Rochdale v Argyle Match Thread | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rochdale v Argyle Match Thread

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Totally agree with this. Cooper was out of his depth defensively, and failed to bring Mayor into the game, meaning that our left side failed to function either offensively or defensively in the first half. Law was much more positive in getting forward, with the result that we started to look more dangerous on that side.
I wonder what the long term future holds for Cooper at Argyle to be honest. In our L2 promotion, his assist count was amazing, and any defensive limitations at that level were not necessarily too much of a problem. In L1 however, this is a totally different kettle of fish. Add in his serious injury, I cannot see where he fits in the current side long term.
Of course, it goes without saying that I hope I am proved wrong and he regains the required fitness at this level as well as his confidence.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sometimes those long balls will fall for us. Hardie making those runs will give cooper a good target to aim for. In the right type of game that is.

Reactions: leeroy221

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I wonder what the long term future holds for Cooper at Argyle to be honest. In our L2 promotion, his assist count was amazing, and any defensive limitations at that level were not necessarily too much of a problem. In L1 however, this is a totally different kettle of fish. Add in his serious injury, I cannot see where he fits in the current side long term.
Of course, it goes without saying that I hope I am proved wrong and he regains the required fitness at this level as well as his confidence.
Agreed. I feel that the bottom line is that George Cooper simply isn't cut out to play as a wing-back and I am sure he was not originally signed with that position in mind. He's not quick enough and not really any good at defending. He could play as an attacking midfielder, more in the Mayor mould than the Broom/Camara mould, and he's obviously got an eye for a pass and a decent shot on him. In a 4-4-2 he could play as the wide left-sided midfielder with a full-back behind him.

Reactions: leeroy221
Sep 6, 2006
We all have our own individual styles of posting & how we articulate our thoughts
I certainly respect other posters views , life would be very boring if we all had the same opinion
One thing about BG that i found worrying was that if he disagreed with what you had written he would make a sarky comment, try to belittle your intelligence or try & make you feel incredible small because he deemed what you had posted as not valid in his eyes
I find that incredibly sad but i guess its is choice to leave this forum
Great example of why I am off this site - after replying to the critics. Thanks for the character assassination. A lot worse than anything I have ever said about you as well as being completely untrue. Bit ironic? Some cant accept being challenged without taking it personally.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
The best thing Law did was take the yellow card for Wilson who really should have been sent off
Are we going to see the FA taking retrospective action on Wilson again after reviewing the TV footage?
I hope not.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Cut some slack here, won't you? Cooper has been out for almost a year now and this was his first competitive start.
Perfection does not happen overnight.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Don't care where he comes from - he didn't have as bad a game as some are saying.
I DO care (love our home grown) and I think he did really well. Put more energy into the game. I don't think he'll ever be regarded as a headerer of the ball though.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Great example of why I am off this site - after replying to the critics. Thanks for the character assassination. A lot worse than anything I have ever said about you as well as being completely untrue. Bit ironic? Some cant accept being challenged without taking it personally.
Just put MM on the Ignore list, it works for me.

Jun 27, 2021
At the moment I feel he will add another option from the bench, we don’t have another player of his style, in time he may force his way in at left wing back or in the middle depending on fitness and form of those in front of him. However that’ll be tough as grant and the lads in the middle are having a good season.