Post-match interview | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Post-match interview

Oct 5, 2013
Personal opinions coming up.
Was it Rob McNichol doing the post-match interview? I think it was.
If it was, he annoyed me just as much as he has frequently done during commentaries, too much gab for his own good and often spurts something out without due consideration, has his own agenda which is often not what I’m interested in hearing about, goes off on his own tack and not always relevant.
It looked to me like Schuey felt pretty much the same way judging by his responses, the interview got off to a bad start but Schuey just about rescued it by keeping cool despite the interviewer’s repeatedly provocative, off-beam, annoying questions and trying to direct the conversation back to something meaningful.
A good interviewer asks the subject what they think; a good interviewer does not impose their own views, and then await confirmation of them from the person they are interviewing.
A good point about Mr McNichol’s (if that’s who it was) commentary is that it seems quite a lot better this season with the female commentator alongside him (sorry don’t yet know her name); she speaks succinctly and very much on-subject, and thus seems to have a beneficial effect on the overall end result.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Agreed. He's dreadful on comms. Him and Charlie Price appear to have swapped roles. CP was on comms today and RMc doing the interview.

Also agreed about (I think) Katie Middleton. Not that one.

Oct 5, 2013
Aha, thanks for correction (if correct!) about who the male commentator was today.

Oct 5, 2013
Reason I made this post was I am concerned that more interviews like the one today will not serve the club well !
Hope some work can be done on this.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Not sure if this is the thread to put it but l didn’t like the commentary today on Argyle TV.

I like the people behind Argyle TV. I like the interviews and podcasts etc…. It’s just l think commentary should be something more passionate. I’m sorry to say l find it bland.

I hate to go back to the days of Sparksy but l was always engaged listening in. I find this commentary very safe.

Maybe lm on my own with this one. I hate to criticise people for what l think can’t be an easy job. But l think as a fan who is paying for a product l just have to be honest.

Reactions: meetoo
Jan 27, 2012
I wish Argyle would partner with Radio Devon for the audio only livestream.
To be fair, they do a great job on the Plymouth FM frequency. It has such a small geographic coverage its a shame more people can't get to hear it.

Reactions: Keith Whitfield
Oct 5, 2013
I would think the club will welcome your feedback, if it comes through to anyone in a position of influence.
That’s why I made the OP too.

Oct 5, 2013
Not sure if this is the thread to put it but l didn’t like the commentary today on Argyle TV.

I like the people behind Argyle TV. I like the interviews and podcasts etc…. It’s just l think commentary should be something more passionate. I’m sorry to say l find it bland.

I hate to go back to the days of Sparksy but l was always engaged listening in. I find this commentary very safe.

Maybe lm on my own with this one. I hate to criticise people for what l think can’t be an easy job. But l think as a fan who is paying for a product l just have to be honest.
I would think the club will welcome your feedback, if it comes through to anyone in a position of influence.
That’s why I made the OP too.

May 16, 2016
I wish Argyle would partner with Radio Devon for the audio only livestream.
To be fair, they do a great job on the Plymouth FM frequency. It has such a small geographic coverage its a shame more people can't get to hear it.
County wide on DAB for those that have one.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
County wide on DAB for those that have one.

l think l shall be turning to that frequency now. I doubt Argyle will mind as they have my £45 which tbh l am very happy with the content they produce (outside of the tv commentary).

Such a shame, but unfortunately commentary just feels soulless.

Maybe soulless is the wrong word. Just feels no flow to the match. Radio has to be engaging with your mind and this feels like tv commentary not suitable for radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChepstowGreen

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

Totally agree 👍

May 16, 2016
l think l shall be turning to that frequency now. I doubt Argyle will mind as they have my £45 which tbh l am very happy with the content they produce (outside of the tv commentary).

Such a shame, but unfortunately commentary just feels soulless.

Maybe soulless is the wrong word. Just feels no flow to the match. Radio has to be engaging with your mind and this feels like tv commentary not suitable for radio.
I think it is the same commentary for both on ArgyleTV. The BBC was ok today but they dod seem to get our players mixed up at times.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I think it is the same commentary for both on ArgyleTV. The BBC was ok today but they dod seem to get our players mixed up at times.

lt is hit n miss. There are some strange commentators on Radio Devon.

Maybe for away games l won’t listen and then just watch the full match replay later on.

Reactions: Guiri Green

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Can someone please confirm if the comms duo were actually at the match or in a remote location.Never been a fan of a two person team for a TV football commentary.Over the years I have watched games with only one commentator which has been excellent.We don’t need a constant chatter when we are watching a game cos we can see what’s going on.

Reactions: jerryatricjanner

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Can someone please confirm if the comms duo were actually at the match or in a remote location.Never been a fan of a two person team for a TV football commentary.Over the years I have watched games with only one commentator which has been excellent.We don’t need a constant chatter when we are watching a game cos we can see what’s going on.

Might be able to figure it out from that feed.

I honestly thought the plan was CP keeps doing the TV and Argyle were going to get a radio commentator. But possibly made that up in my head.

Reactions: Green as Grass