• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

RIP Michael Down - Funeral 1030 Friday 1030 Weston Mill.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
It is with great sadness I advise you all that Mike aged 48 died suddenly earlier this week leaving a wife Michelle and daughters Sarah and Jade. It was totally unexpected and of course totally devastating.
Mike also leaves twin brother Adrian. Both brothers have been Argyle Fans and regulars since they were old enough to walk. They were both ballboys at the club for a number of years in the 70s and I believe up until they were 16.
There is a group of us that have been resident in the Far post Club for a number of years and we will be there on Saturday after the match with Adie (we hope) as usual. If anyone that knew Mike wishes to raise a glass with us feel free.

RIP Mike A Real Argyle Fan and God Bless to the whole family our thoughts are with you.

Left to Right Adie Down Luggy and Mike Down

AdieLuggyMike.jpg

This Is The Family Obituary Listed In Today's Herald Get Donating

DOWN Michael John Suddenly at home on Tuesday 18th October 2011, Mike. Funeral service will be held at Weston Mill Crematorium on Friday 28th October 2011 at 10.30am. All are welcome after the service at St Budeaux Working Mens Club for light refreshments The family would also like PAFC themed attire to be worn in celebration of Mike's life. Family flowers only please but donations payable to "Green Taveners" and all enquiries can be sent to Westlake Funeral Service 72 Victoria Road St Budeaux Plymouth PL5 1RF Tel: 01752 362222

Mike Greening

Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Aug 2, 2008
So sorry to hear the bad news and so young. I believe I know his brother Ade. I therefore feel for him.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
Lol talking of songs Mike was never the greatest singer...now don't get me wrong he loved a song but was bloody tone deaf......always remember the Mike Down chant on our bus to somewhere

It was meant to be 'Come on You Greeeens' but after quite a few Stellas Mike sang 'Come on You Argo' sounds daft but we all piddled our pants and it stuck for a long time.

Eton Rifles maybe a good choice bring back good memories to our small crew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG0L86DRuC8

Sep 15, 2008
Plymouth
Argyle for many of us will never be the same again without Mike, from Watford away when we lost 2-0 in FA Cup (Bobby Moncur was manager) we were queueing outside the pub at 10.30am only to get chased around a car park looking for our minibus after match, to Walsall away in shit weather when we were shit and Kevin Hodges scored a cracker to win 3-0 (we won £13 in fruit machine so happy days!) to the time we went to Colchester away and we were walking towards train for journey home and passed Mike and his twin Ade on the train waving to us, only thing was they'd got on the wrong train and were heading to Brighton! And pompey away.... so many stories......there's so many more from all his friends we could go on all night, so many great memories.

This is the cruelest of moments, a true gentleman with green blood passed on way before his time, tomorrow's game is dedicated to Mike Down, our grief at this moment is incomprehensible. Every memeber of the green Army should cast their eyes just for a moment in sombre reflection at the grandstand and pass your respects to Mike. Bow your heads to one of Plymouth's finest, an Arglye Janner of true heart and passion who has been stolen from all of us - Mike Down - The Green Army is a great man down.... MIKE DOWN the finest! Raise your glasses to Mike tomorrow