Pre-match music

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club are asking fans to provide suggestions for the pre-match music.

For me, pre-match music is fine until 15 minutes before kick-off, at that point it should be left to the fans to generate the atmosphere.
There's been many big games where the pre-match atmosphere has been ruined by the music drowning out the fans, it becomes almost a battle between between the person playing the music and the fans.

That said, after being away for so long it would be just nice to hear the fans and music once again.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Can we just pipe in the FanFest music to the ground? :D

I always thought it would be a good idea to have local bands performing before kick-off, but on reflection it's best to have music that people know and is relevant to Argyle somehow.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales

Click to hear Nah Nah Hey Hey Goodbye song, The chorus was sung on the Home Park terraces in the ealrly 70's.
I have posted various to Twitter PAFC, some a bit obscure club music, things you will know also, including Dodgy staying out for the summer, and Blue Oyster Cult the reaper, and Bryan Adams Run to You, not so much my all time favourite numbers but what I think would work.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
In agreement with pl2,anything upbeat until 10,or 15 mins.before KO,then nothing until Semper as the teams emerge.
Also,can the teams players be announced when they are on the pitch,and not when they are still in the dressing rooms.
It used to be that way, so if a player was making his debut for instance he can then wave to the crowd.

Jun 28, 2004
In agreement with pl2,anything upbeat until 10,or 15 mins.before KO,then nothing until Semper as the teams emerge.
Also,can the teams players be announced when they are on the pitch,and not when they are still in the dressing rooms.
It used to be that way, so if a player was making his debut for instance he can then wave to the crowd.
Watch this space 👍

C

Cult Of Personality

Nothing by that banana Dave or what ever they are called.

Saw them at Parkway.. outdated jokes and music .

May 16, 2016
We've tried the no music before kick off thing and it was like a wake. Only works for the really big games.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Upbeat pop from different eras, such as Dancing Queen-Abba, Galway Girl -Ed Sheeran, Walking on Sunshine-Katrina and the Waves, One more time - Daft Punk, Shiney Happy People-REM, etc.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
‘My Town’ by The Alarm. The chorus is very catchy and if the Devonport End get hold of it, it could become an Argyle anthem.

I agree with Postey about the break in music before kick off, maybe not fifteen minutes, but enough time for the crowd to build the atmosphere. Then Semper should be played louder than it has been in recent years.

Reactions: meetoo

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
We've tried the no music before kick off thing and it was like a wake. Only works for the really big games.
If that’s the case why does the format need to be generic with no room for ‘on the day’ changes? Nothing grips me more than loud music drowning the efforts of the crowd to ramp things up! Finally, why oh why is the music SO LOUD the fact that I can’t speak to the person next to me about the game ahead is a little disconcerting. That said I guess the volume might vary across the stadium.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
As the fans are leaving the ground...A Walk in The Black Forest by Horst Jankowski. (y)