Votes: 4 2.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Shame there is not a minus button - i gave him zero only because he turned up to officiate the game

Hopefully we wont have the misfortune of coming across him again this season but i wont hold my breathe

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You really must get over this obsession with time wasting. There was a bit tonight but nothing excessive until the the 85th minute. In injury time the 'keeper pushed his luck a bit but it was nothing more than you'd see in any game at any level.
It was nowhere near as bad as the time wasting on Saturday. On average, the Gillingham keeper kept the ball in his hands for 16 seconds on, at least, 7 occasions during the game.
I did invite you or Martyn to comment on that but you only seem to comment when you want to support the referee.

Dec 16, 2004
One of the easiest laws of football to enforce must be under law 12 where it states “a goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands for more than six seconds.”.

Goalie has the ball, ref starts counting 1..2..3..4 etc. at, say, 8 seconds he warns the keeper. Next time, after 6 seconds, ref blows up and awards an indirect free kick to the attacking team. Goalie will not transgress again.

It's not difficult and if the authorities don't care if that law is not enforced then it should be removed. As far as I can see, it is one of the laws where the ref does not need to apply any interpretation or assessment he just has to be able to see the kepper and to count to six.

What do you say about that Cabbie?

With due respect to Sarginson though it may be that he cannot see when the goalie has the ball in his hands as evidence has shown that he cannot see a player push a ball boy when he is staring at aforementioned player from about 12 metres away.

Reactions: Dan Ellard

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Now this sounds familiar....from a Carlisle match report;

'The linesman did not spot the offside at the time, but after protests from the Carlisle players, referee Chris Sarginson disallowed the goal. After looking back on the goal, Stead has every right to be aggrieved by the decision, as he looked to have been onside.'

• Angry
Reactions: David Doidge
Jul 28, 2020
For those of you who have ever watched “Dad’s Army” Sarginson’s style is exactly similar to what I would expect to see if Sergeant Wilson, ever took to officiating 🤣🤣

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Interestingly, having read various forums someone on an obscure league 2 forum noted that Sarginson is an avid user of Facebook,

Sure enough he is.
More interestingly, a post from a previous Argyle game he officiated reads:

'Plymouth on a school night then work at 7, why do we do it?'

Telling

Reactions: Pifom
Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
The lino was heading back to the halfway line whilst the ref was on the other side of the pitch. The goal was as good as given. There was no debate or discussion until the pressure from the Cambridge players came.
This was my exact thinking. The ref and lino showed no signs of going to disallow the goal, they had both given it and had no intention of communicating until the players started kicking off. Not disputing the fact it was the correct decision, but to sit there and say that nobody changed their mind due to player pressure is just a blatant lie.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
This was my exact thinking. The ref and lino showed no signs of going to disallow the goal, they had both given it and had no intention of communicating until the players started kicking off. Not disputing the fact it was the correct decision, but to sit there and say that nobody changed their mind due to player pressure is just a blatant lie.

He's done it before as per my earlier post.

Reactions: Pifom

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Interestingly, having read various forums someone on an obscure league 2 forum noted that Sarginson is an avid user of Facebook,

Sure enough he is.
More interestingly, a post from a previous Argyle game he officiated reads:

'Plymouth on a school night then work at 7, why do we do it?'

Telling

Hmm, over the last two days he's made a few comments regarding the joys of travelling to Plymouth from Staffordshire on a Tuesday.
He really didn't want to be at Home Park last night, the feeling is mutual.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Everyone agrees it was the right decision, it was the time taken and method to reach that decision.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Everyone agrees it was the right decision, it was the time taken and method to reach that decision.

It's close. And that still shows the moment AFTER the flick on (look at the ball), so is inconclusive.
But the fact is it was given as a goal.
As per the Carlisle match report I posted earlier in the thread, the guy has history for overruling himself and the linesman after player pressure.
He doesn't want to ref at Home Park, that much is clear, although from the many, many local newspaper reports and other message boards, he has been ruining games of football for some time

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
He gave 6 mins, I can't see what he's done wrong this evening.
I timed the stoppages in the first half - 10 mins, and that did not include any of the time-wasting tactics employed by Cambridge.
2nd half - 5 subs, 2 goals, 3 min stoppages and again no allowance for all the time wasting shenanigans.
Completely incompetent, weak refereeing (or as PL2 mentioned on another thread, the man running around the pitch blowing a whistle).

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
I was inline with the off side goal and at first didnt start to celebrate as was waiting for the flag to go up but then saw the lino run back to the halfway line so he had given the goal then the bullying started, and it was ruled out for something neither of the officials had clearly not seen only what the Cambridge players told them, a bit like the punch up he booked two players for something the officials hadnt seen. As for time wasting I dont know how many times he told the keeper and the two full backs to speed it up only for then to laugh at him and carry on wasting time, Total joke. Actually enjoyed the second half though.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
We can only hope that the assessor writes an honest report on this guy's 'performance'. That was quite possibly the most incompetent display of refereeing I have ever witnessed in all my years of watching professional football.