Reda Johnson | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Reda Johnson

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
£1.5million for Reda currently? Bloody good deal for us.

In a few years? A steal for the club that got him.

Sep 1, 2006
Mario":30kgcx5m said:

We'll see.

Personally I dont rate him that much, got the physical attributes but his game needs to improve so much at professional level. Raw at the moment so offer like that would be accepted straight away.

Feb 21, 2008
pontypoolgreen":f5rivjbu said:
I have also heard it may not be Rangers.

Nothing for sure yet but no smoke without fire, Sturrock always said he'd fetch big money.

Celtic will have £10million knocking around when they sell McGeady, might it be them??

I would take £1.5m with a sell on clause.

Jan 2, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised if Bristol city put in a bid for him they seem
to be keen to flash the cash to get what they want. His performance against them last season was awesome

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I'd rather lose Reda than Onismor. With Seip and N'Gala looking strong in pre-season, I actually think we can afford to lose Reda; particularly for £1.5m. Only thing is, I think PR had it in mind to play Seip at full back, so who would we employ at right back if he's forced into the middle?

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
SMIAL":3df3qi4j said:
Mario":3df3qi4j said:

We'll see.

Personally I dont rate him that much, got the physical attributes but his game needs to improve so much at professional level. Raw at the moment so offer like that would be accepted straight away.

Saw him a couple of times last season and he was brilliant, but unfinished. Best game I think was at Reading, where even the home crowd were applauding some of the stuff he did. Will be a great player in a year or two as he has all the required components. If he is off then I hope we get a really good and watertight sell on clause in the contract.

D

dbgreen

I can't believe some of the opinions on this site - to me, at the end of last season, the two I really, really wanted us to keep were Reda and Mason - they both, in my eyes, have massive potential and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they both played in the premiership very soon.
But perhaps I am mad/naive/football illiterate...I have to say its not often threads stun me!! Reda and Joe were the only shining lights for me last year...everyone else was disappointing at best and completely disposable (ie crap) at worst.

L

lloyd_down_under

Naturally, I'd be sad to see Reda go; he's a lovely player, but a 7 figure sum would go a long way to sorting our our mess of a wage bill. It's feeling like we need to rip it up and start again.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
If we got 1.5 million for him then that would be good business, we have already got 4 other good CB and Timar looking like the player of a couple of seasons ago he is like having a new signing, i think we can afford to lose R Johnson and it not impact on the team.

Mar 7, 2009
If we could get 1.5 million now (which I don't think we can by the way) then what could we get with a full competitive season under his belt.

He has still played around 50 games in his life, and his still raw. Could have a real star on our hands here and it would be foolish to let him go.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Trouble is he signed a 2 year deal - therefore only has 1 year left on his current deal.

Admittedly he's under 24, but we'd get relatively little wonga if he were to leave at the end of the season, or even in January.

So, offer him an extension (can we afford to?), or listen to bigboy offers should they be forthcoming.