Post-match interview | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Post-match interview

Jan 27, 2012
Radio Devon blurts out Chief stuff all of the time, stopped listening to that rubbish about 18 months.

I thought Charlie and Katie did ok yesterday, but as you say, we need to have people there to capture the spirit of the game.
The Plymouth FM transmitter is dedicated to Argyle during matches and its normally excellent coverage with guests, post-match interviews etc. Also its not affiliated Argyle so less bias and they can be critical.

Radio Devon does also cover Exeter, Torquay and the rugby but so what? Things exist outside the confines of Home Park!
The Argyle home and away commentaries are better than the clubā€™s own version in my opinion.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You are entitled to it as well, however whilst listening to an Argyle game, I'm not bothered if Buckland Athletic have just given away a last penalty.

Reactions: Mark58
May 29, 2011
Bristol
I donā€™t think people should expect SKY/BBC standard commentary on Argyle TV. Iā€™m really pleased we have a steaming service which enables me to see a lot more games than I usually would.
But, as football fans, we all know how easy it is to sit on the sidelines and criticise.

May 8, 2011
You are entitled to it as well, however whilst listening to an Argyle game, I'm not bothered if Buckland Athletic have just given away a last penalty.
But to do that you have to pay to subscribe to Argyle TV. I donā€™t believe in paying for that service or paying to listen to players or managers interviews, so obviously Iā€™m not the sort of fan Argyle are looking for in the future. I just enjoy going to games especially the long distance ones.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We all spend our money in the way we want to Clive. I spend money on Argyle TV and you spend in on train fares, no one's right, both of us do it in our own way.

Oct 31, 2015
Jesus just watched the post match with the gaffer on YouTube.

Who is the person asking the questions instead of Charlie. He needs to find a better method. You could see he was winding Shuey up.

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
But to do that you have to pay to subscribe to Argyle TV. I donā€™t believe in paying for that service or paying to listen to players or managers interviews, so obviously Iā€™m not the sort of fan Argyle are looking for in the future. I just enjoy going to games especially the long distance ones.

You donā€™t have to be any sort of fan. How you choose to support the club is your way.

Trouble with the world today everyone wants to put people in a tiny descriptive box and not let people just be whatever they supposed to me. Humans who think uniquely.

smudja

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Stuck in Fife I'm.just happy for anything Argyle. Pay me Ā£45 and more than happy with the service I get from HP. Radio Devon transmitter doesn't reach here it's blocked by BBC old firm!

Reactions: Sidewinder

ChepstowGreen

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
I'd rather pay 5 x as much and listen to in-stadium commentary provided by the BBC, even if they do mention Exeter Chiefs, Buckland Athletic, or whoever.

Sports commentary should be in-stadium, capturing the essence of the day and all those elements which you just can't get from watching in a studio 200 miles away.

Nothing at all against the Argyle comms team by the way, who do a good job in almost impossible circumstances.

We had Radio Devon comms for a few games at the end of last season for away games and it was brilliant, a flashback to the good old days. Why we've gone back I've no idea.

Edited to add, thinking about it, I'd also pay more just to have the home commentary for Argyle away games, if it means that we get in-stadium commentary. In the old days we could choose home or away commentary, why can't we at least have that option? Maybe I should cancel my Argyle TV audio subscription, get a dodgy box and just stream it that way like others do, that way I'd get in-stadium commentary when Argyle are away, at least.

Last edited:

Keith Hennessey

šŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æ
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
We all spend our money in the way we want to Clive. I spend money on Argyle TV and you spend in on train fares, no one's right, both of us do it in our own way.
There is nothing I would enjoy more than being able to watch Argyle in the flesh ,however since COvid arrived it has been increasingly difficult to get a train from Auckland to anywhere in the UK.Argyle TV has been improving season upon season and I am sure the comms issues will be sorted dreckly.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd rather pay 5 x as much and listen to in-stadium commentary provided by the BBC, even if they do mention Exeter Chiefs, Buckland Athletic, or whoever.

Sports commentary should be in-stadium, capturing the essence of the day and all those elements which you just can't get from watching in a studio 200 miles away.

Nothing at all against the Argyle comms team by the way, who do a good job in almost impossible circumstances.

We had Radio Devon comms for a few games at the end of last season for away games and it was brilliant, a flashback to the good old days. Why we've gone back I've no idea.

Edited to add, thinking about it, I'd also pay more just to have the home commentary for Argyle away games, if it means that we get in-stadium commentary. In the old days we could choose home or away commentary, why can't we at least have that option? Maybe I should cancel my Argyle TV audio subscription, get a dodgy box and just stream it that way like others do, that way I'd get in-stadium commentary when Argyle are away, at least.

Or do both!

Reactions: ChepstowGreen
Oct 5, 2013
Jesus just watched the post match with the gaffer on YouTube.

Who is the person asking the questions instead of Charlie. He needs to find a better method. You could see he was winding Shuey up.
Yep that was what my OP was about, the interviewer was way off-beam right from the outset, and my concern is that his method (detailed critique given in OP) will not do the clubā€™s interests any good at all, because to me Schuey himself seemed to feel likewise.
Who was the interviewer for sure, can anyone say?

Reactions: rsp4

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
I donā€™t think people should expect SKY/BBC standard commentary on Argyle TV. Iā€™m really pleased we have a steaming service which enables me to see a lot more games than I usually would.
But, as football fans, we all know how easy it is to sit on the sidelines and criticise.

Argyle doing a laundry service as well now...is there no end to their expanding...:(.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Am I the only one who used to hate Sparksy's commentary? More often than not the chat was about things completely unrelated to the match (pies, music, the crowd, the stop off at the service station) and when he did talk about what was going on on the pitch it was often so fervently delivered that he'd give off the impression that every row z shot was pinging off the crossbar and that every scuffed breakaway was akin to Maradona's legitimate '86 quarter final goal. I'm 43 now but when Sparksy was on the mic in my younger days, I very nearly had multiple heart attacks. He used to terrify me.

Drew Savage is my favourite. Shame he's radio Devon only as I don't get to hear him now they've brought the Argyle TV comms in house.

Reactions: foreigner

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
I watched the full match replay and the commentary is fine for tv. To be honest you donā€™t need as much engagement as your engrossed in the game.

For radio though l want to feel it. l just think radio is where you should be more creative with words and the interaction with the listener is important. TV let the pictures do the talking. Radio l feel is different.

There are some great radio commentators who never made it to tv. And vice versa. And l think there must be a reasonable argument why this happens.