RIP Paul Mariner | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RIP Paul Mariner

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Was held on Friday.

PAFC representation was Tony Wrathall, Billy Rafferty and Paul Hart.

Sad day.

E15CD769-C999-4B7A-B794-2F92D4B031FD.jpeg

Last edited:
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Every now and again, you hear of someone famous passing away and it stops you in your tracks for a few seconds. Lennon, Bowie and others in the music world. Same thing when Paul Mariner died. Obviously not as famous as them and there have been many more famous footballers who have passed away, but when I heard the great Paul Mariner had died, I actually stopped what I was doing. One of those 'Oh no' moments in life.

He was the standout player in the Argyle side when I first started going (v Hull in an FA cup replay). Sadly, he only stayed for another 9 months, but what a player. Nobody like him in an Argyle shirt since. RIP Paul.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
He is why I support Argyle, got me hooked watching him.

Reactions: IJN

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Every now and again, you hear of someone famous passing away and it stops you in your tracks for a few seconds. Lennon, Bowie and others in the music world. Same thing when Paul Mariner died. Obviously not as famous as them and there have been many more famous footballers who have passed away, but when I heard the great Paul Mariner had died, I actually stopped what I was doing. One of those 'Oh no' moments in life.

He was the standout player in the Argyle side when I first started going (v Hull in an FA cup replay). Sadly, he only stayed for another 9 months, but what a player. Nobody like him in an Argyle shirt since. RIP Paul.
I echo your comments, but look at the memories we have from that short period with us.RIP.

Aug 5, 2015
I remember that game too. Rumour had it that some members of the Fulham team had over indulged in the Christmas festivities particularly those of a liquid nature!

Aug 24, 2018
Such a great player. Had the pleasure of meeting him once when he was our manager. Had a long discussion regarding scouting. Wonderful man. Can’t believe he’s gone.