Votes: 14 7.0%

Votes: 4 2.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Sep 6, 2006
Nope....I know it's a lovely bubble of a world to live in but. sorry to say, their careers are on the line when they make decisions, not some guy(s) running up to them shouting in their ear holes. Wilson should have been sent off in the 6th minute ....I note the lack of discussion about that. As Lobster said you're annoyed because you've lost a point. That wasn't the ref's fault. Grow up FFS
Incorrect! TWO points.

Aug 18, 2021
The game as a whole need to realise that it's not just sport but entertainment. These time waisting tactics should be stamped out. I very much doubt it would affect the table at the end of the season but would increase the enjoyment of fans.

Jul 28, 2020
Nope....I know it's a lovely bubble of a world to live in but. sorry to say, their careers are on the line when they make decisions, not some guy(s) running up to them shouting in their ear holes. Wilson should have been sent off in the 6th minute ....I note the lack of discussion about that. As Lobster said you're annoyed because you've lost a point. That wasn't the ref's fault. Grow up FFS
Sean, Argyle and Mr Sarginson do have a history, which goes back several years to a home match against Leyton orient in league 2, under Derek Adams.

The issue with Mr Sarginson is of competence . He has a history of ceding his authority to players and letting players ā€œrefā€ games. I remember Liam Kelly was in the refs ear for much of the last 10 minutes as orient clambered to get a winner - which they eventually secured. When Liam Kelly pushed over one of our young ball-boys in a rush to take a corner , sarginson took no action and later claimed not to see it - although it was claimed later that video footage seemed to suggest that sarginson appeared to be looking towards the incident when it happened. Kelly later got a lengthy ban, for his actions. Highlights should be somewhere on the internet, have a look yourself- see what you think.
As far as Tuesdays game goes it seemed fairly clear from the actions of the referee and linesman that the goal had been given until the Cambridge players intervened. I could clearly see the group of 3 or Cambridge players ā€œhigh givingā€ each other after Sargison changed his mind- so it was clear to them, as it was also clear to me from my seat in the Lyndhurst that their interventions had lead to Sargison changing his mind.

I think for me the main issue is one of authority- everybody knows the ref doesnā€™t change their mind- particularly after a gap of several minutes , donā€™t they ? If they do start changing their minds then where is this going to end ?

Speaking personally I would rather see the ref as an authoritarian figure , as he is in the game of rugby- where the players have deference for his decisions- and if they donā€™t the play gets moved 20 yards forward.Perhaps we should move towards that in football ? I certainly donā€™t like seeing the spectacle of players surrounding the ref.

As for the alleged Wilson incident I didnā€™t see it- and like most people I suspect, only saw the fall out after,Itā€™s not on video is it ? So itā€™s only hearsay, if thatā€™s the case. Wilson is hard but fair- and not a dirty player, so I would like to know what went on to cause the alleged incident.

This threads not really about the match, itā€™s about Chris Sarginson- and like most people I donā€™t think heā€™s a very good referee. Having said that I have to say Argyle were a bit naive- and knowing his reputation we should have targeted him in the same way Cambridge did.

Ps. I like your teams defence- but think your going to need a few more reinforcements up front, to help your winger ?Tracey out.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Reactions: CambridgeSean
Jul 28, 2020
S
Sean, Argyle and Mr Sarginson do have a history, which goes back several years to a home match against Leyton orient in league 2, under Derek Adams.

The issue with Mr Sarginson is of competence . He has a history of ceding his authority to players and letting players ā€œrefā€ games. I remember Liam Kelly was in the refs ear for much of the last 10 minutes as orient clambered to get a winner - which they eventually secured. When Liam Kelly pushed over one of our young ball-boys in a rush to take a corner , sarginson took no action and later claimed not to see it - although it was claimed later that video footage seemed to suggest that sarginson appeared to be looking towards the incident when it happened. Kelly later got a lengthy ban, for his actions. Highlights should be somewhere on the internet, have a look yourself- see what you think.
As far as Tuesdays game goes it seemed fairly clear from the actions of the referee and linesman that the goal had been given until the Cambridge players intervened. I could clearly see the group of 3 or Cambridge players ā€œhigh givingā€ each other after Sargison changed his mind- so it was clear to them, as it was also clear to me from my seat in the Lyndhurst that their interventions had lead to Sargison changing his mind.

I think for me the main issue is one of authority- everybody knows the ref doesnā€™t change their mind- particularly after a gap of several minutes , donā€™t they ? If they do start changing their minds then where is this going to end ?

Speaking personally I would rather see the ref as an authoritarian figure , as he is in the game of rugby- where the players have deference for his decisions- and if they donā€™t the play gets moved 20 yards forward.Perhaps we should move towards that in football ? I certainly donā€™t like seeing the spectacle of players surrounding the ref.

As for the alleged Wilson incident I didnā€™t see it- and like most people I suspect, only saw the fall out after,Itā€™s not on video is it ? So itā€™s only hearsay, if thatā€™s the case. Wilson is hard but fair- and not a dirty player, so I would like to know what went on to cause the alleged incident.

This threads not really about the match, itā€™s about Chris Sarginson- and like most people I donā€™t think heā€™s a very good referee. Having said that I have to say Argyle were a bit naive- and knowing his reputation we should have targeted him in the same way Cambridge did.

Ps. I like your teams defence- but think your going to need a few more reinforcements up front, to help your winger ?Tracey out.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Should read ā€œ high fiveā€ in para 3- canā€™t find the edit function !

Reactions: CambridgeSean

German Shepherd

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Maybe the Cambridge players went over to the lino asking why he didn't flag & the lino said because their defender headed it to Jephcott. So then the players approached the ref to say what the lino had said. The ref (who probably knew Hardie had nodded it on) then went over to the lino to say it was Hardie & so they then came to the correct decision...all surmising obviously.....but I haven't a problem with that if they come to the correct decision.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Not difficult to understand, yet you donā€™t seem to have understood it. If the ref and Lino is in contact with each other and they both start to take their positions for a restart, then that shows that they both agree that itā€™s a goal. They didnā€™t change their minds until the Cambridge players got involved. Whether they got the decision right or wrong, it shows their incompetence.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Having watched Matchday Moments, it is clear that Luke was in an offside position when he received the ball from Ryanā€™s flick on.
However, the goal was initially awarded and the final outcome indicates that ā€˜it pays to protestā€™.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Is that not what they did?! Dont see why its so difficult to understand.
No they didn't.

The referee signalled a goal. The linesman did not flag for off side and moved just under half way towards the halfway line where he was confronted by Cambridge players. The referee looked to go to sort out the Cambridge players initially then he too was harangued. A good minute later the decision was reversed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I thought it was off do kept my eyes on the lino. When he ran with his flag down, I was jumping up and down celebrating the goal.

We donā€™t operate VAR in the lower divisions. This was like the idiots version.

The sad fact is teams like Cambridge, Gillingham and Wycombe will now note this incident and become even worse at the dark arts.

That referee has always been poor but even he found new depths on Tuesday night.,

Mind you the way that Lino raised his offside flag after two minutes was hilarious.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In my mind you're right. I knew he was a crap refer and said so.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I thought it was off do kept my eyes on the lino. When he ran with his flag down, I was jumping up and down celebrating the goal.

We donā€™t operate VAR in the lower divisions. This was like the idiots version.

The sad fact is teams like Cambridge, Gillingham and Wycombe will now note this incident and become even worse at the dark arts.

That referee has always been poor but even he found new depths on Tuesday night.,

Mind you the way that Lino raised his offside flag after two minutes was hilarious.
Nothing like a bit of exageration. If you watch the Matchday Moments, it is only 45 seconds after the ball hits the net that the flag went up.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Whatever it was, it was a ridiculously over exaggerated by a plum of a Lino.

Typical of an ex referee though. Timing something like that. :) You're all sad Paul.

Reactions: smudja