Proof of double jabs may be needed to attend football matches | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Proof of double jabs may be needed to attend football matches

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
But as it isn’t planned to be brought in until October all over 18s would have had the opportunity to have both jabs.
So the Government is giving everyone the opportunity to be fully vaccinated by then and those that choose not to now can see one consequences of their decision.
I didn't read the October element. Would make sense then.

Although, given that's 2 months away is this not another case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Given the handling of the pandemic as a whole thehorse must be half way around the world by now

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I didn't read the October element. Would make sense then.

Although, given that's 2 months away is this not another case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Given the handling of the pandemic as a whole thehorse must be half way around the world by now
The 1st October date thing is an autumn precaution when they believe that we are more likely to have spikes of new cases.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Looks most likely only going to apply to Premier League matches, from what I heard on t'wireless this morning, so possibly even the 20k limit might not apply to those teams in the Championship who attract such crowds: I suppose the reasoning would be you'd have to make games ticket-only to see how many are likely to turn up and whether you'd need to put the protocols in place to do the necessary checks.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
But is 20k in West Hams Stadium an equal risk to Brentfords? (Don't know the Bees capacity but you see what I mean).

Brentford’s stadium holds just under 20k

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
We went to Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of weeks ago which was supposed to be a 'Test Event' - there was no more than a cursory glance at our phones and the two negative lateral flow tests that we had to have proof of for our children could have been done by the cat!

I'm double jabbed, quite willing to 'prove' my current status, but I can't really see how a vaccine passport is going to be properly workable - we'll have to get to Home Park nice and early so that all four of us can empty our pockets, get through security, have our season tickets scanned, have our NHS app QR code looked at/scanned, then a further ID check that we are indeed the person on the season ticket/app.....

Reactions: boletus edulis

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I'm jabbed, reluctantly and really disagree with policies like this.

As for the app. I don't have it and won't get it, so again if they're dependent on that, it isn't ideal.
Before anybody wants to judge, I work in law enforcement and was ordered to delete it!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

As for the app. I don't have it and won't get it, so again if they're dependent on that, it isn't ideal.
Before anybody wants to judge, I work in law enforcement and was ordered to delete it!

The app where it shows you’ve had both jabs is a different app to the NHS COVID-19 app. It is actually the main NHS App where it shows you’ve had both jabs

Reactions: Ted

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt

Was that a legal order? If not, you did not have to obey it.

When I worked in law enforcement, they wanted us all to give DNA samples (I was in before that became compulsory to join). We all mostly refused as it was not a legal order.

Oct 15, 2017

I also do not have the app as I have not got a smartphone nor do I intend to get one as I'm not a phone junkie, I have a flip top that I keep in the car for emergencies, all I have is a card
showing that I have had both jabs and I also LFT twice a week but have no proof of that although I do get an email on my laptop, so where do I stand? As for security, I have no
objection to being patted down but I think the rest OTT