Plymouth photos. | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth photos.

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Whilst back for the Lincoln game saw this picture in a gallery when strolling around the Barbican. Further investigations show that it was taken in 1967 during the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour. I was unaware that the position where they sat is remembered with bronze outlines on the ground, enabling friends to recreate the picture, similar to what people fans do on the Abbey Road zebra crossing.

1644653042357.png

Reactions: Ironman
Sep 6, 2006
I spent two years on Fearless and many trips on the LSLs and both Commando Carriers and almost everyone onboard agreed that when rounding Rame Head and coming into the Western entrance was one of the best sights anywhere in the world from seaward. we are blessed.
On a par with Valetta Harbour Malta? That's a hell of a sight.

Reactions: fawlty
Sep 16, 2009
Whilst back for the Lincoln game saw this picture in a gallery when strolling around the Barbican. Further investigations show that it was taken in 1967 during the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour. I was unaware that the position where they sat is remembered with bronze outlines on the ground, enabling friends to recreate the picture, similar to what people fans do on the Abbey Road zebra crossing.

View attachment 2629
My wife bought me this as a Christmas present a few years ago, and it now hangs proudly in the stairwell.

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Apologoes, no fotos but a couple of memories.
Does anyone remember or have pictures of a very 50's/60's cafe/diner(?) that used to be situated in Cornwall St. or New George St. II remember it had chrome type spin stools at the bar/counter.
My mum and dad used to take us there as kids for the doughnuts.
Talking of which, whatever happened to the recipe of those doughnuts? They had a very soft, yellow dough and tasted so different to todays palid, over fried offerings. They weren't sparing with the jam filling either then.
If the chocolate cake was just as good, it was probably Goodbody's. They certainly had high stools around a horse shoe shaped "bar" counter.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
If the chocolate cake was just as good, it was probably Goodbody's. They certainly had high stools around a horse shoe shaped "bar" counter.

The doughnuts scream Woollies.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Now that's a great photo. Never seen it before.
I know they were on Westward TV at the the studios just along from the ABC, before their gig that is. Maybe that's where this photo was taken, on their way to the ABC. The Athenaeum is on the left.