Proof of double jabs may be needed to attend football matches | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Proof of double jabs may be needed to attend football matches

Feb 13, 2021
It won’t happen, they will never get agreement in Parliament for it. They are just threatening it now to t
It won’t happen, they will never get agreement in Parliament for it. They are just threatening it now to try to encourage younger people to get vaccinated.
I agree with this, I work on the railway out of Cardiff, where it is still a legal requirement to where a mask, many choose not to and we are not allowed to challenge them as this causes conflict. The trains are now rammed again with no social distancing in confined spaces and obviously you do not know their vaccination status. If the government are going to enforce double jabbing for outside events, surely they're going to have to do it for every walk of life.

Oct 31, 2015
Go back a few posts as i have already replied on how us in the military canbget the QR code and access our vaccine status. Hope that helps
Cheers mate. I read your post after I posted. I did put a thumbs up.
I have passed the detail onto my son👍👍

BigAl

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 10, 2006
Those without smartphones go to NHS COVID letter pass. Easy and received in 4 days. This is hard copy of Covid passport . 👍🏼

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am in favour of the vaccination programme but don’t understand why, if you are confident in the vaccine’s effectiveness, it would trouble you being seated in a crowd with a few people present who, for whatever reason it might be, haven’t been vaccinated.
It would trouble me big time, if somebody proven virus free before attending an Argyle match, contrived to catch the virus from a neighbouring spectator, and then proceeded to take successful legal action against the Club because of Long Covid, resulting in depleting Club funds better spent on the team.

Feb 14, 2007
Taunton
Those of us who have been double jabbed can still get COVID, but don't need to show a negative test before hand? Yet, someone unjabbed, but who has had a negative test, will be denied entry, is this right?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Those of us who have been double jabbed can still get COVID, but don't need to show a negative test before hand? Yet, someone unjabbed, but who has had a negative test, will be denied entry, is this right?

No, if they’ve haven’t had a double jab then they won’t be let in. So no test needed

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I'm thankful I've been offered to move my 2nd jab up in time for the start of the season.

But this is a dangerous segregation possibility. Ignoring those who choose not to have a vaccine, there are a substantial number of people who won't be double jabbed in time as they were offered it later / 8-12 weeks haven't passed yet.

I can see this decision in court within days of an official announcement, and the subsequently reversed.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I'm thankful I've been offered to move my 2nd jab up in time for the start of the season.

But this is a dangerous segregation possibility. Ignoring those who choose not to have a vaccine, there are a substantial number of people who won't be double jabbed in time as they were offered it later / 8-12 weeks haven't passed yet.

I can see this decision in court within days of an official announcement, and the subsequently reversed.
Do you have a legal right to attend any entertainment venue if the owners seek to exclude you on health/H&S grounds to protect other's safety?? :unsure:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Do you have a legal right to attend any entertainment venue if the owners seek to exclude you on health/H&S grounds to protect other's safety?? :unsure:
Is there a rule on that? I assume if I turned up drunk an establishment has the right to turn me away, but I'm not being told I have to drink 10 beers and they'll be delivered last...

I appreciate the proof that not being vaccinate puts someone at greater risk of illness, transmission and death, but I took up the vaccine at the earliest opportunity and at original plans I wouldn't have been able to attend a match until September, sounds pretty discriminatory to me.

Imagine a requirement to be over 45 to attend a match. Anyone under 45 would be screaming, basically the same thing here.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
People need to get over this no-one is going to tell me what to do nonsensical attitude. If taking sensible precautions allows the majority to watch a game, rather than no-one like last season, then let's celebrate the fact that most people will be able to support their team. Those that need their second jab should be able to bring it forward, those that choose not to have the vacine, shame, but it is your choice.

May 8, 2011
Is there a rule on that? I assume if I turned up drunk an establishment has the right to turn me away, but I'm not being told I have to drink 10 beers and they'll be delivered last...

I appreciate the proof that not being vaccinate puts someone at greater risk of illness, transmission and death, but I took up the vaccine at the earliest opportunity and at original plans I wouldn't have been able to attend a match until September, sounds pretty discriminatory to me.

Imagine a requirement to be over 45 to attend a match. Anyone under 45 would be screaming, basically the same thing here.
But as it isn’t planned to be brought in until October all over 18s would have had the opportunity to have both jabs.
So the Government is giving everyone the opportunity to be fully vaccinated by then and those that choose not to now can see one consequences of their decision.

Reactions: metroace