Votes: 14 7.0%

Votes: 4 2.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Oct 31, 2015
I gave him one for not sending off Wilson at the start who should have walked. Perhaps he made the right decision about the goal but boy his inept handling if the black arts was awful.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Regardless of whether the ref added on enough time, he should have stopped it so he didn’t have to add 6 minutes.

When the goalie gets the ball and flopped to the ground, the ref eventually waved for him to get up. He then stands there until the ref points at his watch and rolls his hands to signal get on with it, but he doesn’t get on with it does he? He farts about a bit then eventually boots the ball. This happened pretty much every time the goalie got the ball. The ref should have got his cards out and clamped down on it.

That doesn’t just go for Sargison tonight, most refs allow this to happen.

Reactions: slingsbypobble

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
poo, as always. Weak. A generous 0/10.

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
He had no control, at one point the Cambridge players went for a ‘time out’ and he waited for them to get back into position. He’s in charge!

Also the time wasting things frustrates me but even we do it. I think there needs to be a way of stamping it out. A start would be for the ref to countdown from when the keeper has it in hands. The official rule is 6 seconds but their keeper tonight had one for a good 30 seconds.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Not so much a referee more like a confused pensioner who had wandered in and wondered what all the men were doing running around. ..apathetic, weak and so late on everything that was going on he deserved a booking, and Cambridge milked it for all its worth.

Oct 20, 2015
Yes, the disallowed goal decision was correct. But how on EARTH did the lino not put his flag up and how did Sarginson not ask him until about 3 minutes later. He had no control over the game at all.
This. Probably can't argue with the actual decision, and I'm looking forward to being able to check replay on PAFC.

But...

How can you leave it so long that the stadium announcer has actually broadcast the scorer, and the team has trotted back over the halfway line after their celebration.

Had my kids there today and I thought there was going to be a riot. Absolutely scandalous refereeing.

He gets a 2 from me for correctly calling their penalty in the 2nd half. He missed 2 handballs in penalty area, one ours, one Cambridge.

Totally mismanaged the Cambridge time waster tactics, so they just did it more.

We've had trouble with Sarginson before and I never want to see him referee another Argyle game as long as I live. He should be struck off.

Reactions: Dan Ellard
Apr 8, 2014
You really must get over this obsession with time wasting. There was a bit tonight but nothing excessive until the the 85th minute. In injury time the 'keeper pushed his luck a bit but it was nothing more than you'd see in any game at any level.
I saw more players hit the deck (claiming cramp) in half an hour tonight then I did in the Olympic wrestling this year

Reactions: rsp4
Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
There are two key components to reffing. The first is decision making and the second is game management. I have watched Mr Sarginson several times over the years. By and large he gets the decisions correct (in truth like most refs), but I can only remember one game when his game management was good. This is why he does not rise above leagues 2 and 1.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Meh, didn’t like watching him, very messy for disallowed goal but actual decisions were right.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
You only have to Google him to find a litany of other games he's ruined for supporters of other clubs with particular ire coming from the Watford local paper over his handling of a match and frequent references in newspapers and on forums as to how he has lost control of matches.
Teams like Cambridge (who I expected to be a little bit spoily already) will know exactly whose refereeing the game and when it's someone as hopelessly weak as the guy tonight, they'll take full advantage and turn the gamesmanship dial up to max.

Oct 31, 2015
Did anyone else notice late on when the ball hit the ref and the Cambridge players all ran to the touch line for a ‘drinks break’? He did absolutely nothing about it. Lowe was seething and that’s quite rare for him on the touchline.
Yea I was doing my but as well. I was screaming for him to just put the ball in play. Watch the Cambridge players run then. But no not Sargison😡