Positives from Peterborough League cup match | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Positives from Peterborough League cup match

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
As much as I hate to disagree, I am not so positive on-field. Off the field, everything is looking great, no one could argue that but on-field I am a little bit worried.

The summer recruitment is totally aimed at this new formation being the new permanent one, despite the press talk of choices. If we go back to 3-5-2, the squad is one forward short and has 2 or 3 too many in midfield. But, its taking time to bed in. The players don't look comfortable with it - Houghton, Ennis, Jephcott, Wilson, Edwards and even Cooper (distribution wise) all look uncomfortable with it. It doesn't play to Hardie's strengths either.

The new players don't seem to be improvements on last year - Butcher is no Pan (who is!) and its questionable whether he is better than Broom on his performances so far. Broom certainly had more impact at the start of last season. Is Whittaker an upgrade on Garrick? Garrick arrived by hitting the bar from 30 yards on his first appearance, Whittaker doesn't look like he could hit a barn door at the moment. Mumba looks good but when Miller and Grant are back, he switches sides and then does he displace Edwards? Not in my opinion as Edwards is the heartbeat of the team, look how we missed him at the end of last season. The one who does look the part is Azaz but he doesn't appear to fit into 3-5-2 with Mayor (IMO that would leave the CDM ultra exposed) so he either sits on the bench or we stick to the 3-2-3-1.

I get it will take time but then I look at the fixtures coming up - Peterborough, Charlton, FGR, Bolton, Derby, Sheff Wed. All but one of these are expected to be in the top 10 come the end of the season. It is not inconceivable we reach the 10th Sept with 1 win and just 3 points from 8 games and then it becomes a real struggle with confidence low, an inexperienced manager and all sorts. I so very much hope I'm wrong.

On another note - we are crying out for Pan in this new formation. The club news is suspiciously quiet. Is he seriously injured or just not being risked until the transfer window shuts. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly go or make a dramatic recovery for the Derby game if he is still here.

I too would love to see Pan back - I think he’d thrive as one of the CM’s (hopefully next to Adam Randell. Now a midfield of pan, Randell, Azaz and Mayor is really mouthwatering..

Dec 30, 2020
We played ten cup games last year, seven away from home.

It’s always better to be winning but the extra rest and reduced travelling time is a significant silver lining

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I agree about the positive and relaxed feeling. Our first 12 games have very tricky games against possibly 10 of the eventual top 12 in the league. I can see us struggling for points and even being in bottom half of the table after these 12 games.

However I am positive if this is the case as Schuey will thrive and learn from any set back. Most people learn the most when they go through a tough time. We also have the talent in the squad to bounce back after any poor run.

I don’t think we will see the best of this team until at least 10 games in when match fitness and sharpness is upto speed, we get a few injuries back and everyone has worked out how to play together and how to play the new system. We as fans just need to keep backing the team even if we get several losses in a row.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I agree about the positive and relaxed feeling. Our first 12 games have very tricky games against possibly 10 of the eventual top 12 in the league. I can see us struggling for points and even being in bottom half of the table after these 12 games.

However I am positive if this is the case as Schuey will thrive and learn from any set back. Most people learn the most when they go through a tough time. We also have the talent in the squad to bounce back after any poor run.

I don’t think we will see the best of this team until at least 10 games in when match fitness and sharpness is upto speed, we get a few injuries back and everyone has worked out how to play together and how to play the new system. We as fans just need to keep backing the team even if we get several losses in a row.

Unfortunately , l can’t double like your post.

Positive and realistic. It’s the new PASOTI vibe l hope.

Reactions: Taribo'sCousin
Jun 26, 2006
Positive that might seem a bit like a negative....
First half we were tedious , slow and boring . Second half there was more tempo in the play. The ball was moved quicker and slicker and as a result we looked a different team.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There was no litter outside of the tunnel. :)

Aug 4, 2022
Totally agree with the points you've made here.

For me Lonwijk was a joy to watch, looks like a really intelligent player, didn't look like a teenager amongst men at all, read the game and made some really good challenges.

Endacott had a great debut too. Imagine his adrenaline added to the tempo he gave us. I like the fact he took some risks and got the ball in at the correct time more often than not.

I will say it was painfully obvious we need a goal scorer though, we can't rely on Jephcott and Ennis if Hardie picks up a knock.