Rumours | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2019
And people still say our location doesn't hold us back.

Ah well, if it's true it's probably for the best. League Two is probably his level and I'm sure RL already has a replacement in mind.

Dare I say a certain GC10?

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Time to give Cooper a chance?

Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.

Jun 27, 2019
Zoo Corner":31pnigro said:
Time to give Cooper a chance?

Also Hardie deal is going to be made permanent when the window opens. Just finalising the finer details.

Really? Wow, that would be superb news!

I wonder if the current situation has forced Blackpool into a reappraisal of Hardie's importance to them.

If he signs then it'll back-up Simon Hallett's declaration that we'll be in a stronger position than most when we come out the other side of this.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Did hear quite a while back that Huddersfield were sniffing.

Not sure I agree with the earlier comment that converting loanees into signings may be expensive. I think the new financial reality may be that there will very few signings involving a fee in league 1, and many players may put security before big wage demands. All of this would be to our benefit with such a comparitively strong financial and management structure.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Times have changed and players will likely move to clubs that can guarantee to keep paying wages despite having no income from crowds at games, Salford with its financial backing is one of those clubs and in Sarcevic's case it's back to his roots.

It then begs the question how do Argyle keep paying the wages? Will Simon Hallett keep paying the wages until crowds return?

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":301prqjd said:
Times have changed and players will likely move to clubs that can guarantee to keep paying wages despite having no income from crowds at games, Salford with its financial backing is one of those clubs and in Sarcevic's case it's back to his roots.

It then begs the question how do Argyle keep paying the wages? Will Simon Hallett keep paying the wages until crowds return?

But what is the situation re limits to expenditure linked to income? Salford get small crowds....

Oct 10, 2012
Balham_Green":unitrr7h said:
PL2 3DQ":unitrr7h said:

But what is the situation re limits to expenditure linked to income? Salford get small crowds....

Pure guess work but as he will be a free agent I’m sure he’d be offered a fairly decent signing on fee to ensure he signs for whoever.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Usually I rather like the summer Rumours posts, but at the moment I'm okay with good news if confirmed (e.g. it would be great to hear officially that Mayor had re-signed and absolutely amazing to hear that Palmer and Hardie were staying at Home Park) but I'm really not so okay with (more) bad news as there is enough of that around already. So, yes, please keep telling me rumours that are good but can we have less of the Sarcevic is leaving kind please. I'd rather just deal with the bad news when it has actually happened!

[obviously I do realize that I can't actually be choosy like this]

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Balham_Green":1pm2p2n2 said:
PL2 3DQ":1pm2p2n2 said:

In League Two the limit on spending on player wages to a percentage of club turnover is 55%. Turnover includes donations from owners and injection of equity but loans from club owners are not included as turnover.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":e1ur34ex said:

The question isn’t just Argyle.

The question is clubs like Rochdale for example who have a lesser fan base. Or many of those clubs like Southend, Oldham or Macclesfield who are financially were in a mess before this virus took hold of the U.K.

The reason l mention this is because this question is important for Argyle, but for league one and two clubs in general if the league structure as we currently know it, is to remain.

Many questions. Not many answers unfortunately.

BSH

Jul 7, 2013
A friend of mine is very close to Sarce (yeah, I know all rumours start like this) and his family from back home and says that despite being offered a contract he will be off. Absolutely loves it here and loves playing for us but it's about family, which is fair enough however disappointing it is.

That said, he also said he expected him to be off last summer, and said it was a possibility in January too, so hopefully he's wrong this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.