RIP Paul Mariner | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RIP Paul Mariner

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Possibly the greatest player to ever play for us.. RIP Paul, my thoughts go out to your family and friends. :sad:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Those of us old enough to watch Argyle back in the day had the privilege of watching our greatest ever player (in my lifetime).

Another childhood hero passes away. RIP Paul Mariner

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
So sad and another gone too early. The best player I have seen wear the green shirt.

Sep 17, 2003
Sherborne
RIP Paul. The best Argyle player I have ever seen !! Didn't realise we were both 68 years old. Its now up to the England team to do it for Paul.

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
Devastating news one of my favourite Argyle players of all time if not the best

Condolences to his family and Friends

RIP Argyle Legend

Aug 5, 2015
The best player I have seen at Home Park in the last 50 years. I was truly privileged to have seen him play and thankful I saw him at the Tony Waiters reunion in 2019.RIP Pilgrim.

Dec 29, 2016
Such sad news, as said many times, probably the best player to pull the shirt on, met Paul at the 74/75 reunion at the Duke of Cornwall few years back, treasure that day, such a Gent, RIP Paul
Love to family and friends

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
The one player by a country mile who formed and influenced a lifelong love of football for me.

Those memories - as a 14 year old - of Paul Mariner in the 1974/5 season in front of a packed Home Park have remained fresh all these years.

Thanks for it all, Paul. It's a sad day.

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Undoubtedly despite the passage of time, the best player and LEGEND to play for us.
My first hero,
What a partnership with Billy Rafferty!
Was a great player for England too.

Fair play he took on the management as the club ownership and direction was heading in too the dark time.
I wrote to him once about tactics being constructively critical and he wrote back, acknowledging he had tried something, that hadn’t got right and accepted my point. As we all know in the modern world, they generally always stick to the same bland party script.

And alongside that, I recall how vocal and passionate he was on the touchline, so his heart was truly there.

Finally , so great that he was part of the reunion weekend for that team a few years ago, and paricularly alongside one of our (the?) greatest managers Tony Waiters.

Hope the club do something special and lasting to honour him - the greatest ARGYLE NUMBER 9.

Nov 11, 2020
So so sad. Have shed a tear at reading this news. My childhood hero always happy to provide vast amounts of signatures back in my autograph collecting days. RIP Legend.