Rochdale v Plymouth Argyle FA Cup 2nd round - the build up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale v Plymouth Argyle FA Cup 2nd round - the build up

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Rochdale
Official website
Fans forum
Ground guide
Away games
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Rochdale - FA Cup 2nd round

The game is live on ITV1 on Sunday 5 December, kick-off 12.15pm.
Each club will receive a £60,000 broadcast fee with the winner picking up £34,000 prize money. Also live on TV around the world, find your country ... here.
Argyle will play in the white away kit.

The draw for the Third Round will take place on Monday 6 December at 7pm before the live TV coverage of Boreham Wood v St Albans City on ITV4.
Argyle/Rochdale are ball number 62.

Saturday

Pre-match quiz ... club website.

Match preview ... club website.

Rochdale manager Robbie Stockdale looks ahead to the game .... Rochdale club website. (free video).

Defender Macauley Gillesphey also previews the game .... Argyle TV and club website.

Friday

Ryan Lowe's pre-match press conference ... Argyle TV.

Long-term absentees due to injury James Bolton and Niall Ennis will be included in the matchday squad.

Ticket update ... club website.

Matchday fan information .... Rochdale club website.

Screenshot_20211203-000520_Twitter.jpg

Sky Bet have Rochdale at 12/5 to win, Argyle are 1/1 and the draw is on offer at 5/2.

The Greens have played away at Spotland 17 times, winning six games, losing five and drawing six.

Cisco Homes are sponsoring the shirt sleeves of the Argyle players .... club website.

Thursday

Referee
Andrew Kitchen is the man in the middle, so far this season he has issued 35 yellow cards and one red in 13 games. It is his first season as a referee in the EFL after being promoted from the National League, this will be his first game in charge of an FA Cup tie and his first as a ref for the Greens.
He will be assisted on Sunday by Anthony Moore and Peter Gooch while the fourth official is James Bell.

They Played For Both
Lewis Alessandra, Robbie Williams, Niall Canavan, Will Atkinson, Ryan Edwards, Jason Peake, Martin Hodge, Keith Hill, George Donnelly, Deane Smalley, Reuben Reid, Jordan Slew, Neil Trotman. Any more?

Rochdale stats analysis
Strengths

Creating chances using through balls.
Creating scoring chances.
Creating long shot opportunities.
Counter attacks.
Attacking set pieces.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Aerial duels.
Avoiding individual errors.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Style of play
Attack through the middle.
Attacking down the left.
Short passes.
Possession football.
Non-aggressive.
Play the offside trap.
Rotate their first eleven.

Rochdale's recent form
27/11/21: Rochdale 1 - 1 Exeter.
23/11/21: Rochdale 2 - 2 Stevenage.
20/11/21: Walsall 0 - 0 Rochdale.
16/11/21: Notts C 1 - 2 Rochdale. FA Cup.
13/11/21: Rochdale 2 - 2 Leyton O.
07/11/21: Rochdale 1 - 1 Notts C. FA Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Well done to all those travelling up on the club coaches with a 3am departure. 👏

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I love the fact that we have die hards, but the temptation to stay at home and watch it on TV for that one is immense isn't it?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I played golf with Reg in a club match against Whitsand Bay back in the 90s. A couple of years before he had attended a 25th anniversary I think it was of Rochdale winning promotion from the old 4th division. He spoke very fondly of his time there and said they treated him like a King when he returned for the anniversary weekend. He was a really lovely man.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I played golf with Reg in a club match against Whitsand Bay back in the 90s. A couple of years before he had attended a 25th anniversary I think it was of Rochdale winning promotion from the old 4th division. He spoke very fondly of his time there and said they treated him like a King when he returned for the anniversary weekend. He was a really lovely man.
I am sure they treated him regally after 305 games for them and scoring in approx one in three!

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I just hope whoever the Pundits & Commentators are - they are well educated in all things Argyle & that we are called Argyle & not just Plymouth

If they can do that it will be a pleasurable listening experience whilst watching the game on telly

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I just hope whoever the Pundits & Commentators are - they are well educated in all things Argyle & that we are called Argyle & not just Plymouth

If they can do that it will be a pleasurable listening experience whilst watching the game on telly
According to the TV schedules the pundit at Spotland will be the font of lower league knowledge that is Ian Wright...

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
According to the TV schedules the pundit at Spotland will be the font of lower league knowledge that is Ian Wright...
Well lets hope he has been given plenty of homework in respect of all things Argyle :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: