Retained list (confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (confirmed)

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
It's Monday. Why can't they be sifted by Wednesday, Thursday and invited to interview on Friday? How many are we expecting if you can't read 100 CV's in 1 day?

Edited to add - especially when most of them are known names in football circles anyway.
This really shouldn't take any longer than 2 weeks including the contract discussions.
What if at least one of our preferred (shortlisted) candidates is currently managing an efl team still involved in the playoffs?

Feb 8, 2005
It's Monday. Why can't they be sifted by Wednesday, Thursday and invited to interview on Friday? How many are we expecting if you can't read 100 CV's in 1 day?

Edited to add - especially when most of them are known names in football circles anyway.
This really shouldn't take any longer than 2 weeks including the contract discussions.
You'll have to wait for them all to come in first!

We've only just avoided relegation, you know! and there will be more sat at their typewriters (for younger viewers the equivalent of the email) this very minute before more applications arrive every day this week, and probably next week too.

Anyway there will be sorting out and background checks to be made on applicants before they are invited in for an interview (probably not at Home Park, for obvious reasons). Remember no Kn--heads!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Plymouth live says they expect it to be out in a day or so but they’ve got till the 3rd Saturday of this month to release it

Sep 6, 2006
You'll have to wait for them all to come in first!

We've only just avoided relegation, you know! and there will be more sat at their typewriters (for younger viewers the equivalent of the email) this very minute before more applications arrive every day this week, and probably next week too.

Anyway there will be sorting out and background checks to be made on applicants before they are invited in for an interview (probably not at Home Park, for obvious reasons). Remember no Kn--heads!
If they are using typewriters I think they may not be in touch with the modern world/game ?! We need an appointment in next 2 weeks. There is a hell of a lot of work to do.

Mar 23, 2008
Only real surprise is Jack Endacott, who is still very young and did play a couple of times in league 1, was it last season or the season before?
That said they see these guys day in, day out to asses their level.
Hoping Galloway and Miller re-sign, good with a summer of upheaval coming that we have a strong core remaining to build around.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
I wish Callum Burton all the very best - he was crucial to our title win, coming in at a very difficult, high-pressure moment. He deserves to be first choice somewhere and I hope he has every success at his next club.

This summer must see the smallest churn of players, from a retained list perspective, for many years? It feels odd!

Aug 30, 2006
We are in relatively good shape with some of our prized assets covered by contracts.
Would be good if Galloway and Miller re-sign. I'd happily take Phillips and Devine on loan again but still think we need 3 or 4 players of real Championship quality with an Azzaz style baller in CM being the key for me!

Tyriek Wright, Callum Wright, Callum Burton, Waino all need lower league football regularly.

Reactions: Centre Circle
Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
We are in relatively good shape with some of our prized assets covered by contracts.
Would be good if Galloway and Miller re-sign. I'd happily take Phillips and Devine on loan again but still think we need 3 or 4 players of real Championship quality with an Azzaz style baller in CM being the key for me!

Tyriek Wright, Callum Wright, Callum Burton, Waino all need lower league football regularly.
I agree with your last point bar Callum Wright - I think he has enough about him to be part of our squad next season. His work rate is excellent (especially against Hull).

I'd maybe add Saxon Earley to your list. He was very good away to Watford but I'm not sure he'll be ready for our first team next year?

Aug 30, 2006
I agree with your last point bar Callum Wright - I think he has enough about him to be part of our squad next season. His work rate is excellent (especially against Hull).

I'd maybe add Saxon Earley to your list. He was very good away to Watford but I'm not sure he'll be ready for our first team next year?
I would like to see more of Saxon before making judgment, he looks to have something. I am a Callum Wright fan on his day but feel he needs regular football which he wont (or is unlikely to) get at HP. Loan moves for him and Waino (better physique towards end of season, and for whom Hardie clearly is a good influence ) perhaps?
We need to take care not to always off load too early......Klaidi Lolos springs to mind!

Reactions: Centre Circle

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Callum Wright should be part of our squad next season. There's no way I'd send him out on loan. Ben Waine, on the other hand, would benefit from a loan spell imho. That's wholly on the assumption that we sign some bloody strikers in the summer!

Sad to see Callum Burton going, but I think we all knew it was happening. Fantastic keeper who I thought should be starting ahead of Hazard at times this season.

Oct 10, 2012
Gutted for Jack. Been great to have at Tavistock this season, nice lad from a nice family.

Have heard he could have a good offer from a professional club, he deserves another shot.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
If Brendan and Mickel sign , and nobody leaves, we will have a squad of 19 players who are regarded as over 21's , which means we can sign up to 6 over 21's for a squad of 25.