• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

RIP Pat Dunne

Jul 1, 2006
I echo most posts - Pat Dunne was between the sticks when I first started supporting Argyle.
Argyle's player of the year 67/68.
Sad news - RIP.

jerryatricjanner

Lowey Sponsor
Apr 22, 2006
RochdaleGreen":1qccs3wb said:
jerryatricjanner":1qccs3wb said:
My second goalie after Dave McClaren. Like Oddball I was only watching the Fulham MOTD link early this morning. Oh for a return to that colour of green. As an impressionable 11 year old signing a player who had recently played almost 50 games for the mighty Man Utd was exciting stuff.RIP
What sad news. Like you jerry Dave McClaren was my first keeper, then John Leiper I think, then Pat. I can't find the Fulham MOTD link, can you help? RIP Pat Great memories!
The link is on the second post on this thread. Enjoy.

Sep 23, 2005
Somewhere in Italy
There must be a lot of us about the same age (old).

McLaren, Lieper and Pat Dunne - my first three goalies too. I thought Pat was great (I thought all 3 of them were to be honest) and he was one of my earliest heroes.

The first time I ever saw a goalie come out of his area to 'sweep up' I remember. Great shot stopper too.

RIP Pat

May 26, 2010
Swindon
First keeper for me too in 1968. As a ten year old I used to stand at the front of the Peverell End as it was called then. A guy was barracking him from behind me and Pat held up taking a goal kick to come up to where I was and pulling at the front of his shirt yelled "You want to F*$£ing wear it?" or similar.
He was my hero before that but more so after shutting that tw*t up.

G

Greenskin

RIP Pat, one of the few bright lights in struggling Argyle teams in my early years of support-another old hero passes on.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
RIP Pat

Do I recall a game televised vs Luton (?) where he kept them out by using every part of his anatomy to save everything they threw at him?

Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Really sad to see this.

Remember his first game at Home Park, although blowed if I can remember the opposition. He received a back pass and was approached by an opposing centre forward, unperturbed, Pat ran from one side of his area to th other and back again, bouncing the ball every 4 paces. And then repeated until the CF gave up.

To the point the CF gave up for the whole match and never troubled him again.

RIP Pat.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Lousy_Pint":ysdnjpyw said:
There must be a lot of us about the same age (old).

McLaren, Lieper and Pat Dunne - my first three goalies too. I thought Pat was great (I thought all 3 of them were to be honest) and he was one of my earliest heroes.

The first time I ever saw a goalie come out of his area to 'sweep up' I remember. Great shot stopper too.

RIP Pat

And Shearer.