Rumours | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2015
Zoo Corner":35ntdfqc said:
Time to give Cooper a chance?

Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.
And wow that is good news if true

Aug 5, 2016
pafc_casual":2ggtm28r said:
Wants to move back up north. Salford likely :roll:

I was about to say when I read this thread earlier, I would bet money it was Salford he was off to.

A Manchester club, Threlkeld, Jervis and Letheren already there.

Somehow flouting FFP regulations to be affording players who wouldn't look out of place two divisions up.

Salford are becoming a very irritating club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Letheren has left.

But if he goes, I would imagine he goes with our blessing.

Next!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Knibbsworth":10d68r7i said:
pafc_casual":10d68r7i said:

I was about to say when I read this thread earlier, I would bet money it was Salford he was off to.

A Manchester club, Threlkeld, Jervis and Letheren already there.

Somehow flouting FFP regulations to be affording players who wouldn't look out of place two divisions up.

Salford are becoming a very irritating club.

I’m sure Letheren is being released from Salford.

Jul 29, 2012
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52738597

See above as posted elsewhere if this proposal comes in , it will mean major changes to all squads . With GC10 rumored to be off to Salford as well , they would have a v good squad but if the controls come in that EFL apparently want and they are genuinely policed/ controlled , they can't afford everybody - can they?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
pafc_casual":15bq3ihk said:

If the salary cap gets agreed he’ll have more chance of a better wage with Argyle in league 1 than any club in league 2 and that includes Salford.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Knibbs, Jervis is a Luton player and Letheren has been released. I can't see any of those four cutting it two leagues higher either.

Oct 10, 2012
JannerinCardiff":inx5azhy said:
pafc_casual":inx5azhy said:

If the salary cap gets agreed he’ll have more chance of a better wage with Argyle in league 1 than any club in league 2 and that includes Salford.

Do signing on fees count towards the salary cap? Offer him a larger signing on fee with a lower wage to meet the cap?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
pafcdje":2ly3vnkl said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52738597

See above as posted elsewhere if this proposal comes in , it will mean major changes to all squads . With GC10 rumored to be off to Salford as well , they would have a v good squad but if the controls come in that EFL apparently want and they are genuinely policed/ controlled , they can't afford everybody - can they?

No they won’t. Salford will be restricted to £1.5m total squad budget, which if they start spending money here and there on bigger name players they’ll only Be able to pay the rest of the squad £500- £1,000 a week. It will totally screw their business model.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Hard to understand how any club can offer contracts to incoming players at the moment when other players are on furlough. Also, how the hell do you calibrate a wage against income at the moment, unless the contract is loaded with caveats and linked to different potential income in some way. How does any club have a clue what their coffers will be when striking a deal?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":203yvogb said:
Hard to understand how any club can offer contracts to incoming players at the moment when other players are on furlough. Also, how the hell do you calibrate a wage against income at the moment, unless the contract is loaded with caveats and linked to different potential income in some way. How does any club have a clue what their coffers will be when striking a deal?

I’m sure Lowe said when the time comes to let players know who he is offering deals to, that he won’t be able to tell them how much they will be earning because of all what’s going on won’t know budget due to what is going on.

Aug 5, 2016
jerryatricjanner":3qcdec2j said:
Knibbs, Jervis is a Luton player and Letheren has been released. I can't see any of those four cutting it two leagues higher either.

Tom Elliott, Adam Rooney and James Wilson are unlikely to be afforded by any other club in League Two, and Salford have been in a position to sign all three on gates of 3,000.

According to this thread, Sarcevic is about to leave Argyle with gates of 10,000 and most likely get a good pay rise to go there.

Jun 27, 2019
Knibbsworth":1665mj56 said:
jerryatricjanner":1665mj56 said:

Tom Elliott, Adam Rooney and James Wilson are unlikely to be afforded by any other club in League Two, and Salford have been in a position to sign all three on gates of 3,000.

According to this thread, Sarcevic is about to leave Argyle with gates of 10,000 and most likely get a good pay rise to go there.

Their wings will soon be clipped. No way should a club that size be able to compete with us on their minuscule gates.

And by the way, most clubs took a fair number to Salford this season so their true average is probably closer to 2,500.

Status
Not open for further replies.