Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle

Aug 26, 2021
Have we not discussed it? Most of his "allegations", as you call them, came out in his first interviews at PNE and were done to death on here. We've had all sorts of less than flattering remarks about the way he left, not to mention the odd allegation about RL himself. There's nothing really left to discuss., It's the view of a great many Argyle fans that we're better off without him, so why give further attention to a man who thrives on it?

My "Why are we still talking about this man" remark was actually a little flippant, but in all seriousness it's surely time to move on.
First time yesterday Lowe said that Argyle announced Schumacher before he had resigned. That seems to be the reason for the bad blood. Wouldn't mind a club response to that as I'm sure we'd have done everything properly.

Reactions: watkin

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
First time yesterday Lowe said that Argyle announced Schumacher before he had resigned. That seems to be the reason for the bad blood. Wouldn't mind a club response to that as I'm sure we'd have done everything properly.
bullpoo.

I did notice that RL didn’t directly thank SH which was a surprise given the amount of support he had from him.

Feb 8, 2005
I have no qualms regarding Mr Lowe.

He did a job. He got paid and has now moved on.

I would liken him to an opportunist.

We were rudderless in the bottom division with the potential for vast improvement.

Simon Hallett gave him a five year target of getting us into the Championship.

He gave us a brand of possession football that was pleasing to the eye, although there were always detractors.

He talked the talk and the crowds returned to Home Park.

He gained promotion at the first attempt thanks to Covid.

The next season was a season of stability, of remaining in the league and of learning what the league was all about, for the players and the coaching staff alike. The season petered out but we stayed in the league.

This season was a season of pushing on up the league, looking for maybe a top ten finish, (possible if we were able to overachieve according to our finances compared to our opponents), but we overdid it a bit and fate put us at the top of the league, we all knew it was a false position because of Covid.

Two and a half years into his contract of being down here on his own, no family and miles away from home which must have taken its toll, and the opportunity to move up to a Championship club in the North West gave him an opportunity to leave on a high.

I don't blame him for going. Put yourself in his place.

What we wanted was a manager who could see out his time with us and achieve, or at least attempt to achieve the target of promotion to the Championship.

Lowe bailed out too soon for many of us, he was not a Plymouth Argyle man, he was just another manager looking for a way of advancing his career. He was an opportunist.

There aren't many similar opportunities in the football league, and he will have to work hard to improve his football teams from here on in.

I don't begrudge him his opportunity with Preston, just disappointed. He did change our outlook, he changed the way the Club was run and did what Hallett asked of him, he just didn't finish the job.

Managers come and go and he has been and gone, and will be remembered for his brand of football.

We now have a manager who appears to be the opposite of an opportunist, someone who is serious about his role in the Club. A young hard working manager who has been an assistant of Lowe's, who has been there with him, and who embraces the way that Lowe (but probably at Hallett's request) has created a single way of playing throughout the Club and will continue with the progress without any hiccups usually found with a change in manager.

We will see whether the new manager is up to the job, but I'd like to think that we have found someone who will give it his all, someone who has the knowledge and the skill to continue with delivering the brand of football that we have been used to, and one that will be able to improve the team, with the assistance of his (our) backroom staff who have been happy to remain with the club during this time of transition.

It will be difficult for our club to remain in and around the play-off positions, but this should be the target and who knows what will happen during the second half of the season, that's the joy of following our football club, isn't it?

The king is dead, long live the king.

I think a perpetual problem for all us is that fans are tribal, whilst players and management see football as careers within a business.

Imagine if, the last time you changed your job, your previous colleagues challenged you with some of the comments on here. Worse still, as a manager you have probably only 2-3 years to succeed or fail (there’s not much room in between), before you moved on, hopefully upwards. Wouldn’t you big up your performance in the media, knowing your next employer is possibly watching? I think I would. I would also know that the best time to me move for me, would hopefully be the worst time for my employer. Same applies if I were a player.

That doesn’t stop me half hoping RL fails if I’m honest, because he’s turned his back on my tribe. Don’t think it will happen though.

Reactions: Tugboat

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
He is all about image & how he is perceived- he would not know the truth if it smacked him in the face
He was always me,me,me- The Showman & the green army were the audience- take away the mask & their is not much there
Listening to what he said yesterday reaffirms what we know he was not the brains in the partnership & we have got an sufficient upgrade in the humble, proud, extremely articulate Schuey

Kieran Agard who was only with us a short time sent a beautifully worded, sincere tweet after leaving now that is what you call humility, being extremely humble & genuine

Soundbite as none of those qualities - i am a great believer in what goes around, comes around & his time one day will come

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think a perpetual problem for all us is that fans are tribal, whilst players and management see football as careers within a business.

Imagine if, the last time you changed your job, your previous colleagues challenged you with some of the comments on here. Worse still, as a manager you have probably only 2-3 years to succeed or fail (there’s not much room in between), before you moved on, hopefully upwards. Wouldn’t you big up your performance in the media, knowing your next employer is possibly watching? I think I would. I would also know that the best time to me move for me, would hopefully be the worst time for my employer. Same applies if I were a player.

That doesn’t stop me half hoping RL fails if I’m honest, because he’s turned his back on my tribe. Don’t think it will happen though.
Interesting view point Merv. And to be honest pretty true in what you say.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
One particularly nauseating sentence was this.. “I feel privileged and proud to call a mate that I have learned him to hopefully take them to the next level with the rest of the coaching staff.”

Apart from poor grammar, there’s a very subtle attempt at laying the ground work to steal Schumacher’s thunder should the latter be successful.

Odious man. I’ve had more than enough to say on his poorly handled exit. As a media tart he really DID know how to make the right noises if he had chosen to because it’s one of his greatest strengths. However, I really hope that we don’t have too many threads dragging him back in to the spotlight.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
In his first interview with PNE, he was asked how difficult was the decision to leave ‘Plymouth’. The eagerness in which he blurted out ‘easy’, almost before the question had ended tells me all I need to know.

Yes, it was a PNE interview so he had to big them up but how difficult would it been to say something like ‘It was difficult to leave such a good club, but when a club like Preston calls, you have to go.’ Nice and easy and keeps everyone happy.

Reactions: Argyle sy

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
When I saw Schuey at the Senior Greens a few years (when I told anyone that would listen that he'd be our next manager) he said, with a lovely jokey glint in his eye, when asked what was his role at PAFC, "I'm the brains of the outfit, the Gaffer is the front man".

It was said in good humour but quite a few of us who witnessed it, had no doubt that he was talking the truth.

Jul 7, 2005
I believe Ryan Lowe joined us in June 2019 so pre-season for 2019-20. How could we have been bottom of League 2 as he claims as we hadn’t played any games yet!!! Admittedly we didn’t have any points at the time but the Board already had its 5 year plan. COYGs.
Maybe he couldn't work out that the league table at that time was in alphabetical order.

Sep 6, 2006
One particularly nauseating sentence was this.. “I feel privileged and proud to call a mate that I have learned him to hopefully take them to the next level with the rest of the coaching staff.”

Apart from poor grammar, there’s a very subtle attempt at laying the ground work to steal Schumacher’s thunder should the latter be successful.

Odious man. I’ve had more than enough to say on his poorly handled exit. As a media tart he really DID know how to make the right noises if he had chosen to because it’s one of his greatest strengths. However, I really hope that we don’t have too many threads dragging him back in to the spotlight.
But you will contribute if there is! Get over it for c sake!