Points based ticket priority | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Points based ticket priority

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Because all season ticket holders currently have the same chance of going to an away game. As explained and using Sunderland as a example; obviously their away following far exceeded the capacity of most League 1 grounds. They would therefore sell tickets stating that you had to have so many points. This was always far more than most fans could ever hope to achieve and so the same 1000-1500 fans got the away tickets every game. Now, I understand that Argyle are only reserving a percentage of tickets for Season Ticket + Points holders this season, that it will only be a handful of games and again it will not affect me but this will be reviewed. My simple point is I do not feel that I should have any priority over any other ST holder
Had Argyle reached the play-offs last season, do you think it would have been fair if a season ticket holder who hadn't been to any way games got a ticket for for the away semi final leg but you couldn't get one despite having gone away 19 times?

The way things are at the moment, this could have happened if Argyle had been up against a team with a small away capacity. I would say that you with your 19 trips behind you, would have deserved to be getting first refusal.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Triple points for Cheltenham away on Boxing Day? :D

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Had Argyle reached the play-offs last season, do you think it would have been fair if a season ticket holder who hadn't been to any way games got a ticket for for the away semi final leg but you couldn't get one despite having gone away 19 times?

The way things are at the moment, this could have happened if Argyle had been up against a team with a small away capacity. I would say that you with your 19 trips behind you, would have deserved to be getting first refusal.
I couldn't agree more, but let's face it, life ain't fair!

No matter what system is used, there will be someone disadvantaged, which is why it's important that the system itself doesn't create unfairness.

Reactions: GreenThing

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location

I'm a ST holder I gave my money to Argyle upfront.
Your hypothetical supporter has given more money to 19 other clubs and he/she gets priority??
It ain't a 'loyalty' contest it is support.

Reactions: Chip green

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I'm a ST holder I gave my money to Argyle upfront.
Your hypothetical supporter has given more money to 19 other clubs and he/she gets priority??
It ain't a 'loyalty' contest it is support.
I think you'll find that Bigalf is most definitely a season ticket holder and went to 19 away games. He certainly isn't hypothetical.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
A few sorry years ago the mere suggestion of the need for introducing a points system would have had everyone laughing like hyenas!

shows how far we’ve come as a club since that dark period.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Apr 3, 2010
Chances are people will side with what suits them if you’re a season ticket holder who doesn’t go to away games regularly of course you’re going to be against this. But that doesn’t necessarily make the opinion right.

A certain percent of tickets in my opinion should be kept aside for season ticket holders who have attended x amount of games and then the rest should either be decided by a public ballot. Someone’s ability to be available for a 9 am ticket sale is unfair anyone that has priority should be put into a ballot for the remaining tickets.

This will only be a small amount of fixtures where by this will be required, many of the away games we have sold out have gone to general sale before selling out, I think it’s only fair those fans who travel most and have a season ticket have first access to tickets for popular games.

This is from a completely unbiased view from a non season ticket holder.

Reactions: meetoo

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I wonder if this might boost attendance at the lower profile Cup games. I'm a flexi member and I can only go to about half of the home league games because of work commitments, but building up points is definitely going to motivate me to go to matches like Peterborough in the Coca-Cola Cup or whatever it's called now.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Chances are people will side with what suits them if you’re a season ticket holder who doesn’t go to away games regularly of course you’re going to be against this. But that doesn’t necessarily make the opinion right.

A certain percent of tickets in my opinion should be kept aside for season ticket holders who have attended x amount of games and then the rest should either be decided by a public ballot. Someone’s ability to be available for a 9 am ticket sale is unfair anyone that has priority should be put into a ballot for the remaining tickets.

This will only be a small amount of fixtures where by this will be required, many of the away games we have sold out have gone to general sale before selling out, I think it’s only fair those fans who travel most and have a season ticket have first access to tickets for popular games.

This is from a completely unbiased view from a non season ticket holder.
A ballot might be a good idea if supporters attend on their own. I believe that many, perhaps most, fans travel with at least one other, be it a spouse, child, parent or friend(s) - football is more than just a game.
Under the current set up as well as any priority set up, the group can travel together, as they are likely to have the same level of priority.
Under a lottery system perhaps only one in the group might get a ticket and it's bound to be the six-year-old!

Reactions: meetoo

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Sure I read somewhere that points would be visible on ticketing account by first match of season? Can’t see anything yet, but I suppose there’s still 2 hours before first match

Reactions: Lesmin

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Bump

"From the first game of the season, supporters’ ticketing accounts will show users how many points they have earned, and, should a points system be assigned to a fixture, our online ticket purchasing system will automatically ensure tickets can only be purchased by those meeting the threshold during the priority phase"

Anyone managed to see how many points they have?

Doc

Nov 15, 2011
Plymouth
I ordered 6 tickets for the Peterborough Cup game. And this transaction is now showing on my account. I guess it’s the deduction of 5 points each for the 5 extra tickets I bought. There is no other indication of loyalty points I have accrued. 6FB94FBB-A5CF-4603-A62F-6AAA0FCDCBF7.jpeg

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I ordered 6 tickets for the Peterborough Cup game. And this transaction is now showing on my account. I guess it’s the deduction of 5 points each for the 5 extra tickets I bought. There is no other indication of loyalty points I have accrued. View attachment 4969
You shouldn’t be getting the points for every ticket. They should go to the individual who the ticket was purchased for. Argyle Official confirmed that you should be assigning the tickets to individuals whose accounts are linked to yours, even kids tickets.

Doc

Nov 15, 2011
Plymouth
You shouldn’t be getting the points for every ticket. They should go to the individual who the ticket was purchased for. Argyle Official confirmed that you should be assigning the tickets to individuals whose accounts are linked to yours, even kids tickets.
Yes. I realise that. I was just saying that was the only indication of Loyalty points on my account. I just find it strange that they’ve deducted the correct amount of points, but from what total? No mention of loyalty points anywhere else. I bought a Fleetwood away ticket but it doesn’t say they’ve added 10 points.