• Welcome to PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by GA Solicitors and Lang & Potter.

**Save Our Club Meeting SATURDAY 13th PAVILIONS CONFIRMED**

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
In view of developments over the last day or two, we are going to have a Save Our Club meeting this Saturday at 11:30 - 13:00.

Venue is now confirmed at the Pavilions.

Brendan Guilfoyle and Peter Ridsdale have confirmed attendance; we are inviting players' and staff representatives.

The meeting will be open to all supporters.

More details to follow.

This is the time for action - this is the place to agree it.

Oct 7, 2003
Peter Ryan":glgqg0at said:
In view of developments over the last day or two, we are going to have a Save Our Club meeting this Saturday at 11:30 - 13:00.

We are trying to book the Guildhall but please watch this space for confirmation.

Brendan Guilfoyle and Peter Ridsdale have confirmed attendance; we are inviting players' and staff representatives.

More details to follow.

The time for talking is over - these merchants are taking the pisss!! Tell the staff to walk today and get this bloody mess brought to a head!!

May 22, 2006
bandwagon":3g4oxf1a said:
Peter Ryan":3g4oxf1a said:

We are trying to book the Guildhall but please watch this space for confirmation.

More details to follow.

The time for talking is over - these merchants are taking the pisss!! Tell the staff to walk today and get this bloody mess brought to a head!!

Completely agree. For too long Guilfoyle has sent one message through his words, and another through his actions.

Our actions and words should be united, concise and clear - enough is enough.

Mar 10, 2011
Let's march/protest after The meeting!!! Leave the meeting, walk up to home park in mass numbers on the way up there chant/sing all the way upto home park!!! COME ON IF YOU CARE ABOUT OUR CLUB THEN LETS MARCH IN HUGE NUMBERS AND MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD!!!

Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I won't be able to make the meeting this weekend, however, this link is to a thread that I created with lots of Guilfoyle quotes.

I'd be delighted if somebody printed this and used it to harangue Mr Guilfoyle with it at the meeting over things he has said and then changed position on in recent weeks.

The people who have run the club over the summer have had it too easy for too long.

Dec 7, 2006
Very brave (or brazen) of Gitfoyle and Ridsdale to attend - I expect and hope that they are going to get an extremely rough ride. :evil: I reckon this could turn quite ugly but needs must. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! :twisted:

Mar 4, 2008
Perhaps there could be a request sent to the football league to send a representative to the meeting to inform us what their position and take is on the current situation is. It seems to me from the limited information coming from both them and the PB, that we have reached a stalemate.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to give this one a miss.

Simply too angry to meet Guilfoyle at the moment and my behaviour may not be what it should be.

Sep 6, 2006
Peter Ryan":22bnqxhg said:

More details to follow.

This is the time for action - this is the place to agree it.

He might be useless but he's a brave man!

Jun 27, 2006
Cornwall
Great stuff - this will be packed out like the last one and patience will now be very thin but order must be maintained, difficult as that may be. Heaney is a waste of space and it's astonishing he is being given yet more time but boycotting the match will not hurt him, only the staff, players and the club who need our support more so now than ever before.

Let's show what this club means to us with a turnout INSIDE the ground.

Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Perhaps this won't go down well, but, Peter, can you tell me if there is an agenda and what are the aims of the meeting? The "Save our Club" is something none of us would disagree with, its just means and opportunity thats required.

It would appear that Brenda has run out of patience with Heeney, hence this afternoons court action, in which case we should have a better idea of where we stand. Leaving aside my own feelings about the CG, it has until now quietly gone about its business and that is to be applauded, so why change the emphasis now? And yes, I do realise this is not organised by the CG :lol: in fact the organisation appears more ad hoc as it appears to be in no ones name at the mo.

So I'm all for saving the club and if there was something more constructive I could do, then please tell me, but Im never comfortable with large meetings that have the potential for being over taken by ranting and lack of clarity, which in the long run becomes self defeating. And in the current climate, which changes several times a day but is nonetheless, boiling, I hope you have sufficient stewards. Im not even sure what it is hoped will be achieved. Perhaps you have not had time to type up that post.

I have got the impression that many believe we are now closer to Liquidation, personally, I think we are nearer to salvation as long as Brenda (or the managing Partner) allows reasonable time. I may be wrong but my understanding is that if he tried to liquidate he can be challenged at Judicial Review asthere is a clear and viable (?) alternative. Perhaps QC or Elburton could clarify.

tonycholwell":3pdlsso2 said:
Perhaps this won't go down well, but, Peter, can you tell me if there is an agenda and what are the aims of the meeting? The "Save our Club" is something none of us would disagree with, its just means and opportunity thats required.

It would appear that Brenda has run out of patience with Heeney, hence this afternoons court action, in which case we should have a better idea of where we stand. Leaving aside my own feelings about the CG, it has until now quietly gone about its business and that is to be applauded, so why change the emphasis now? And yes, I do realise this is not organised by the CG :lol: in fact the organisation appears more ad hoc as it appears to be in no ones name at the mo.

So I'm all for saving the club and if there was something more constructive I could do, then please tell me, but Im never comfortable with large meetings that have the potential for being over taken by ranting and lack of clarity, which in the long run becomes self defeating. And in the current climate, which changes several times a day but is nonetheless, boiling, I hope you have sufficient stewards. Im not even sure what it is hoped will be achieved. Perhaps you have not had time to type up that post.

I have got the impression that many believe we are now closer to Liquidation, personally, I think we are nearer to salvation as long as Brenda (or the managing Partner) allows reasonable time. I may be wrong but my understanding is that if he tried to liquidate he can be challenged at Judicial Review asthere is a clear and viable (?) alternative. Perhaps QC or Elburton could clarify.

Join the trust Tony and i will draft one for you yes just you! :greensmile:

A

Anonymous

tonycholwell":34lms0nd said:

Tony

You make a very valid point. The last thing we want is this meeting timed out so it needs focus and a strict agenda. The Contingency Committee are meeting on Friday so that will be a good chance to tighten arrangements up.

It would be great to see you there Tony. Come on you've read about me, googled me, researched me and done your home work. Come and see the real thing mate :))

Chris

A

Anonymous

Andy_Symons":1xy0gilj said:
IJN":1xy0gilj said:
I'm going to give this one a miss.

Simply too angry to meet Guilfoyle at the moment and my behaviour may not be what it should be.

That's exactly why you should be there mate. The time for playing all nicey-nicey is over.

I'm over my little 'hiatus' I'll be there!!

:greensmile:

Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Chris Webb":3gz3rtwy said:
tonycholwell":3gz3rtwy said:

Tony

You make a very valid point. The last thing we want is this meeting timed out so it needs focus and a strict agenda. The Contingency Committee are meeting on Friday so that will be a good chance to tighten arrangements up.

It would be great to see you there Tony. Come on you've read about me, googled me, researched me and done your home work. Come and see the real thing mate :))

Chris

Chris

You attribute to me far far too much :lol: And I have met you on a number of occasions. Im sure you will chair the meeting with alacrity and ease.

Can you arrange for me to have Vivs parking space?

Tony