Rumours | Page 28 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
It seems there must have been a falling out with Jackett, although the exact cause was obviously kept under wraps. Whatever happened, he ended up training with Bournemouth’s youngsters. I watched a Pompey game last season (on TV not live) and I remember thinking how he was puffing and blowing then.

Just because he’s a year younger than Maynard, it means nothing if he doesn’t keep himself in proper condition. It’s not during pre season he was looking podgy (Knibbs) it was during the season. Maybe that’s why Jackett fell out with him and he ended up at Bournemouth. Seems fairly clear there was no place at Pompey for him at that point, even with their kids, although he did end up back warming the bench for them during an injury crisis. It’s a no from me, but in Ryan Lowe I definitely trust.

Apr 4, 2004
oldage":3bz1ly6x said:
Doesn't matter how big ,small, tall or overweight a striker is.
The essential criteria is that he has a natural instinct to score goals. Akinfenwa has it, Hardie has it . Pitman has it. Maynard has it. I wouldn't say no to signing any of them

I agree to a point, but the thing it's not just that. Sometimes it's the unselfish run without the ball that makes space for someone else to do something.

Aug 5, 2016
Devongreenowl":3l5cpx7y said:
If some want us to take a player that Pompey sent to Bournemouth to train with their U23's back in Feb. then that’s fine. They obviously didn’t think he was any use to them in L1. Loved the comparison with Akinfenwa though. They have such similar styles :funny:

I’ll stick with my preferred choice of Maynard thanks. I think Ryan Lowe would prefer somebody who can get about the last third with some pace, but who knows. He might not want to come down this far west.

And Ryan Hardie was playing for Blackpool reserves when Lowe found him.

And Freddie Ladapo was released by Southend United when Derek Adams found him.

And Graham Carey was released by Ross County when Argyle picked him up.

If only every player let one manager's opinion of them affect their confidence...

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Knibbsworth":7ygqfmh5 said:
Devongreenowl":7ygqfmh5 said:
If some want us to take a player that Pompey sent to Bournemouth to train with their U23's back in Feb. then that’s fine. They obviously didn’t think he was any use to them in L1. Loved the comparison with Akinfenwa though. They have such similar styles :funny:

I’ll stick with my preferred choice of Maynard thanks. I think Ryan Lowe would prefer somebody who can get about the last third with some pace, but who knows. He might not want to come down this far west.

And Ryan Hardie was playing for Blackpool reserves when Lowe found him.

And Freddie Ladapo was released by Southend United when Derek Adams found him.

And Graham Carey was released by Ross County when Argyle picked him up.

If only every player let one manager's opinion of them affect their confidence...

Hardie was playing for his own clubs reserves, not some other clubs under 21's. Hardie also was dropping down a division.

Pitman is a seasoned professional who has had trouble with personal fitness, having had a good career. Meanwhile Maynard is still banging in goals and is quite possibility at the playing weight he’s had for the last ten years.

Anyone, go on Knibbs I will give you the last word as I know that’s what you want on the subject. A bit like the Lowe to Bolton thing really.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
mervyn":1755b5h3 said:
Not a rumour, just wondering whether Jay Spearing, who has announced he is leaving Blackpool, may be on RL’s radar. Strong Liverpool background.

Interesting one. The Blackpool fans seem generally gutted by the announcement, which always speaks volumes.

Jul 12, 2016
Another month of rumours and speculation before anything happens! By then we could have the largest potential squad in the EFL!!!!! :)

May 21, 2015
mervyn":2jtpi4t5 said:
Not a rumour, just wondering whether Jay Spearing, who has announced he is leaving Blackpool, may be on RL’s radar. Strong Liverpool background.

Great pedigree, good leader, loves a card. Would be an excellent mentor for young Randell.

tandark":2udxyr58 said:
mervyn":2udxyr58 said:

Great pedigree, good leader, loves a card. Would be an excellent mentor for young Randell.

Just read on the Blackpool fans forum that he’s leaving (with others predicted) because their new owner is offering a 60% pay cut on new contracts. Fans very worried, they’re down to a poor skeleton team.

Jul 12, 2016
I see Blackpool have already signed Anderson from Swindon and Mansfield Stech from Luton.

May 22, 2006
Devongreenowl":3orjvnq3 said:
Ryan Hardie, come on down!

If Blackpool are in financial trouble, they’ll br looking for a decent fee for Hardie. They paid either £200k or £300K for him. Probably out of our reach.

Aug 5, 2016
pastiesforlife":39vy2nv8 said:
Devongreenowl":39vy2nv8 said:
Ryan Hardie, come on down!

If Blackpool are in financial trouble, they’ll br looking for a decent fee for Hardie. They paid either £200k or £300K for him. Probably out of our reach.

Demanding an unrealistic fee for Hardie won't help their troubles when no-one offers £200,000 for him?

He is out of contract in a year.

Some of Blackpool's players under contract will not get an equivalent offer to leave and ease their wage bill. Hardie might be one of the ones that is prepared to leave at no expense to Blackpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.