Re: Geoffrey Luke-Founder of PASALB Funeral and wake Details

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Sorry to hear this. I participated in a number of PASALB pub treks around grim northern, erm, towns back in the 80s including one monumental effort in Blackpool. Geoff was the only one who seemed to know where we were going, and he always got us to the ground on time. Well, kind of. Sad that he was taken so early, RIP.

argylepaul

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jul 15, 2008
Bromley
I have been a member of PASALB on and off for 25 years or so, and while not knowing Geoffrey personally, I knew who he was, and would see him on many a train journey up from London to support Argyle. He is the reason there is PASALB now. I am not a member right now, but I will be next season in honour of Geoff Luke, and I look forward to taking the train to what we all hope to be more League One venues. Here's to Geoffrey! :scarf:

Nov 25, 2008
Puddletown
I was in PASALB in the late 80s and early 90s as a student. I remember Geoff , always had the time of day for anyone, and bought this poor student a pint in Manchester after an away game - sad loss to the Green Army. RIP Pilgrim.

Dec 20, 2011
A very sad loss. A true Pilgrim

RIP Geoffrey

Lee , wasn't Geoff at the Crawley beer festival about ten or more years ago????? also, Would the first team wear Black armbands as a mark of remembrance/respect to Geoff, a truly fantastic supporter of the Greens just a thought

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
I am very sad to hear of Geoff's passing. I havn't seen him in many years (probably since the 1980's) but a lovelier chap you couldn't wish to meet. Somebody has already mentioned his wry smile, but my abiding memory is playing football with Geoff up at wormwood scrubs for PASALB with his hallmark dark frame glasses and Rab C Nesbitt style headband to keep said glasses in place. A very sad day.

I remember geoff from my pasalb years (late 80s/90s) on away trips and
later on the commitee.He was a character alright.
I have two main memories of him.Firstly when he was responsible for pasty
news, volunteering to go too his tiny flat to help to envelope 600 or so
for posting.I was amazed to see a huge printing machine taking up
nearly all of his front room.And then not surprisingly being told that he was
in dispute with his neighbours about the noise etc this machine was making.
Then there was the pasalb 25th anniversary at a paddington hotel where
stan boardman turned up to see his son paul(ex argyle) give a paid after
dinner speech in which he took the wee out of geoffs thick lensed black
rimmed old style nhs glasses.
Rip it should be but im sure dear old geoff is already at it organising
a branch for exiles.
This time for all of the other sadly departed argyles to join.
See you soon geoffrey.

Dec 29, 2011
A top man Geoff was .The voice of reason if you ever got carried away with Argyle fortunes .Helped me get to games on Boxing Day in the past when no public transport available .Always up for a good chat and met him at several Truro games when they were in the home counties .Go back to 76 with Geoff .RIP .

L

Lee Jameson

The cremation service will be held at the City of London Cemetery and Crematorium, Aldersbrook Road, London E12 5DQ at 10:45 am on Wednesday 30th January. http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/cemetery 0208 53002151.

The wake

http://www.johnbarras.com/pub/golden-fl ... don/c3873/

Golden Fleece, 166 Capel Road, Manor Park, E12 5DB

WE have ordered some food the pub will open at 11am for us, food will be served at 12.30 drinks available from the start 5 real ales, just how Geoffrey would have liked it.

Lee

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

G

Gin

A Memorial Service for Geoff has been arranged for 11am on Friday 1st February at St Agnes Church

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Gin":28tw5nn9 said:
A Memorial Service for Geoff has been arranged for 11am on Friday 1st February at St Agnes Church

I have put this around my networks down here and hopefully there will be a good turn out.

We could have a memorial pub crawl after the service (Railway, St Agnes Hotel, Peterville and Driftwood Spars for eg) if there are enough takers.

Anyone coming from Plymouth would have to get the 8.14 train and change to an 85A bus at Truro station getting to St Agnes at 10.15.