Not open for further replies.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Perhaps a good time to release news about a midfield signing which would render Cooper unnecessary.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mark Pedlar":dafc0k9x said:
Perhaps a good time to release news about a midfield signing which would render Cooper unnecessary.

Do you class Fadz as a midfielder?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Tugboat":1hl5n5va said:
Mark Pedlar":1hl5n5va said:

Do you class Fadz as a midfielder?

No, but I don't rate Cooper as a wing back either.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The Doctor":3emg92ux said:
Mark Pedlar":3emg92ux said:

Anyone particular in mind? Any basis for the comment?

No, just it would suit any negotiations with Peterborough if we were to cool our interest.

Apr 1, 2009
WoodsyGreen":2qzmh2dn said:
Stuart has it bang on. Peterborough are clearly very keen to offload Cooper and want as much for him as they can possibly get. That's now Fry, McAnthony and Ferguson who have come out and said he isn't leaving (or maybe he is), and that he isn't available (or maybe he is) and that he's nailed on to be in their first team next season (or maybe he isn't). They'll be releasing a statement from their tealady next to say how much she loves making tea for Coops and how the tea at Plymouth isn't strong enough for her liking - but she might change her mind if they brew it a bit stronger.

We've obviously offered X amount and they think we can do better. They've wheeled Ferguson out to deliver that message in public.

Peterborough are desperate to get good money for a player they deemed not good enough to play in L1 last season. It's dawning on them that very few (if any) L1/L2 clubs are going to be paying significant (if any) transfer fees. At the end of this month there will be free agents everywhere, many with better CVs than G Cooper, all seeking jobs in a market with smaller squads and salaries. Eventually we may see whether Ferguson really does plan to play him, or whether getting him off the wage bill is the priority. In the meantime I wish they'd shut up.

Jun 27, 2019
They can't help themselves. There's a thread on the Posh forum asking if there's a danger of them becoming the 'nasty club' due to how outspoken their hierarchy is, so even their own fans recognise how arrogant they've become for such a small club.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
WoodsyGreen":27rvje8b said:
They can't help themselves. There's a thread on the Posh forum asking if there's a danger of them becoming the 'nasty club' due to how outspoken their hierarchy is, so even their own fans recognise how arrogant they've become for such a small club.

'becoming'?

May 21, 2015
I was about to come on here to echo the thoughts of others re: Cooper.
I'm sure posh want to move him on and are just trying to secure the best return they can, which is understandable, it's their entire business model.
Argyle are being very careful with finances and can see this one running on until a compromise is made one way or the other.
Like Lowe has said, his team will already have potential alternatives should the situation stay as it is.

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
I don't think I have seen any reference to this on here so far but I read that Messi is unhappy at Barcelona and is considering his next move.
He said that 'football is full of hi's and Lowes and its definitely Lowe'.
That would be something, wouldn't it, to supplement our young midfield although he might prefer a loan period first to have some Janner lessons.

Fawlty

Jun 24, 2008
Yep, definite games going on and Posh have every right to hold out.

So do we. I would call their bluff and move on. An financial outlay for one player is not worth the risks for the club. From our history of larger transfer fee's I'm not 100% its always paid off. The free agent market will be exciting, lots of good options and I trust Lowe & co's judgement.

:iagree: :iagree:
macleanie":20sox3vl said:
Yep, definite games going on and Posh have every right to hold out.

So do we. I would call their bluff and move on. An financial outlay for one player is not worth the risks for the club. From our history of larger transfer fee's I'm not 100% its always paid off. The free agent market will be exciting, lots of good options and I trust Lowe & co's judgement.

:iagree:

Jan 27, 2012
Under normal circumstances, Cooper might have been worth paying a transfer fee for if Argyle could afford to. But at the moment clubs in Argyle’s position would be daft to pay a fee for such a player. Not only will there be good quality free agents around, there will also be good players which clubs simply want off their books to balance their wage bills. Plus until its known when games will be played in front of crowds again its more a matter of financial survival for Argyle. They cant commit large sums of money at the moment and it could put their future in jeopardy if they did. Peterborough are barking up the wrong tree if they expect a League One team to pay a fee for Cooper.

Jun 27, 2019
gaspargomez":14fgj199 said:
Under normal circumstances, Cooper might have been worth paying a transfer fee for if Argyle could afford to. But at the moment clubs in Argyle’s position would be daft to pay a fee for such a player. Not only will there be good quality free agents around, there will also be good players which clubs simply want off their books to balance their wage bills. Plus until its known when games will be played in front of crowds again its more a matter of financial survival for Argyle. They cant commit large sums of money at the moment and it could put their future in jeopardy if they did. Peterborough are barking up the wrong tree if they expect a League One team to pay a fee for Cooper.

But RL has already said he expects to pay a fee for Cooper, as long as it isn't "silly money".

Perhaps you'd better give him a call to let him know it's not a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.