Rotherham away (now pay on the day) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rotherham away (now pay on the day)

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Is it just me who thinks even 800-900 tickets sold is disappointing? I can only assume we have a large proportion of older fans who attend away games who are perhaps reluctant in the current climate. I will be going myself.

Sep 6, 2006
Is it just me who thinks even 800-900 tickets sold is disappointing? I can only assume we have a large proportion of older fans who attend away games who are perhaps reluctant in the current climate. I will be going myself.
You do know where Rotherham is? Several hundred miles away and not a particularly glamorous place to go to.

Mar 23, 2013
Yeah I agree, I'm making the effort because the gaffer and the club are forever telling new players about the massive support.......plus no away game for best part of 2 years I'm not missing this, I wont be going many but deffo this one. I really thought this would sell out.

Sep 19, 2015
We havn’t seen a competitive game of football away from home for nigh on 18 months.

Regardless of distance of this poxy virus I for one cannot wait for Saturday

Reactions: BeetleBurger
Sep 6, 2006
You've made it clear that your not going several posts ago......the excuses your giving are you literally trying to make yourself feel justified for not going....stop putting a downer on the fixture and either go or support those going.....like me 😁
I don't need to justify anything mate. Probably supporting the team through thick and thin a lot longer than you. My point very simply was why we may not sell as many tickets as some suggested. A Summer day out in Rotherham may not be top of the agenda for many. I don't support those going. I support the team when I can.

Sep 13, 2003
You do know where Rotherham is? Several hundred miles away and not a particularly glamorous place to go to.

Since when does glamour play a part in deciding what Argyle games to go to? The fans travelling up from Plymouth on the coaches usually get there a couple of hours before kick off, most dive into the nearest pub and that's it. Others from around the UK rarely get a chance to walk around and take a look at the sights. Or do you mean touristy towns/cities? Well I don't ever remember Argyle taking more than say 700 to York and that's a beautiful place.
Whenever we play at crap places like Portsmouth or Luton we always seem to take a great following.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Looks like we’ll have (at least) double the number we had for the last match (456 on 16/12/17) at the NY stadium, when the Bridge Inn near the station could barely cope, with just 1 or 2 “overwhelmed” bar staff.
Let’s hope they’re “wised up” this time to put on more staff if they’re still serving away fans ; otherwise, with good beer , it was a convenient & pleasant spot for a drink before the short walk to the ground.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I for one couldnt care less that i am travelling to Rotherham- i am not going for a sight seeing tour i am going to watch my team
The away day experience leaving the house, getting on the train & seeing other members of the green army dotted about the train carriage- going to a new stadium, sampling their food & drink before you get to your seat hoping you have got a good view & then kick off- the 90 mins go in a blink of an eye & then you leave to go back to where you came from

Thats why i go & i would not miss it for the world- the emotions of the last 18 months will come out on Saturday at 3pm

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I for one couldnt care less that i am travelling to Rotherham- i am not going for a sight seeing tour i am going to watch my team
The away day experience leaving the house, getting on the train & seeing other members of the green army dotted about the train carriage- going to a new stadium, sampling their food & drink before you get to your seat hoping you have got a good view & then kick off- the 90 mins go in a blink of an eye & then you leave to go back to where you came from

Thats why i go & i would not miss it for the world- the emotions of the last 18 months will come out on Saturday at 3pm
Similar - Saturday is a watershed return to normal for me. Still not sank in that i am going on a proper away day with no restrictions after the last 18 months.

Reactions: IJN
Apr 8, 2014
All this nonsense about Rotherham not being a nice place, too far etc. I personally would be driving to Turkey or anywhere else if our first game of the season was there after not being able to attend in 18 months.

Reactions: Stuart House

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Anyone know how many tickets sold now? I think anything over 1K would be fantastic given the current situation.

It will be more telling to see what the first home crowd turns out to be, in terms of attendances going forward this season.