Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
I believe that Lowe loved being here but he's obviously ruthlessly ambitious to get to a higher level as a manager than he could do as a player.

I have heard him talk about being way ahead of his coaching career trajectory than he had planned to be by his age so that made it all the more surprising he upped sticks for Preston at this stage.

He obviously has a penchant for exaggerating with his quotes, but I actually hope he matures and becomes a top level coach. But I do believe he will end up regretting leaving PAFC at this stage of his career.

Anyway, Schuey's at the wheel and the future look's bright for Argyle so I don't think we should give much energy towards Lowe now tbh.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
However it's worth remembering that Schumacher is also a manager and will say what we want/need to hear, it's what they all do. Eventually it will be his turn to up sticks and love his job elsewhere, some people though will only remember Lowe as being another Holloway, but these men are in a career much the same as a player is, they move on.
We currently have a seemingly good manager, just enjoy it for what it is today.

mulliongreen

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2009
I think we had a lucky escape when Ryan Lowe left us for the bright lights of Preston. Whilst I thank him for what he achieved whilst he was here I honestly think that Steve Schumacher will eventually achieve more in his managerial career. I have supported this club since 1967 and I can honestly say that I have never been so optimistic of our future than I am now, we are run from top to bottom by some very talented people.

Sep 6, 2006
I find it hard to understand that anyone believes any professional Footballer / Manager when speaking through the press about the club that’s providing their fantastic living, they will rarely be anything but over enthusiastic, most posters on this site have been supporting the club for years and would have heard similar sound bites many time before, the only people who care for the club are the supporters. It’s time for some people to move on.
Exactly. Posters keep saying that, over it etc then keep coming back to it. When he took over we were in L2. When he left we were in play off position in L1. Is that not good enough for everyone?

Sep 6, 2006
I think we had a lucky escape when Ryan Lowe left us for the bright lights of Preston. Whilst I thank him for what he achieved whilst he was here I honestly think that Steve Schumacher will eventually achieve more in his managerial career. I have supported this club since 1967 and I can honestly say that I have never been so optimistic of our future than I am now, we are run from top to bottom by some very talented people.
You weren't so optimistic when we were promoted in 1975 with Mariner and Rafferty then?!

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Agree with what you say, mulliongreen. The football industry is replete with bad management practice, and this gives Argyle a potential comparative advantage that they can leverage to offset their lesser access to resources. It's looking good at the moment and fingers crossed that this will continue into the future.

As a result of this, I am much less annoyed by what Ryan Lowe is saying. The new "gaffer" is in a much better place than the former "gaffer", and has a much better chance of enhancing his managerial reputation over the coming years. He doesn't need to sing his own praises - not that he's that sort of bloke anyway.

We kept the better man.

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
I feel much more confident now than then, Balham Green. Yes, we had the wonderful Mariner and Rafferty and many other good players to boot. And we had Tony Waiters as manager, a man who ran a marathon to raise funds for his transfer chest.

But we had a Board of Directors who didn't know how to build on all of this and sold both Rafferty and Mariner for "Argyle prices".

We have a better Board.

mulliongreen

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2009
You weren't so optimistic when we were promoted in 1975 with Mariner and Rafferty then?!
As a young teenager back in those days I did not know any better and to a greater extent I was naive about how football clubs were run. I loved watching Mariner and Rafferty and I fully expected that we would get promoted the following season and be on Match of the day every weekend playing Liverpool and Manchester United. With age comes wisdom so they say and like you I suspect we have seen so many false dawns over the years but I have a different feeling about what is happening at Home Park these days and I hope that this time I am not wrong.

Jul 24, 2009
My guess FWIW is that he got upset with something about the way things unfolded with his exit from Argyle. Maybe he thought Shuey and him were a team and when it came to it he could persuade him to join him but Simon Hallett (rightly) had a contingency plan and acted very very quickly to offer Shuey the job, and he quickly accepted it, and then Argyle announced his departure before Lowe was ready to announce he was joining Preston. So I suspect he was upset with some combination of Shuey, Simon Hallett and the announcement and as a result his comments on Argyle were more terse than in retrospect he wishes they had been and this is him trying to rectify that and draw a one under it all. Who knows. (not saying for a minute Lowe would have grounds to be upset just that emotions ran high).

In the round it doesn't really matter, I don't think Ryan Lowe is an idiot but nor do I think he was genuinely in love with Argyle either. He did a good job, I didn't want him to leave when he did but he had what he considered a better role (NW, championship) and so he went and I am very happy we have Shuey in charge now. Onward and upward.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
That interview sums up just how self centred Lowe is, everything is about him. In this day and age it wouldn’t of been too difficult if he had wanted to release a statement. Wouldn’t Chris Errington of already had his number ????

Reactions: Wexford Green

HaroldPWH

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 9, 2006
Burbage, Leics
That interview sums up just how self centred Lowe is, everything is about him. In this day and age it wouldn’t of been too difficult if he had wanted to release a statement. Wouldn’t Chris Errington of already had his number ????
No, because Schuey already had his company car and phone by then 😂