Points based ticket priority

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The fans survey on prority points showed no 'decisive consensus' and yet it was still introduced.

The survey and implementation of the priority points system was after season tickets went on sale where the blurb stated season ticket holders would get prority for away games, that now isn't true because levels of priority have been introduced after selling the season tickets.

The upshot is that sections of ST holders drop further down the prority list and the flexi ticket holders and the BGL members drop further down.

The club get lots and lots of things right but not this time.

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
How exactly do points get determined? Like If I want to go with a friend, does he have to buy his ticket on his account and me buy mine on mine to get the points? Because that's an annoying way to be buying tickets when multiple people want to go. One of us just gets the tickets.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The fans survey on prority points showed no 'decisive consensus' and yet it was still introduced.

The survey and implementation of the priority points system was after season tickets went on sale where the blurb stated season ticket holders would get prority for away games, that now isn't true because levels of priority have been introduced after selling the season tickets.

The upshot is that sections of ST holders drop further down the prority list and the flexi ticket holders and the BGL members drop further down.

No season ticket holder is pushed lower than a non season ticket holder though.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
No season ticket holder is pushed lower than a non season ticket holder though.
Is that true? Genuine question - I'm not sure of the answer, but it's important.

If Season Ticket holders will always have priority over Flexi ticket holders/BGL members, who in turn always have priority over others, then great.

In this case, the points tally simply ranks priority within a group (say within Season Ticket holders) where there is excess demand, but can't (for example) promote a Flexi Ticket holder over someone with a Season Ticket.

Is this correct? This seems fair to me, if so.

Reactions: king green

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Is that true? Genuine question - I'm not sure of the answer, but it's important.

If Season Ticket holders will always have priority over Flexi ticket holders/BGL members, who in turn always have priority over others, then great.

In this case, the points tally simply ranks priority within a group (say within Season Ticket holders) where there is excess demand, but can't (for example) promote a Flexi Ticket holder over someone with a Season Ticket.

Is this correct? This seems fair to me, if so.
This is exactly correct.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
How exactly do points get determined? Like If I want to go with a friend, does he have to buy his ticket on his account and me buy mine on mine to get the points? Because that's an annoying way to be buying tickets when multiple people want to go. One of us just gets the tickets.
Your friend would just need to assign the tickets to you, then you will be allocated the points.

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire

Nonsense.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Me too.

However, speaking personally, I have purchased a flexi/white membership for a few seasons. Also supported the lottery for over 10 years.

In truth, buying a membership is my way of supporting the club from over 200 miles away from Home Park. Due to the geographical issue plus other commitments over the years I don’t think I have ever made it to 6 home games in a season. Probably 4 on average and perhaps 9 or 10 away games. The club, therefore, benefits as I pay more per home ticket than the flexi member who makes 6 games a season.

So from my perspective, the points system is not hugely attractive as it stands. Might get 40 points from attending home games although in theory I have paid for 60 points with the membership. In comparison ST holders get 230 points (10 for every game) even if for whatever reason they only attend 18 home games.

Guess no scheme is perfect and there are always winners and losers and if the second tier priority isn't comprised then that is something. Not totally convinced though that there is much benefit in getting a membership because as a BGL subscriber, you already getting second tier priority for tickets without paying out £100+ up front each season.

I totally think that flexi member should have loyalty points up front as they have paid up front - just like a full ST holder.

If they don’t - you might as well just buy tickets one at a time for each home match.

Last edited:

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003

BGL and flexi stay where they are in terms of priority ie behind season ticket holders.
Where popular games will be over subscribed, those season ticket holders that attend additional games get priority, before oths STs.
If any tickets remain, BGL and flexis can buy before any go on general sale.
I totally think that flexi member should have loyalty points up front as they have paid up front - just like a full ST holder.

I’d they don’t you might as well just buy tickets one at a time for each home match.
The issue with is is that a flexi could attend one game with five mates/family members.

As has been said, whichever system is adopted, someone is disadvantaged, and that includes the previous system.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
BGL and flexi stay where they are in terms of priority ie behind season ticket holders.
Where popular games will be over subscribed, those season ticket holders that attend additional games get priority, before oths STs.
If any tickets remain, BGL and flexis can buy before any go on general sale.

The issue with is is that a flexi could attend one game with five mates/family members.

As has been said, whichever system is adopted, someone is disadvantaged, and that includes the previous system.

But that person who has paid for 6 tickets in advance.

ST’s can be shared between people too.

i would have bought a 6 game flexi but I don’t think I will now as in terms of loyalty points I’m treated just the same as any other random fan who just buys 1 ticket for a match at a time.

May 8, 2011
But that person who has paid for 6 tickets in advance.

ST’s can be shared between people too.

i would have bought a 6 game flexi but I don’t think I will now as in terms of loyalty points I’m treated just the same as any other random fan who just buys 1 ticket for a match at a time.
No you aren’t because you have a period to purchase away tickets before they go on general sale.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie
Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
This all seems to be a lot of fuss over not very much. It is not a "I'm a better fan than you because I've got more loyalty points" thing. All it is, and all it does, is ensure that if/when 9,000 ST holders are going after 2,000 tickets for a big match (such as a big away FA Cup match, a promotion away match at the end of the season, or the play-off SF away match), the ST holders who have been to more away games throughout the season get first dibs at the 2,000 available tickets. Seems entirely fair to me.

Dunkeld Green

✅ Evergreen
Jan 4, 2006
Inver, Dunkeld
Lundan Cabbie said:
Good for you in these times of a cost of living crisis. If you can afford to buy tickets and not go then good luck to you. My perception of most of the Green Army is that they are not selfish and full of self mindedness. If you feel you need to cheat yourself into a position of getting tickets for the bigger games then you carry oSo Lun

Dunkeld Green said:
So i renewed my season ticket again this season again with the outlook of only making 6-10 home matches but the fixture calculator was not in my favour and will probably only make the 1 possibly 2 matches at home at the very most but this gives me the chance to get tickets for away matches which are a bit closer to me.
Depending on how the points system will work i.e. 230 points for just buying the season ticket will the club then add into the equation of if you attend a match lets say another 5 points per attended game at home, as London Cabbie stated Palace give points for attending away matches but also sell an away season ticket is that another +£400 season ticket to buy.
I don't work between November - Mid March but I'm also in a financial position that I can afford to buy both season tickets Home/Away if that was a way Argyle decided to go and if I wanted to beat the points system, but would this not again be against the Argyle supporters who would prefer to pick and choose which match to attend.
I fully understand that due to the milage I have to travel 544 miles in each direction for each home match and a minimum of 248 miles each way for an away match but that is a part of having a guaranteed seat where I want with people I know.
At the moment as a season ticket holder if an away match sells out during that early stages that is purely down to demand by other season ticket holders but going on the points system I could have the full amount of points going forward but not have even attended 1 match in a season just on the off chance of a Chelsea type match or being more optimistic Argyle reaching the top end of the Championship or even the Premiership.
So now you are calling people selfish and full of self mindedness........thank you very much!!!!!
I have had a season ticket for the most of my supporting life and although I have moved away I have continued to buy a season ticket even now to support Argyle both at matches and via Argyle TV again both home and away.
I along with the majority of season ticket holders did not ask for a refund, bought a season ticket even though it would be cheaper to just buy a match by match, every match I can't attend I buy Argyle TV match ticket, BLG member, donated probably 10 tickets to the NHS along with this over £200 in fuel to watch a home game. Last season I probably travelled over 10,000 miles watching Argyle I'm not saying I am a superior supporter than any other but to imply that I am selfish and full of self mindedness is totally disrespectful to myself and fellow supporters who only want to watch and support Argyle.
If I bought a ticket for every away match and offered them to Ian to give away to supporters who live local but cannot buy tickets for free and build up the points that way again would I BE SELFISH???

So Argyle have decided to proceed and issued advice on the Priority Points Scheme, so anybody who is not a season ticket holder is already almost a full season behind the supporters who have bought a full season ticket holders if Argyle do decide to introduce it fully next season after this trial.

At the very beginning of the questionnaire it did ask if you understood how a points system would work, I knew it was a very unfair system open to abuse and pointed this out in my response at the end and in this discussion thread.
So the probability is people did not fully understand the impact of the points system and just thought it was a good idea after the Chelsea game fiasco.....(I can hear the complaints already as Premiership teams only have to issue a minimum of 15% of tickets to away fans i.e. Brentford just over 2000, Fulham 1900 & Palace just under 4000 these are the smallest grounds).....when in fact it almost discriminates the very supporters who over the years even though as a season ticket holder they would have been able to pick and choose the away matches the would go to and hopefully bought a ticket when on sale and taken their chances on a FA Cup match.

Now supporters have to make a choice of
1:- Buying a full season ticket but also buying a ticket for each away match for full points
2:-Buying a full season ticket then picking and choosing and trying to by an away ticket for matches they choose
3:-Buy a Flexi-Ticket or BLG for third pickings
4:-Not buying a season ticket and hoping that they make general sale.

So for myself already bought my Fleetwood ticket and about to buy my Charlton ticket(which I will attend both) but at the same time get a FGR ticket with the hope of also of being able to get a Derby ticket as we have over 9000 season ticket holder but Derby will only give Argyle 3147 (Which they gave also to Oxford)tickets between 9000 so that would be a 1 in 3 chance of getting a ticket that's less of a chance than the Chelsea match. Just for the Fleetwood & the Charlton match it will cost the best part of £400 in traveling expenses and that's not including the home matches.
As been quoted on a prior posting a fellow poster stated. "If you feel you need to cheat yourself into a position of getting tickets for the bigger games" well sorry it's not cheating in the current climate......in a months time I could if I wanted too attend every match home and away but with the current cost of living it would cost me in excess of over £1000 a month to watch them home and away. So for myself yes it is the only way going forward of getting a ticket for not only a big match but possibly any match away.
It would also be practicle for me to buy a ticket and donate it on here just on the basis of getting a ticket for a match I would like to see remotely close to me which would be a minimum of 224 miles each direction.

But to add to this Argyle have also stated that the points only last for a total of 3 seasons if they were continue the points scheme and then reset season 1 taken off, season 2 the following season.... So if you miss a couple of matches you could then drop out of contention for the big matches if the drawn later on in the season.

Frequently Asked Questions about the Points Scheme
When do the loyalty points expire?
The points that supporters accumulate will be on their accounts for two historical seasons plus the current season.
When the third season ends, points accumulated during the first season will be wiped clear.
Please note: We have not committed to extending this trial past the 22/23 season yet.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ
May 8, 2011
So Argyle have decided to proceed and issued advice on the Priority Points Scheme, so anybody who is not a season ticket holder is already almost a full season behind the supporters who have bought a full season ticket holders if Argyle do decide to introduce it fully next season after this trial.

At the very beginning of the questionnaire it did ask if you understood how a points system would work, I knew it was a very unfair system open to abuse and pointed this out in my response at the end and in this discussion thread.
So the probability is people did not fully understand the impact of the points system and just thought it was a good idea after the Chelsea game fiasco.....(I can hear the complaints already as Premiership teams only have to issue a minimum of 15% of tickets to away fans i.e. Brentford just over 2000, Fulham 1900 & Palace just under 4000 these are the smallest grounds).....when in fact it almost discriminates the very supporters who over the years even though as a season ticket holder they would have been able to pick and choose the away matches the would go to and hopefully bought a ticket when on sale and taken their chances on a FA Cup match.

1:- Buying a full season ticket but also buying a ticket for each away match for full points
2:-Buying a full season ticket then picking and choosing and trying to by an away ticket for matches they choose

So for myself already bought my Fleetwood ticket and about to buy my Charlton ticket(which I will attend both) but at the same time get a FGR ticket with the hope of also of being able to get a Derby ticket as we have over 9000 season ticket holder but Derby will only give Argyle 3147 (Which they gave also to Oxford)tickets between 9000 so that would be a 1 in 3 chance of getting a ticket that's less of a chance than the Chelsea match. Just for the Fleetwood & the Charlton match it will cost the best part of £400 in traveling expenses and that's not including the home matches.
As been quoted on a prior posting a fellow poster stated. "If you feel you need to cheat yourself into a position of getting tickets for the bigger games" well sorry it's not cheating in the current climate......in a months time I could if I wanted too attend every match home and away but with the current cost of living it would cost me in excess of over £1000 a month to watch them home and away. So for myself yes it is the only way going forward of getting a ticket for not only a big match but possibly any match away.
It would also be practicle for me to buy a ticket and donate it on here just on the basis of getting a ticket for a match I would like to see remotely close to me which would be a minimum of 224 miles each direction.

But to add to this Argyle have also stated that the points only last for a total of 3 seasons if they were continue the points scheme and then reset season 1 taken off, season 2 the following season.... So if you miss a couple of matches you could then drop out of contention for the big matches if the drawn later on in the season.

The points that supporters accumulate will be on their accounts for two historical seasons plus the current season.
When the third season ends, points accumulated during the first season will be wiped clear.
Please note: We have not committed to extending this trial past the 22/23 season yet.
Do you think it is fair that a season ticket holder who had been to every away game for two season including a relegation season wasn’t able to get a ticket for the last Exeter away match?
Isn’t the Club just rewarding loyalty?

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016

What was the "Chelsea game fiasco" you refer to?

In what way was it a fiasco?