Rumours | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2015
Sarce has been terrific this season, there's no doubt.
But, if I was told that out of him and Danny Mayor, one would be staying and one would be leaving, then I'd rather DM stayed, as in my opinion he is more difficult to replace.
I am not saying that what Antoni offers would be easy to replace, because it absolutely would not be. Rather, I am saying that Danny, as a player who scares and preoccupies the opposition a very great deal at our level, would be even harder to replace.
I hope they both stay of course!
But if Sarce were to leave, I'd say thanks for everything (well, maybe except that headbutt!), you owe us nothing, and I wish you all the best.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Agree with Doug. Sarcevic has had a great season, but we will need something more at the next level. More pace, vision, stamina. He’s a good L2 player. Good luck to him if he wants to go home.

Apr 1, 2009
Knibbsworth":crmmlpqx said:
jerryatricjanner":crmmlpqx said:
Knibbs, Jervis is a Luton player and Letheren has been released. I can't see any of those four cutting it two leagues higher either.

Tom Elliott, Adam Rooney and James Wilson are unlikely to be afforded by any other club in League Two, and Salford have been in a position to sign all three on gates of 3,000.

According to this thread, Sarcevic is about to leave Argyle with gates of 10,000 and most likely get a good pay rise to go there.

Rooney (who no one else in L2 can afford) is now at Solihull Moors.

Jul 12, 2016
Zoo Corner":qj4wdz5a said:
Time to give Cooper a chance?

Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.

Is this a rumour or fact? Is your source reliable?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Looking for a bright side, if Sarce does leave and if George Cooper were to sign, then Mayor on the left and Cooper on the right would be a fantastic pair of attacking midfielders in Ryan Lowe’s preferred formation. Two ifs though!

Jun 27, 2019
Devongreenowl":1z9irxak said:
Agree with Doug. Sarcevic has had a great season, but we will need something more at the next level. More pace, vision, stamina. He’s a good L2 player. Good luck to him if he wants to go home.

I think most fans would agree with that. He had one or two purple patches in League One but was never consistent enough to make me think he's a must-keep for next season.

That said, there must be an incredibly compelling reason for him to be leaving. He's just had arguably the best season of his career and is heading back into League One with a club on the up. Leaving that behind to stay in League Two won't be easy, so the pull of the North must be incredibly strong for him and/or his missus.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
WoodsyGreen":lmzdtgsv said:
Devongreenowl":lmzdtgsv said:

I think most fans would agree with that. He had one or two purple patches in League One but was never consistent enough to make me think he's a must-keep for next season.

That said, there must be an incredibly compelling reason for him to be leaving. He's just had arguably the best season of his career and is heading back into League One with a club on the up. Leaving that behind to stay in League Two won't be easy, so the pull of the North must be incredibly strong for him and/or his missus.

Ah, the pull of the north!

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":35740oe7 said:
WoodsyGreen":35740oe7 said:
Devongreenowl":35740oe7 said:

Ah, the pull of the north!

Any plans to return? :thumbup:

Aug 5, 2016
xmastree":3ex5rc0r said:
Knibbsworth":3ex5rc0r said:
jerryatricjanner":3ex5rc0r said:
Knibbs, Jervis is a Luton player and Letheren has been released. I can't see any of those four cutting it two leagues higher either.

Tom Elliott, Adam Rooney and James Wilson are unlikely to be afforded by any other club in League Two, and Salford have been in a position to sign all three on gates of 3,000.

According to this thread, Sarcevic is about to leave Argyle with gates of 10,000 and most likely get a good pay rise to go there.

Rooney (who no one else in L2 can afford) is now at Solihull Moors.

Rooney had a bust up with Graham Alexander and that was the end of that for him there. Rooney could not be transferred to any other Football League club at that time, so he had to pick a destination in non-league to get away from there. Still, Solihull Moors managed to fund a transfer fee for him. Rooney left Aberdeen having scored a hatful of goals in the SPL to sign for Salford in the Conference on the reported wage of £4,000 a week. So the point remains that Salford's finances are not at all normal relative to the size of club. I would imagine Salford had to correct any financial inconveniences on the part of Adam Rooney to enable him to be at Solihull Moors.

Jan 2, 2019
Will be sorry to see Sarce go, love his attitude and his desire. But Argyle need to step up a level. Hopefully Wootton goes with Canavan. Need to clear out players that got the club relegated.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
oldage":19jrzc3t said:
Zoo Corner":19jrzc3t said:

Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.

Not one for starting transfer rumours, nothing annoys me more. Source is from Ryan himself.

Sep 6, 2006
WoodfordWall":1vbabb1n said:
Will be sorry to see Sarce go, love his attitude and his desire. But Argyle need to step up a level. Hopefully Wootton goes with Canavan. Need to clear out players that got the club relegated.

So Sarce also got us relegated....

Jul 12, 2016
Zoo Corner":2zkec53p said:
oldage":2zkec53p said:
Zoo Corner":2zkec53p said:

Not one for starting transfer rumours, nothing annoys me more. Source is from Ryan himself.

Many thanks.Excellent news. :thumbs:

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
WoodfordWall":15yiwmva said:

What? We've been relegated again? :shock: What did I miss?

tonsk

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Balham_Green":3r6rym83 said:
WoodfordWall":3r6rym83 said:

So Sarce also got us relegated....

We also played at Home Park and in green shirts when we got relegated. I think we should get rid of them too :silent:

Gutted about Sarce, I've heard numerous times how much he loves the actual city and how he wants to bring his kids up in Plymouth... so clearly he's had a change of heart. Perhaps more important after this virus to be closer to more elderly relatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.