Ryan Hardie | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Hardie

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
I really really hope we can sign this lad at the end of the season if Blackpool don't want him back! I did like Ryan Taylor over the years but i think hes too injury prone and Hardie really is a class above the rest.

His goal last night was SUPERB, the lad has got lots of confidence about him to take on 5 or 6 Salford players nearly on the half way line and take the ball through and score!

What chance do you think we have of getting him?

Jul 12, 2016
I agree although he fails to make the same sort of impact when he plays the full 90 mins. Probably too expensive for us to sign permanently.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
I think it might be because hes not fully fit. Black 'may' release him and he orobably doesnt want to go back there anyway as it didnt work out for him last season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Can Wootton claim an assist for Hardie's goal? :)

What a goal from nothing! Hardie had his back to goal close to the halfway line with defenders around him and yet he scores from that position.

He's scored four goals as a substitute but hasn't yet scored when starting a game. So there's a problem for Lowe not to start with Hardie.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Lets be honest about that goal last night. If that was scored by any big name superstar, from Spain or Italy for example, everyone would be raving about it.

May 22, 2006
Blackpool paid £150k for him at the start of the season, so they are unlikely to give him away for nothing.

It seemed he did not fit in with the manager’s style but as Grayson was sacked today, whoever the new manager is, is likely to at least want to consider him for next season.

If he keeps scoring for Argyle, the likely consequence will be that his price goes up and it becomes less likely we will get him permanently. Bit of a viscous circle.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
True, Leeroy; great goal but also imagine what we would be saying if an opponent turned 4 of our defenders near the halfway line and scored like that in stoppage time. One of our defenders should have ‘taken one for the team’.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
davie nine":2asm52mg said:
True, Leeroy; great goal but also imagine what we would be saying if an opponent turned 4 of our defenders near the halfway line and scored like that in stoppage time. One of our defenders should have ‘taken one for the team’.

They did try to, twice, with one being in the box, to which Hardie rode and stayed on his feet just, before scoring.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
pastiesforlife":2rocgcix said:
Blackpool paid £150k for him at the start of the season, so they are unlikely to give him away for nothing.

It seemed he did not fit in with the manager’s style but as Grayson was sacked today, whoever the new manager is, is likely to at least want to consider him for next season.

If he keeps scoring for Argyle, the likely consequence will be that his price goes up and it becomes less likely we will get him permanently. Bit of a viscous circle.

A sticky situation, indeed... ;)

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
leeroy221":3iuhpa54 said:
davie nine":3iuhpa54 said:

They did try to, twice, with one being in the box, to which Hardie rode and stayed on his feet just, before scoring.

Says a lot about his character as lesser men (especially those in the prem) would have "bought" a penalty there.

I do wonder, if he didn't score, would it have been pulled back. Glad we didn't have to find that out.

Jan 27, 2012
Perhaps Argyle should try and agree a fee with Blackpool for Hardie right now, before his stock rises too much ?

If Argyle could afford him, and he wants to sign permanently here, then it could work out well for all parties.

PS- I saw David Goodwillie play for Clyde against Celtic the other day on TV. Legal troubles aside, he might have been a player that could have thrived under Lowe's particular style of football. I think he is a much better player than he showed during his time at Home Park.

Sep 6, 2006
leeroy221":1877nfod said:
Lets be honest about that goal last night. If that was scored by any big name superstar, from Spain or Italy for example, everyone would be raving about it.

Well if it was scored against big name superstar defenders...