• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

RIP Pat Dunne

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Strange.... I was just watching Fulham v Argyle on GOS when Pat Dunne was in goal for Argyle...

cheshiregreen

NHS Cake Donor
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Was one of the first keepers I saw as a lad in short trousers...joined from Man U and replaced John Leiper in the first team.

RIP Pat.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
How sad is that? A boyhood hero of mine.

RIP Pilgrim.

000b28cc-642.jpg

jerryatricjanner

Lowey Sponsor
Apr 22, 2006
My second goalie after Dave McClaren. Like Oddball I was only watching the Fulham MOTD link early this morning. Oh for a return to that colour of green. As an impressionable 11 year old signing a player who had recently played almost 50 games for the mighty Man Utd was exciting stuff.RIP

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Seem to recall Pat replaced Peter Shearing in Derek Ufton's team. My first Argyle game was vs Hull in 1966 which I am sure we won (Bickle scoring and Richie Reynolds I think!) - Pat arrived later in that season I think. A classy 'keeper and a real character, popular with the fans - played for a few seasons for us in Div 2 and 3. Lovely memories - thanks Pat.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
RIP to PD. I remember him well as a fine keeper in a relegated team of 67/68, when I saw him playing away in London against the likes of Palace, Millwall and QPR, whilst I was then working in London. I could never quite get to grips with the thought of this big guy of Division One pedigree playing for Argyle and apparently being quite content to continue playing for Argyle, in the old Division 3 for a couple of seasons, when he had the ability to play at a much higher level. Thanks for the memories.

May 16, 2005
Elburton
He was our goalie when I started going to Argyle.

I was only six so I didn't really know a lot about the game. It is only in later years that I have come to appreciate what a good keeper he was.

RIP Pilgrim