Apr 3, 2013
Doncaster Rovers
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The countdown to Doncaster Rovers

Saturday

A You Tube preview of the game .... Donny club website.

Fan information for visiting Home Park .... club website.

Doncaster pre-match quiz .. club website.

Friday

Comprehensive match preview ... Donny club website. (well worth a read)

Streaming and audio details for the game ... here.

The Doncaster official website takes an in-depth look at Argyle's key players ... link.

Doncaster manager Richie Wellens looks ahead to the game .. Donny club website.

Match preview ... club website.

Doncaster manager Richie Wellens says the players will watch an Argyle game on TV on the coach on the long journey to Plymouth ... Doncaster Free Press.

Thursday

Doncaster midfielder Ethan Galbraith looks ahead to the game .... Donny club website.

Early Doncaster team news ... Doncaster Free Press.

The Mayflower Fan Zone returns for this game ... club website.

Buy your match tickets ... here.

Argyle have played Doncaster 23 times at Home Park, winning nine games, drawing six and losing eight.

According to Sky Bet Argyle are at 5/6 to win, a draw is on offer at 5/2 and a Doncaster win has odds of 3/1.

Wednesday

Referee
Experienced referee Trevor Kettle is the man in the middle for the game, so far this season he has issued 23 yellow cards and two red cards in seven games. He was last in charge of an Argyle game in March last season when the Greens won 2-0 against Bristol Rovers.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Michael Begley and Steven Plane while the fourth official is Alex James.

They Played For Both
Peter Gilbert, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Tommy Tynan, Neil Illman, Terry Austin, Jordan Houghton, Niall Ennis, Conor Grant, Elliott Ward. Any more?

Doncaster Rovers stats analysis
Strengths

No significant strengths.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Aerial duels.
Avoiding individual errors.
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Defending against long shots.
Protecting the lead.
Style of play
Play with width.
Attacking down the right.
Attacking down the left.
Take long shots.
Playing in their own half.
Play the offside trap.
Rotate their first eleven.

Doncaster's league form
7 August: Doncaster 1 - 2 AFC Wimbledon.
14 August: Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 0 Doncaster.
17 August: Accrington 1 - 0 Doncaster.
21 August: Doncaster 0 - 0 Portsmouth.
28 August: Rotherham 2 - 0 Doncaster.
11 September: Wigan 2 - 1 Doncaster.
18 September: Doncaster 1 - 0 Morecambe.

Digital match tickets can be downloaded to your phone and scanned at the turnstile ..... full details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 25, 2010
From one good ref tonight ( v Pompey), to a referee this Saturday, who has the reputation of some bizarre decisions.

Reactions: David Doidge
Jul 24, 2016
Padi Wilson from the Mick Jones era. We loaned him to Donnie when they were bottom of the league, and just about to drop to the Conference

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Doncaster have just had their first league win, last Saturday 1 -0 against Morecambe.

On Tuesday, in the EFL Trophy, they won 2 - 1 against Manchester City Under 21s.
Against a fast, attacking young City side, Wellens says Doncaster pressed well and restricted City's threats.

You tube Wellens interview
I fear Saturday will not be an easy game for Argyle.

Reactions: leedann
Dec 3, 2005
Oh dear playing the side bottom of the League hasn't always gone well for Argyle, but I think this 'new' team we have will improve our record.

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
As controversial as this may seam, I think Hardy needs to sit out this match (bench).
Why I hear you ask... ( well more of a wtf).
Doncaster will likely "park the buss". There will be no space "in behind" for Hardy to run into. I therefore feel this would suit Agard more, as he is more suited to the more battling forward play, that we will need in order to break down the Doncaster defence. I feel it will be a very frustrating game for Hardy. Coming off the bench however, he can cause problems with his pace late on.

Nov 2, 2004
As controversial as this may seam, I think Hardy needs to sit out this match (bench).
Doncaster will likely "park the buss". There will be no space "in behind" for Hardy to run into. I therefore feel this would suit Agard more, as he is more suited to the more battling forward play, that we will need in order to break down the Doncaster defence. I feel it will be a very frustrating game for Hardy. Coming off the bench however, he can cause problems with his pace late on.
Wellens sides do not park the bus, they will have a go.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Wellens sides do not park the bus, they will have a go.
Not sure Wellens has been manager of the team that are bottom of the division before and scraping for every point tho so I’d not be surprised at all to see Doncaster playing quite defensive at least in the 1st half or perhaps until we scored a goal…

Reactions: ealinggreen

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Interesting theory. I would be surprised if a Richie Wellen team came to park the bus but even so would trust a player with 8 goals in the last 6 weeks over a striker who has 2 goals in the past 2 years.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
….and going back many years, a Scottish international and Arsenal midfielder who won 6 trophies for Arsenal between 1930 and 1936.