so how about an uplifting Croonfest of New York, New York. Everbody knows the basic lyrics and wouldn't take much to catch on and if you do want to tweak you could change New York to Home Park.

Also to make it a bit more "Football" you could end up with a rendition of Do Do Do-Da Do's repeated ad infinitum!!!

Feb 8, 2005
Having read the posts and looking at some of the requirements, preferences and suggestions I have been mulling this over. Me and my mate tried turning Hey Jude into Nah nah nah nanah nah naaaah Ab-dou at Loftus Rd many moons ago which never took off so I gave up then on my chant writing career

I don't normally like manufactured stuff and off the cuff randomness is sometimes the most effective and Sinatra was mentioned earlier, so how about an uplifting Croonfest of New York, New York. Everbody knows the basic lyrics and wouldn't take much to catch on and if you do want to tweak you could change New York to Home Park.

Also to make it a bit more "Football" you could end up with a rendition of Do Do Do-Da Do's repeated ad infinitum!!!
The youngies would say "Frank Who?" and would never have heard of the song.

TBP

Feb 28, 2022
I don't particularly like Sweet Caroline, but a lot of people obviously do given how many sing it after a win, so I can't see the problem. I can't see a 17th century hymn catching on to be honest. Hey Jude is a personal favourite, but then I'm old!! Mind you, it's only a year older than Sweet Caroline.

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
So you say I got a funny face? I got no worries
And I don't know why, I don't know why
Oh, I gotta sing, it's some disgrace, I'm in no hurry
And I don't know why, I don't know why
Anymore, no, no, no
Come on, feel the noise
Girls, rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild
Come on, feel the noise
Girls, rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild, baby
Come on

Reactions: Jim Furnells Shirt
Jul 28, 2020
My one wish for the new season, apart from the obvious dream of promotion, is that the club finds a less overused anthem than Sweet Caroline after each home win.
The song started in boxing but is now used everywhere from tennis to William Hill adverts.
Using the Janner song before games is a great use of a unique theme tune and hearing Crystal Palace fans belting out "Glad all over" shows what impact can be made with a little imagination. Surely the growing media team at Home Park can come up with something different to the ubiquitous Sweet Caroline.
Nah

Reactions: NLG

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
Can’t stand sweet Caroline, poor song, so corny and to me reminds me of Englands failure at Euro 2020, Lowes crappy fist pumps and bookmaker adverts. Scrap it asap please Argyle. Anything but! 🙉