Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle

May 16, 2016
When he arrived, he did project the image of someone who thought we'd never seen football down here before his arrival. Hope, his fist pumping escapades at Preston work out well for him and they make good progress before his next set of press conference and post match cliches become too easily predictable for their fans as well.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
When he arrived, he did project the image of someone who thought we'd never seen football down here before his arrival. Hope, his fist pumping escapades at Preston work out well for him and they make good progress before his next set of press conference and post match cliches become too easily predictable for their fans as well.
We had we had Carey before Lowe !!

Jul 29, 2008
As an Argyle fan of 30 years I can only compare this with when Hollowords left & I recall I was absolutely gutted when he left for Leicester, and it took a long time to get back to a level of pride in our performances & as a club, so when I heard about Lowe going I was surprised how little it bothered meā€¦I canā€™t put my finger on why I didnā€™t feel bothered but I just never got to the level of excitement & expectancy as the Hollowords era. Now 6 weeks on everything I read & hear about Shuey makes me think weā€™ve actually been done a favour & got a more grounded, genuine guy at the helm. Obviously time will tell how our new No 1 performs, but for me Iā€™ve actually forgotten about our previous No 1 & donā€™t really give a flying fluck about anything he has to say, Iā€™m more focussed on getting behind our current manager & the team that play for him & for us the fans to ā€˜over achieveā€™ & make us proud each & every game for the rest of the seasonā€¦..loving this season more than I have for a longtime!!

Oct 5, 2021
As an Argyle fan of 30 years I can only compare this with when Hollowords left & I recall I was absolutely gutted when he left for Leicester, and it took a long time to get back to a level of pride in our performances & as a club, so when I heard about Lowe going I was surprised how little it bothered meā€¦I canā€™t put my finger on why I didnā€™t feel bothered but I just never got to the level of excitement & expectancy as the Hollowords era. Now 6 weeks on everything I read & hear about Shuey makes me think weā€™ve actually been done a favour & got a more grounded, genuine guy at the helm. Obviously time will tell how our new No 1 performs, but for me Iā€™ve actually forgotten about our previous No 1 & donā€™t really give a flying fluck about anything he has to say, Iā€™m more focussed on getting behind our current manager & the team that play for him & for us the fans to ā€˜over achieveā€™ & make us proud each & every game for the rest of the seasonā€¦..loving this season more than I have for a longtime!!
As he says

Apr 4, 2004
I don't think RL is very good at saying what he means. That peice looks like its intended to make the peace with us fans. But it misses the spot in so many ways and has ended up looking like he just wants to big himself up and talk about his achievements. I don't hold it against him that he doesn't have good media manners and to be honest I had never really spotted how bad they are. Distracted by the football I suppose. Or that he left us. It would have been nice if he could have just issued a sincere sorry to dump you type statement and say thank you for the great times. We all get the pull of family etc. Wasted opportunity in my view.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
ā€œI want nothing but good for Plymouth Argyle becauseā€¦ā€

Because theyā€™re a great club? You loved the city? Simon Hallett gave you a fantastic opportunity and stuck by you when things were tough?

Nope.

ā€œā€¦because I have took them from the lower echelons of League Two to now on the brink of play-offs to reach the Championshipā€.

Ah, rightio then. Itā€™s genuinely a bit odd how itā€™s brought back to Ryan Lowe at every single opportunity.

earl grey

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Nov 26, 2011
Why are we still talking about this man?
I agree in principle and donā€™t think I have since he left, obviously this is something that he just popped up after 6 or so weeks and raised a giggle...Iā€™m already back to your way of thinking, I promise šŸ™‚

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
I agree with xmastree, dont see why we are using up pasoti space and time and effort over a previous manager. For me i am done with RL and moved on. Managers come and go, players come and go, fans are forever, in most cases. All my respect goes to SH and his family for where we are now, and the players who represent our club.

May 8, 2011
It seems if only Chris Errington had put the right number in his phone, then some of the negative comments might have been so bad on here. Looks like Lowe wanted to say goodbye to Green Army but didn't get the chance because of a wrong number.
Ryan Lowe tried to contact the Herald on the Thursday, so he didnā€™t try on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?
Perhaps he was taken aback by the fans reaction and belatedly thought whoops!
Surprised also Chris Errington or the local BBC didnā€™t try to contact him earlier.
Even if he had a different phone number to his time at Argyle they could have tried through PNE to arrange an interview.

Aug 5, 2016
Ryan Lowe tried to contact the Herald on the Thursday, so he didnā€™t try on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?
Perhaps he was taken aback by the fans reaction and belatedly thought whoops!
Surprised also Chris Errington or the local BBC didnā€™t try to contact him earlier.
Even if he had a different phone number to his time at Argyle they could have tried through PNE to arrange an interview.
The Herald wouldn't be a difficult media organisation to get hold of if you honestly wanted to get hold of them to say a few nice departing words.

Time to draw a line under the timewaster.
Every interview is a further exercise of self promotion, exaggerating his own achievements and making it all about himself.

He will never be welcome back in Plymouth I fear due to how badly he has handled his departure.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
The Herald wouldn't be a difficult media organisation to get hold of if you honestly wanted to get hold of them to say a few nice departing words.
Time to draw a line under the timewaster.
Every interview is a further exercise of self promotion, exaggerating his own achievements and making it all about himself.

He will never be welcome back in Plymouth I fear due to how badly he has handled his departure.
This - With the exception of not being h welcome back in Plymouth.

He certainly wonā€™t ever get a welcoming parade at HP should he ever bring a team down but Iā€™d like to think he wouldnā€™t be lynched if he was to ever return to the city in a non football involvement.

Time is a healer but we wonā€™t ever forget.

Reactions: chester

fawlty

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
Rock bottom of league two we were!
Think he's confusing himself with John Sheridan
I believe Ryan Lowe joined us in June 2019 so pre-season for 2019-20. How could we have been bottom of League 2 as he claims as we hadnā€™t played any games yet!!! Admittedly we didnā€™t have any points at the time but the Board already had its 5 year plan. COYGs.

Apr 1, 2009
He's made a couple of allegations about us. Why wouldn't we discuss it ?
Have we not discussed it? Most of his "allegations", as you call them, came out in his first interviews at PNE and were done to death on here. We've had all sorts of less than flattering remarks about the way he left, not to mention the odd allegation about RL himself. There's nothing really left to discuss., It's the view of a great many Argyle fans that we're better off without him, so why give further attention to a man who thrives on it?

My "Why are we still talking about this man" remark was actually a little flippant, but in all seriousness it's surely time to move on.

Reactions: kernow19