Rochdale v Plymouth Argyle FA Cup 2nd round - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale v Plymouth Argyle FA Cup 2nd round - the build up

Apr 30, 2011
Any ITV commentator will be a marked improvement on that clown Steve MacManaman. I just remember him slating Argyle for being too defensive when playing against Liverpool at Anfield whilst we were L2 and they were top 4 Premier League...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Any ITV commentator will be a marked improvement on that clown Steve MacManaman. I just remember him slating Argyle for being too defensive when playing against Liverpool at Anfield whilst we were L2 and they were top 4 Premier League...

That was the most ridiculous bit of commentary I’ve ever heard. I was at Anfield and watched the game back the next day and I was astounded. He basically said “Plymouth should have rolled over and let the mighty Liverpool tickle their bellies”.

Reactions: Penmaster

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
The replay was where we got our own back. When I got home after the match I sat and watched it all over again.

Just as there was a little bit of dead air in the commentary, clear as a bell you could hear the crowd singing

“Steve McManaman, he’s a winker, he’s a winker!”

(obviously not a winker 😉)

Last edited:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The replay was where we got our own back. When I got home after the match I sat and watched it all over again.

Just as there was a little bit of dead air in the commentary, clear as a bell you could hear the crow singing

“Steve McManaman, he’s a winker, he’s a winker!”

(obviously not a winker 😉)
Not a winker and not a crow singing? Precursor of doom a crow singing!

• Haha
Reactions: metroace

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Lincoln & Pompey dumped out of the Cup yesterday by Hartlepool & Harrogate respectively

Our boys will not be taking this game lightly (remember 0-4 ) at HP last season - RL will make sure they will be at it from minute 1

Which ever teams scores first will probably dictate how the game will pan out

Aug 10, 2006
Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
typical BBC anything outside premier league they are pretty clueless and final score are so far behind with results it's 2021 ffs.
On the news this morning the Beeb were reporting that Harrogate had "beaten League 2 Portsmouth". At least they got the name right, I suppose ...