🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
I remember him with respect & for his considered, deliberative speaking style.
He brought in Davie Burnside, Oh Yes! Good to watch during the game & for his pre-match entertainment: keepy-uppies & the like.
And of course Boxing Day 1969, featuring 8 local lads! in that 6-0 win over Torquay!

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I remember him with respect & for his considered, deliberative speaking style.
He brought in Davie Burnside, Oh Yes! Good to watch during the game & for his pre-match entertainment: keepy-uppies & the like.
And of course Boxing Day 1969, featuring 8 local lads! in that 6-0 win over Torquay!
I remember it well. Somewhere in my basement I still have a newspaper clipping of that game, glued to a piece of cardboard to preserve it for posterity.

I brushed past him once in Dingles during his time as manager - made my day.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
RIP. That 6 v 0 was the best Boxing Day I ever had.

I don't know why I ever thought this but somehow, back in that time, I always thought he was too good a manager for us !

Reactions: Dan The Green

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
RIP. One of that outstanding group of players that NI produced in the late 50s - Blanchflower, Gregg, McParland, he then became their most successful manager. I thought at the time that it was a great appointment but Argyle at that time were on a real downward trajectory. I remember seeing him play here for Luton, early in 60-61 season. A month later he made a surprise move to Everton, helping them to 5th, and then 4th in 61-62. The following season he played in half their games when they took the title.Over his career, at Sunderland, Luton, Everton and Port Vale he managed to score almost 1 every 4 outings, creditable for a winger. And later he famously returned in January 75 as manager when he managed Everton to a 3-1 win in FAC 3. But I suppose he will always remembered for his second spell as NI manager and their amazing WC exploits.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
RIP Billy.
Fond memories of his Argyle team, even if we weren't successful.
I particularly liked the 'Torquay will beat us over my dead body' saga!
A true legend for Northern Ireland and rightly so.

Feb 5, 2011
I remember a sponsored walk out around Crownhill, Forder Valley and back to Home Park and getting a badge(I think) saying, ‘I’m backing Billy Bingham’ I raised 10 shillings.