R.I.P Peter Darke | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

R.I.P Peter Darke

Sep 6, 2006
Sad news. No nonsense, no frills full back.

The goal against Southampton was a cross that found the back of the net. Good times.
Remember it well. Right behind it. Could have been a cross but certainly flew in. Easter game with 20000 plus there. 10 mins from the end. The roof came off. Argyle won 1.0. Thanks for the memory Peter.

Reactions: Rowlypilgrim

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
I remember that match really well coz Argyle had asked for volunteers to come & pick loads of stones off the what was to become training pitches. Me & a mate volunteered & got free tickets for the match. Happy days.
Just checked ; 45 years ago !!! bleddy hell.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sad to hear that. Like others on here, I was at that game. Crowd of about 25k on a bank holiday I think. Southampton had a side full of top players, but their minds might have been on the FA cup final which was their next match against Man Utd.

RIP Driller Darke as Harley Lawer christened him in the Indy.

Reactions: AdelaideGreen

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Another gone too young. A no frills lower league defender who always gave it his all. Remember the Southampton goal. RIP.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
RIP Peter
Well remember that goal against Southampton. What memories you gave us.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Very sad news for his family and for all of the Argyle fans who remember that goal on Easter Saturday, 1976.

We used to stand in the Devonport End back then to the right of the goal. As the ball came in from the Lyndhurst you could see that Ian Turner had misjudged the flight. I'm sure it was intended as a cross to the far post but it ended up being a match winning goal. I think Removed by Site Admin put a bit of check-side on the ball.

Also remember him playing for Saltash as a CB in the Western League towards the end of his career. I don’t think many CFs looked forward to coming up against him on a Saturday.

Reactions: Rowlypilgrim
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I did not see his well remembered goal but I certainly recall him playing with his fine head of long curly hair flowing behind him. A local lad who performed well for the top SW club. R I P Peter Darke

Reactions: saxman