Post-match interview | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Post-match interview

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I watched the full match replay and the commentary is fine for tv. To be honest you don’t need as much engagement as your engrossed in the game.

For radio though l want to feel it. l just think radio is where you should be more creative with words and the interaction with the listener is important. TV let the pictures do the talking. Radio l feel is different.

There are some great radio commentators who never made it to tv. And vice versa. And l think there must be a reasonable argument why this happens.
That's a very good point.

You need explainers for radio, only fellow watchers for TV.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth

Manchesterlala

Am I the only one who used to hate Sparksy's commentary? Probably, i thought Sparksies commentary was very partisan,but also informative and exiting at the right moment, wish he was back on it.
By the way the commentator at one stage yesterday was saying that an Argyle player was about to be sent off with a second booking, but he couldn't see which one, nobody got sent off, what was he seeing?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Manchesterlala

Am I the only one who used to hate Sparksy's commentary? Probably, i thought Sparksies commentary was very partisan,but also informative and exiting at the right moment, wish he was back on it.
By the way the commentator at one stage yesterday was saying that an Argyle player was about to be sent off with a second booking, but he couldn't see which one, nobody got sent off, what was he seeing?

The Radio Devon commentator thought Scarr had already been booked when in fact it was Butcher. He was perplexed why Scarr didn't leave the pitch after picking up his 'second' yellow. 😄

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
My beef isn't particularly the commentary but the timing of 'action replays'. I know this match was outside Argyle TVs control, but someone needs to get a grip on the length of replay and how much of the live action it overlaps and therefore loses.

Oct 5, 2013
Just to add in that I found the post-match interview (and most crucially the interviewer) after the first Peterborough match was superb; he was clearly on the same wavelength as Schuey, not putting his own long viewpoints then expecting Schuey to agree with them; he was just asking questions and getting the manager’s response - just like a good interviewer should do!
Was it Charlie Price, does anyone know?

Reactions: pafcshaun