Rotherham away (now pay on the day) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rotherham away (now pay on the day)

Sep 13, 2003
I just had a trawl through Pasoti can't see any existing threads. Has anyone heard any news about when tickets for Rotherham are likely to go on sale?

Football ground guide states the away end can hold up to 2,500.. I would like to think Argyle starved fans would get close to selling out if they give us that many tickets.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I just had a trawl through Pasoti can't see any existing threads. Has anyone heard any news about when tickets for Rotherham are likely to go on sale?

Football ground guide states the away end can hold up to 2,500.. I would like to think Argyle starved fans would get close to selling out if they give us that many tickets.

Been no news yet on the tickets for that game

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Maybe EFL clubs have yet to be given guidance regarding away fans

A few 100 away fans for a pre season friendly is different to thousands of away fans travelling on trains, coaches etc - you then have to take into account fans congregating in pubs & eateries before games

The free for all during the Euros has now produced an increase in the COVID rates

If away fans are allowed it will probably be a limited number set by the powers that be

Reactions: Greenone 1956
Jul 14, 2008

A few 100 away fans for a pre season friendly is different to thousands of away fans travelling on trains, coaches etc - you then have to take into account fans congregating in pubs & eateries before games

The free for all during the Euros has now produced an increase in the COVID rates

If away fans are allowed it will probably be a limited number set by the powers that be
I’m not sure that can be the case given that Government are now not imposing any legal restrictions. Even nightclubs are open. I’m also not sure I would want the EFL to act as some kind of guardian of the nations health - they can barely run the football league.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

There were no restrictions on the Swansea fans, in theory they could have filled the Barn Park End.

Pre-Covid away tickets would go on sale 12 days before the match, so Monday 26 July with an announcement of details today or tomorrow.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Rotherham have just issued a safe return guide and much like Argyle they advise fans to wear face masks while moving around the stadium, although it's not a condition of entry.
QR code stations will be located at turnstiles if fans want scan in for Track and Trace.
Oh and the obligatory roadworks will cause problems.
So it looks like all systems go!

Rotherham key info.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've been three times to the new one it's very pretty, and I love the quirky floodlights. I was once shown around on my own by the Chairman, a right character he was. Apparently every fire hydrant in NY is made out of the steel supplied his company.

You're right though, nothing compares to Millmoor, which I've also done three times, I can still remember that night when we beat them 3-0 with Trigger scoring twice.

Sep 6, 2006
Have I missed something? Has it been been confirmed this and rest of the games will be shown live as per last season? If so could significantly impact attendance. Sit at home in comfort with a beer and avoid the virus or pay a lot more for a poorer view!

Reactions: argylecowboy

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Have I missed something? Has it been been confirmed this and rest of the games will be shown live as per last season? If so could significantly impact attendance. Sit at home in comfort with a beer and avoid the virus or pay a lot more for a poorer view!
Nowhere on this thread has anyone mentioned that. The EFL rules won't allow it unless you are abroad and the lifting of restrictions means that away fans are allowed.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I've been three times to the new one it's very pretty, and I love the quirky floodlights. I was once shown around on my own by the Chairman, a right character he was. Apparently every fire hydrant in NY is made out of the steel supplied his company.

You're right though, nothing compares to Millmoor, which I've also done three times, I can still remember that night when we beat them 3-0 with Trigger scoring twice.
Millmoor is still there if I remember rightly. It's used for junior football and some form of egg-chasing. They never did finish that main stand.

Reactions: IJN