RIP Paul Mariner | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RIP Paul Mariner

Feb 4, 2020
When Paul first signed from Chorley, myself and young friends would watch first team training on the field that is now the Life Centre. Everyone was gobsmacked by his talent...he was a very humble man. .always went out of his way to chat to us young kids.

Terribly sad news for all of us who love Football. A true Argyle Legend.
RIP, Paul.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Awful, awful news. A true Argyle legend. What a great player he was.

RIP Paul and thanks for so many great memories!

Sep 6, 2006
Taken too soon. At least I believe his illness was mercifully brief. Great memories from the 70's which still seem like yesterday. A tribute at first home game is necessary.

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Heard this sad news on radio 4 news at 10 o'clock and was so shocked and shaken, I could hardly take it in. I freely admit that tears were streaming down my face. The all-time great and thoroughly decent human being, Paul Mariner! RIP Paul.

Aug 5, 2015
On a completely different tack, Paul showed just how difficult it is to spot players. He came from Bolton. We signed him from a non league club in the North West, Chorley Town. How the hell did the great and even lesser clubs in the area miss out on this outstanding talent. Their loss was most definitely our gain, in spades! Mariner and Rafferty, no one else comes close. Thanks for the memories.

Apr 3, 2006
Botley, Soton.
Remember seeing Paul playing against St Austell, he was on trial at the time. You could tell right away that he was special. Probably the best player to pull on an Argyle shirt. Such a shame he has gone at only 68.

RIP Paul.

Mick Wing

♣️ PASALB Member
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 17, 2003
ealinggreen":1khog2oi said:
Very sad at this awful news, best player to play for Argyle and a really good bloke..RIP .

As been said , very sad to hear the passing of the argyle Legend Paul Mariner thoughts are with his family and friends of the true ARGYLE legend RIP :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

D

Deleted member 9145

Mariner and Rafferty best striking partnership ever, 1974/75 was magical. RIP Paul

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
How Paul (and Bill) lit up my late teens supporting Argyle.
God Speed Mighty Pilgrim!