Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’ll be truly gutted if Sarce goes.. a great player in my book and for me player of the season.

Apr 1, 2009
Biggs":25dw77tn said:
Balham_Green":25dw77tn said:
WoodfordWall":25dw77tn said:
Will be sorry to see Sarce go, love his attitude and his desire. But Argyle need to step up a level. Hopefully Wootton goes with Canavan. Need to clear out players that got the club relegated.

So Sarce also got us relegated....

We also played at Home Park and in green shirts when we got relegated. I think we should get rid of them too :silent:

Gutted about Sarce, I've heard numerous times how much he loves the actual city and how he wants to bring his kids up in Plymouth... so clearly he's had a change of heart. Perhaps more important after this virus to be closer to more elderly relatives?

I never take too much notice of this "I love Plymouth" stuff from players, nor the badge kissing and other demonstrations of "loyalty". There's been plenty of positive stuff from Sarcevic recently, but the rumours have nevertheless persisted that he'd take the right opportunity to return north. If its true his house was on the market a few months ago, then this isn't a snap decision.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Zoo Corner":1zqcrz96 said:
oldage":1zqcrz96 said:
Zoo Corner":1zqcrz96 said:
Time to give Cooper a chance?

Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.

Is this a rumour or fact? Is your source reliable?

Not one for starting transfer rumours, nothing annoys me more. Source is from Ryan himself.

Made my day, thanks!

May 20, 2020
Zoo Corner":ukczt5v3 said:
oldage":ukczt5v3 said:
Zoo Corner":ukczt5v3 said:
Time to give Cooper a chance?

Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.

Is this a rumour or fact? Is your source reliable?

Not one for starting transfer rumours, nothing annoys me more. Source is from Ryan himself.

Wow. Would be an unbelievable signing. Goal-scorers don’t come around often. Feel like Jephers & Hardie COULD form a potent partnership. Which Ryan told you (Hardie or Lowe)?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
xmastree":d60uhe9y said:
Biggs":d60uhe9y said:
Balham_Green":d60uhe9y said:
WoodfordWall":d60uhe9y said:
Will be sorry to see Sarce go, love his attitude and his desire. But Argyle need to step up a level. Hopefully Wootton goes with Canavan. Need to clear out players that got the club relegated.

So Sarce also got us relegated....

We also played at Home Park and in green shirts when we got relegated. I think we should get rid of them too :silent:

Gutted about Sarce, I've heard numerous times how much he loves the actual city and how he wants to bring his kids up in Plymouth... so clearly he's had a change of heart. Perhaps more important after this virus to be closer to more elderly relatives?

I never take too much notice of this "I love Plymouth" stuff from players, nor the badge kissing and other demonstrations of "loyalty". There's been plenty of positive stuff from Sarcevic recently, but the rumours have nevertheless persisted that he'd take the right opportunity to return north. If its true his house was on the market a few months ago, then this isn't a snap decision.

His house was up for sale a couple months ago, got sold STC but deal fell through so its back up for sale.

Maybe at the time he first put it up he was looking for a new place to live in or maybe not.

May 8, 2011
The fact that Sarcevic had bought a house and wasn’t renting or house sharing as most of the players and management are does indicate he did have a long term commitment to the area.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Definitely, I know he loves of down here and wants his kids to be brought up down here so he probably did have or want to have a long term commitment down here but with what’s going on probably he just wants to be close to his family now and if that’s the case I won’t blame him.

I know pafc_casual is pretty much spot on with rumours, but let’s just hope this isn’t true

Jul 18, 2011
WoodfordWall":2v4g8i6z said:

Ah yes, the 7 games that Wootton started that season played a huge part in our getting relegated.

Jun 27, 2019
Abbotts Ann Green":38ml86z6 said:
WoodfordWall":38ml86z6 said:

Ah yes, the 7 games that Wootton started that season played a huge part in our getting relegated.

I don't think you can use the fact he couldn't get into a defence that was shipping goals left, right and centre as a positive.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
That’s a fair point AAG, but I’m more concerned with the fact that he looked out of his depth a lot of the time in L2. He does seem a target for the 'he got us relegated' posters and yet Sarce gets little of that when he played 30-odd games in that relegation season. I can’t remember if he missed any of the diabolical run in though.

I imagine Lowe is going to be looking to bring in mainly younger players who he thinks will not only do well in L1 but have the potential to be Championship players. That counts Sarcevic, Wootton and Canavan out straight away in my opinion. I think there will be quite a lot of comings and goings this summer.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I’d also consider that next season we should be counting Adam Randell as a viable starting option in midfield. He’s been in and around the squad all season and that seems like a pointless exercise if the next step isn’t getting decent minutes.

I think we may see a smaller squad next year with more youth players being involved on the fringes. Concentrate the wages into a strong core and use the youth players to build the depth.

As for Wootton and Canavan. I think they’d both be entirely deserving of a new one year deal, but I would not offer one to Wootton and Canavan I would but without guarantee of a starting berth. I’m not convinced he’s good enough to be the middle CB, critical to this formation, in L1.

Nobby":2n9s9yn3 said:
I’d also consider that next season we should be counting Adam Randell as a viable starting option in midfield. He’s been in and around the squad all season and that seems like a pointless exercise if the next step isn’t getting decent minutes.

I think we may see a smaller squad next year with more youth players being involved on the fringes. Concentrate the wages into a strong core and use the youth players to build the depth.

As for Wootton and Canavan. I think they’d both be entirely deserving of a new one year deal, but I would not offer one to Wootton and Canavan I would but without guarantee of a starting berth. I’m not convinced he’s good enough to be the middle CB, critical to this formation, in L1.

I think you’re right regarding a smaller squad, and I suspect that will be the strategy of most clubs in our league. With the quality of our management team I think we will do well in that environment.

Jul 18, 2011
WoodsyGreen":214womn7 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":214womn7 said:
WoodfordWall":214womn7 said:

I don't think you can use the fact he couldn't get into a defence that was shipping goals left, right and centre as a positive.

No, the main reason why he could not get any game time was because he was out injured for 6 months.

Jun 27, 2019
Abbotts Ann Green":1sh03nhm said:
WoodsyGreen":1sh03nhm said:
Abbotts Ann Green":1sh03nhm said:
WoodfordWall":1sh03nhm said:

No, the main reason why he could not get any game time was because he was out injured for 6 months.

You're re-writing history there. He was injured against Charlton in September and returned to fitness in December. Where are you getting six months from?

Derek Adams rated him so highly that he gave Peter Grant more minutes - that's Peter Grant who currently plays for Queen's Park in the Scottish basement division.

Your point that Wootton can't really be blamed for our relegation is a fair one, but don't ignore the fact that Derek saw enough in the first few games of the season to freeze Wootton out completely for almost five months, even bringing another defender in on loan.

Jul 12, 2016
IF our promotion is confirmed I think with the future uncertain we need to concentrate on staying in league 1 next season.
I think that SH is too astute to invest much on players in the current climate.Our main object should be to consolidate in the short term and not waste money. There will a lot of clubs struggling to survive and perish the thought we should become one of them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.