RIP Marvin Morgan | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RIP Marvin Morgan

Feb 28, 2016
Absolutely tragic, no age like others have said always had time for everyone. Wasn’t he an ambassador for some condition he suffered from? Don’t know if that is linked to his untimely passing.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
There was one particular Marvin Morgan game which I can only now half remember in which he was totally on fire for the first 20 minutes or so. The central defender marking him was run ragged to the extent that he was sent off (two bookings I think) and I have a feeling that MM scored a couple of goals too (but that might be my memory playing tricks on me). It was a fabulous display of 'pace and power' attacking play. Does anyone else recall this match (it was at Home Park)?

RIP MM.

(I just asked my daughter whether she remembered this game and her response was: 'Absolutely. First thing I thought of. Against Shrewsbury'. But looking up the stats on Greens on Screen I can't find a game that matches my recollections at all which is a bit weird - I'll blame advancing age for false memories).

((Got it - Argyle v Southend, 30th August 2014, 2-0 to Argyle, no goals for Morgan but it was Cian Bolger who got two yellows within 15 minutes, both for fouls against Morgan, see here: https://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb-match.asp?date=2014-8-30))

100% Doc.

I seem to remember Bolger was given one warning, even before the second yellow - for also, a pull on Marv. Absolutely untouchable that day.

RIP Marv.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Absolutely tragic, no age like others have said always had time for everyone. Wasn’t he an ambassador for some condition he suffered from? Don’t know if that is linked to his untimely passing.
Interesting article here. Cavernoma apparently.

RIP Marv, can’t imagine what his family must be going through right now. Our thoughts are with all of you.

Reactions: MarkMatthews
Oct 31, 2015
Wow puts the other bad news into perspective. RIP Pilgrim.

Thoughts with his family ❤️

Oct 31, 2015
Wow puts the other bad news into perspective. Far too young.

RIP Pilgrim.

Thoughts with his family ❤️

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Such sad news RIP Marvin. Thanks for the memories and the laughs we had when you were our guest speaker at Senior Greens.