Positives from Peterborough League cup match | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Positives from Peterborough League cup match

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
1. Brendan Galloway plays 63 minutes in a competitive fixture - his first for 260 days.
You can see the comments from Shuey that he was so pleased to have Brendan back and sees him making a big contribution to us this season.

2. Excellent debut for Nigel Longwijk. Voted official MOM. He looks calm, assured and quick. Shuey says he’s making a claim to start… I think he’ll be a regular starter for us within weeks.

3. 17 year old Jack Endacotts debut. He played well and showed real pace at times as well as a lovely cross where Ennis nearly scored a header from. Another bright prospect from our academy.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Pre match Abbot Ales were good in the Britannia

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We don't have to worry about this cup for another season

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
No. 2. Who does Nigel replace? Not seen the game or know much about him, Gillesphey replacement?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
1. Brendan Galloway plays 63 minutes in a competitive fixture - his first for 260 days.
You can see the comments from Shuey that he was so pleased to have Brendan back and sees him making a big contribution to us this season.

2. Excellent debut for Nigel Longwijk. Voted official MOM. He looks calm, assured and quick. Shuey says he’s making a claim to start… I think he’ll be a regular starter for us within weeks.

3. 17 year old Jack Endacotts debut. He played well and showed real pace at times as well as a lovely cross where Ennis nearly scored a header from. Another bright prospect from our academy.
I take your points with regard to no.2 and no.3, but whilst I share that hope, I also recall the old saying 'one swallow does not make a summer'.. let's see how life pans out for them.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
No. 2. Who does Nigel replace? Not seen the game or know much about him, Gillesphey replacement?
Just thought, Galloway plays there so wouldn't imagine he plays there. Your then left with Scarr and Wilson. Will be interesting to see.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021

Got to say l enjoy your positive posts.

So l don’t know why, but l feel extremely positive too. I know results haven’t been what we wanted. And performances aren’t quite there.

Yet even if we struggle this season, l feel really positive that even if we don’t get it right this season that we will keep going (just like with the grandstand) until we eventually get it right.

Im can’t put my finger on it. We could lose the next 10 games and l will disappointed but still feeling pretty relaxed about everything. I just have this feeling everything is going to come good.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Got to say l enjoy your positive posts.

So l don’t know why, but l feel extremely positive too. I know results haven’t been what we wanted. And performances aren’t quite there.

Yet even if we struggle this season, l feel really positive that even if we don’t get it right this season that we will keep going (just like with the grandstand) until we eventually get it right.

Im can’t put my finger on it. We could lose the next 10 games and l will disappointed but still feeling pretty relaxed about everything. I just have this feeling everything is going to come good.

Totally agree mate, there’s just so much to be happy about right now being an Argyle fan. We’re going in the right direction and I’m also confident we’ll get a promotion soon enough ..

Reactions: GreenThing

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

Probably to replace Scarr given he played in the centre of a back 3.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Totally agree mate, there’s just so much to be happy about right now being an Argyle fan. We’re going in the right direction and I’m also confident we’ll get a promotion soon enough ..

I agree but not about promotion.

So l look at what l think our next step is.

I hear the phase “stainable championship club”. Personally, at this moment l don’t think it’s realistic for many years because of the financial gulf.

My hope is we can be eventually be a sustainable top 6 league league one club in the 2-3 years. Look to grow financies and push, and most importantly get in, the playoffs. We can look to not just play winning football but much better attacking football.

I think our financial model & our crowd average can eventually support this as a more realistic aim. We can sell players and re-invest. But this model takes time. And lm not sure fruition of this model will happen for a few years.

Don’t get me wrong. The ambition every season should be to get out of the league your in. However, l think that line of thought isn’t based on financial realism.

Im pretty positive now because I can see where we are financially compared to others and if you think about it logically we aren’t ready for promotion based on our budget. I would take it. I’m sure the club would. I think we will give it our best shot. And sometimes dreams come true. But for now l feel we still have much more building to do on and off the field.

If we get promoted the club would of worked an absolute miracle imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jannerz
Feb 14, 2022
As much as I hate to disagree, I am not so positive on-field. Off the field, everything is looking great, no one could argue that but on-field I am a little bit worried.

The summer recruitment is totally aimed at this new formation being the new permanent one, despite the press talk of choices. If we go back to 3-5-2, the squad is one forward short and has 2 or 3 too many in midfield. But, its taking time to bed in. The players don't look comfortable with it - Houghton, Ennis, Jephcott, Wilson, Edwards and even Cooper (distribution wise) all look uncomfortable with it. It doesn't play to Hardie's strengths either.

The new players don't seem to be improvements on last year - Butcher is no Pan (who is!) and its questionable whether he is better than Broom on his performances so far. Broom certainly had more impact at the start of last season. Is Whittaker an upgrade on Garrick? Garrick arrived by hitting the bar from 30 yards on his first appearance, Whittaker doesn't look like he could hit a barn door at the moment. Mumba looks good but when Miller and Grant are back, he switches sides and then does he displace Edwards? Not in my opinion as Edwards is the heartbeat of the team, look how we missed him at the end of last season. The one who does look the part is Azaz but he doesn't appear to fit into 3-5-2 with Mayor (IMO that would leave the CDM ultra exposed) so he either sits on the bench or we stick to the 3-2-3-1.

I get it will take time but then I look at the fixtures coming up - Peterborough, Charlton, FGR, Bolton, Derby, Sheff Wed. All but one of these are expected to be in the top 10 come the end of the season. It is not inconceivable we reach the 10th Sept with 1 win and just 3 points from 8 games and then it becomes a real struggle with confidence low, an inexperienced manager and all sorts. I so very much hope I'm wrong.

On another note - we are crying out for Pan in this new formation. The club news is suspiciously quiet. Is he seriously injured or just not being risked until the transfer window shuts. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly go or make a dramatic recovery for the Derby game if he is still here.

Reactions: chester and oldage