Rub Of The Greens | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rub Of The Greens

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
As an exile I was pleased to get my hands on a copy of ROTG at the weekend

I have to admit it certainly made me think about things in a different vain then the views taken from this forum

It seems that some people who maybe or maybe not frequent these boards are starting to ask questions about the way the club is run all stuff I was UN-aware of

It makes sense why are the Taverner's still running the fan fests ? why are we asking for ambassadors ? why are we asking for volunteers for sending out season tickets etc

Then seeing at the Weekend that Ian was sat as our representative in the directors box along with Darren Purse it does beg the question are we becoming a laughing stock in footballing circles ?
I mean the motto seems to be run by fans for charity now
I know we are all glad we have a club and all that but I would have thought by now that the business plan from James Brent would have started to kick in
Surely the Fan-fest events should be ran by the club as a way of making it sustainable in the future

A good read and certainly an eye opener for an exile

By the way not having a go at Ian here but how many other clubs have fans in the directors box

Im not expecting James to put endless amounts of money in but would like to know how long before the debt is cleared, how long before all 55% can be put back into the club and when the clubs fanbase can finally start to give this club the advantage it should have for the size of the club in this division

Well done ROTG for making some very good points

May 19, 2010
the club become a laughing stock the moment that wretched aviva advert was aired.
the club will stagnate until the debt is repaid, then and only then is there any remote chance of the club challenging where it did a decade ago.

Aug 17, 2011
London
I know it's an unpopular opinion on here but as far as I'm concerned we will not get out of this division with Fletch & Ro at the helm.
In reply to edengreen above, I love Rub of the Greens, Blake & co do a great job and I could not agree more emphatically with you about Ian on the Board.
With regard to the Aviva ad, it put Plymouth Argyle into people's conciousness, as they say no press is bad press!?!!??

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Well that's one constant at least Brian, the name hasn't changed.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
How many other clubs have fans in the boardroom? Well, I'd guess very few, if any.
Isn't it wonderful how special and unique we are?
Good luck to Ian, Webby and anyone else our widely-respected owner (at least in business circles!) trusts enough to represent him as guests in other boardrooms and directors' boxes.
As I say, not many clubs' owners would trust regular fans to take on such a role and the fact that JB does is to be applauded - as well as emphasising the special quality of the GA and PAFC.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
bringonthemilkman":351g2bzx said:
How many other clubs have fans in the boardroom? Well, I'd guess very few, if any.
Isn't it wonderful how special and unique we are?
Good luck to Ian, Webby and anyone else our widely-respected owner (at least in business circles!) trusts enough to represent him as guests in other boardrooms and directors' boxes.
As I say, not many clubs' owners would trust regular fans to take on such a role and the fact that JB does is to be applauded - as well as emphasising the special quality of the GA and PAFC.

:iagree: Absolutely spot on!

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
How lucky we are (& especially JB) to have the Green Taveners & some such amazing fans. One day I hope the club will become a business we are proud of, rather than a charity we all feel sorry for.

A

andyr1963

Greenblooded1":p6t1t3sl said:
How lucky we are (& especially JB) to have the Green Taveners & some such amazing fans. One day I hope the club will become a business we are proud of, rather than a charity we all feel sorry for.

Yep, good call. :scarf:

R

RubOfTheGreens

Evening fellow greens, thanks for the feedback.

To clarify, any enquiries about the fanzine should go to rotgfanzine@aol.com. Subscriptions are currently being taken for the next 10 issues, at 13 pounds inc p+p.

Due to overzealous stewards, the fanzine is not always available at grounds.

Thanks for your interest and have a nice evening.

R

RubOfTheGreens

Please read that last bit in the penultimate paragraph as "away grounds"!!!

Aug 17, 2011
London
Vic":1zrpnxlw said:
neilbet79":1zrpnxlw said:
I know it's an unpopular opinion on here but as far as I'm concerned we will not get out of this division with Fletch & Ro at the helm.
In reply to edengreen above, I love Rub of the Greens, Blake & co do a great job and I could not agree more emphatically with you about Ian on the Board.
With regard to the Aviva ad, it put Plymouth Argyle into people's conciousness, as they say no press is bad press!?!!??

I am sorry to say I have never read one.
Vic, they have a website, which I'm probably not allowed to put on here, but it's easy to find- Just order a couple of back copies, it's well worth the money.

Apr 15, 2008
London
A "laughing stock in footballing circles"

I think the football world barely knows we exist, let alone anything about our fundraising/boardroom/match day arrangements.

Yet more naval gazing... when's thew next match?!