RIP Garth (The Bugler) Wright | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RIP Garth (The Bugler) Wright

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
r4h4al":2gb9cwx2 said:
Willis88":2gb9cwx2 said:
Could always spot Garths bugle and fondly remember him responding to Sparksy's prompts.
Yeah same.

Yes this for me too. I don't sit in the Grandstand so only ever actually heard Garth when listening on Argyle World.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Nobby":39urkbuz said:
Surely this is worth a minute of applause/silence on Tuesday? His mostly irritating bugle was iconic!
You are absolutely right - this was one very special supporter. I hope I am proved wrong, but showing public respect for even the most exceptional supporters (and players) who have passed is an area where I think the club still have work to do.

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
Nobby":l5fdpp6f said:
Surely this is worth a minute of applause/silence on Tuesday? His mostly irritating bugle was iconic!
Totally agree. A real part of Argyle history. Used to love hearing his bugle and the way Sparksy used to often mention Garth. So pleased his passing has been brought to our attention.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
46806524931_7d507e426e_c.jpg

I took this photo of Garth when we played Exeter in February 2017.
I've also added my favourite to tonight's set on GoS: http://greensonscreen.co.uk/photodispla ... 19-01-19M1
Until recently he spent hours at the Tesco in Transit way collecting for the Poppy Appeal.
RIP Garth.

Dec 3, 2005
RIP Mr Wright - thank you, you may stand down now.

Great picture of him and the Argyle Angels on the GoS Coventry Match Pictures.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Such a sad loss to his family, Argyle and the supporters. loss of not only a fondly loved supporter but of a really good and kindly man. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Wagga_Wagga":2rnasojn said:
I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere on here but sadly Garth died last night at the age of 99. An absolute legend of a man, I was priveleged to have known him and his lovely family. An Argyle superfan and a Dunkirk legend. RIP.
RIP Garth. I sat near him at HomePark in the Grand stand for many years.He always played the bugle better in the second half after he ate his pasty. God bless to a great pilgrim.