Reda Johnson sacked from Benin. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Reda Johnson sacked from Benin.

Sep 1, 2006
Drew_Savage":1tgr6r4r said:
lunarjetman":1tgr6r4r said:
Moderators- why move this thread from the main forum ?

I love PASOTI and it's generally well run, but sometimes you moderators are too keen to fiddle around with posts.

This is an interesting post and i would never had learned about this story if I had not see it on the main board earlier.

If its current & interesting news, try keep it on the main board please !!

I've started to make a point of reading posts that show up on the main board as 'moved', because they've usually got something interesting in them that relates to Argyle which isn't along the lines of the endless 'Chris Clark's carp', 'Rory Fallon's rebbish', 'why does everyone love Mackie when he's not that good' threads.

Sad but true.

That said, the Mods put hours of their own time into keeping this site going - it must be a thankless task at times, and probably not a massive queue of people ready to do it.

I think its very click happy and their job could be made a lot easier and less hours if they leave Argyle stuff on the Main board which we all view.

Mar 26, 2009
Plympton
Last Updated 10:08 09/02/2010
David Williams, Sky News Online
The West African nation of Benin has sacked every member of its international football team.

The 23 players and five-man coaching staff were axed despite last month equalling their best-ever result at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Benin finished third in Group C, behind eventual winners Egypt and semi-finalists Nigeria.

The minnows - who had failed to qualify for the 2004 and 2008 tournaments - drew with Mozambique and finished ahead of them on goal difference.

But the Benin Football Federation (FBF) criticised the players for a lack of patriotism and for mass indiscipline during the tournament in Angola.

The team includes players from leading French clubs Paris St Germain and Metz, while defender Reda Johnson plays in England for Championship side Plymouth Argyle.

The FBF said it would set up a new code of conduct and "start out on a new basis" with all the future players selected for the national team.

The country's French coach Michel Dussuyer, who has been in charge since June 2008, will be paid until the end of his contract, which expires in June.

Mar 2, 2008
http://www.freetranslation.com/

The excuse Réda Johnson One awaits with impatience the excuse Réda Johnson, this talentueux defender of Plymouth eagle (2ÉMÉ division England) does not leave indifferent. It again has just done to talk about him. If no one protests the talent of the boy, this is especially his behavior and its language gaps that give rise to the indignation. To the Soudan already, it did not hesitate to snub the president of the federation and a delegation member that asked for him why it did the movement itself it knew that it was sick... "You are not doctor replied him Réda Johnson" the president passed under silence to protect his player. At the time of the Benign game -Lybie the spectators were astonished to see that this is junior Salomon that replaces Damien Chrysostome and non-Réda Johnson. EH yes this is that Réda simply refused the trainer to protect it evoked a migraine and words of head, that is crazy? And here that the same Réda Johnson again him we goes out this history of loss of 15,000 Euros that it left in his suitcase. The paradox this is that none of the players that we had questioned believes this version. Even quotation of the federation, an investigation quickly showed that the boy did a transfer on the one of these accounts in situated bank in France from which the anger of the players and leaders that withdrew for him which had been contributed for him to provide assistance. Even if certain players do not carry the boy in their heart because of his behavior, the report on this supposed lie is in expectation of the quotation of the federation; itself it proves himself that the boy lied, which seems to be the case, penalties will fall.

Weird stuff. Missing money, offended officials, Reda playing for Plymouth Eagle :?

Is that whole page (beyond the Reda bit) just looking for a scapegoat for a poor tournament?

it [RJ] did not hesitate to snub the president of the federation and a delegation member that asked for him why it did the movement itself it knew that it was sick...

To be fair, I tend to keep my movements private too, especially when sick.